Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monbiot laying into Brand 08:58 - Mar 10 with 9156 viewsStokieBlue

I didn't realise what Brand was pushing on his channels over the last few years:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/10/russell-brand-politics-pub

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Monbiot laying into Brand on 13:18 - Mar 10 with 2276 viewsKeno

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:53 - Mar 10 by leitrimblue

That's all in the 2nd book. Though thought it was common knowledge that God is a town fan from Haverhill?

Few years back me and a friend where actually working on the idea of writing a kids book of this style titled The Archaeological Evidence for Giants, Witches and Pixies.

The idea was to highlight how easy it is to make Archaeological evidence fit the narrative you want to tell (all smaller then usual artifacts, small arrowheads for example were evidence for Pixies, oversized artifacts were clear evidence for Giants etc

I like the sound of that book!!

While I expect to be mocked for this. I am aware that the creation story and much of the early genesis is a reworking of much older texts, such as sumarian (so?) and before but there are some odd references to giants in there

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Monbiot laying into Brand on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 2217 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:45 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

If I leave something unanswered, it's usually cos its already been covered elsewhere already and no one wins from repetition. But out of respect, flag the post you want and answer to (i can;t read minds) and I'll have a crack - anything about from the Erieblue one which went right over my head!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 12:45]

You're being disingenuous. I'm not asking you to read minds, it's blatantly obvious. There are 3 posts from me to you at the end of that thread which you haven't answered. Pick any one you fancy!

And this whilst you've been replying to WhosBlue, Dan and Swansea in the same place. You're even still avoiding mine now by pretending to not know what ones I'm talking about and saying you're not a mindreader.

No wonder Glasser's is backing you up, same sort of avoiding and diverting tactics he used to use!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Monbiot laying into Brand on 14:00 - Mar 10 with 2182 viewsWeWereZombies

Monbiot laying into Brand on 13:18 - Mar 10 by Keno

I like the sound of that book!!

While I expect to be mocked for this. I am aware that the creation story and much of the early genesis is a reworking of much older texts, such as sumarian (so?) and before but there are some odd references to giants in there

Come off it, the World was created by six uneducated gravediggers from Halesworth on a day trip to Pleasurewood Hills. It's all in my book 'Charabanc of the clods'...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 14:08 - Mar 10 with 2161 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Monbiot laying into Brand on 14:00 - Mar 10 by WeWereZombies

Come off it, the World was created by six uneducated gravediggers from Halesworth on a day trip to Pleasurewood Hills. It's all in my book 'Charabanc of the clods'...

I thought the world was a 60's creation as highlightd by Anthony Burgess's tract, "Marriott of the Mods

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 14:39 - Mar 10 with 2104 viewsgtsb1966

Not a fan of Brand but this is good.
Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:29 - Mar 10 with 2024 viewsKeno

Monbiot laying into Brand on 14:00 - Mar 10 by WeWereZombies

when you mentioned that they came from Halesworth did you need to add "uneducated"?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Monbiot laying into Brand on 18:04 - Mar 10 with 1990 viewsHARRY10

There is nothing new here. People have been doing it for millennia.

Men dressed up in womens clothes telling folk there is an invisible man living among the clouds, or actually everywhere. Usually resembling the people he is supposed to be in charge of. Man made god in his own image, it would seem

This god thing knows everything. Even what you will do tomorrow, which fcks free will guff. But the contradiction is always a big part of this stuff. Thou shalt not kill, unless you want to smite the odd city or two, killing every living creature it would seem.

That similar shysters have emerged should not come as a surprise. The question is how long it takes before they are found out.

Farage not many years, as he made the mistake of peddling stuff that would be verified eventually. David Icke earned a fair bit, before folk became bored with 7 foot izards and other weirdy stuff. Some indian fellow, the bagwash madras rani or something conned quite a few way back

Whereas those who claim they can speak to the dead, thrive(something some might suggest was what Farage did, given the age of brexiters). Ever willing to tell you that Uncle Percy is OK, keep watering his germaniums and he has to go now. Keep the phone bill down I suppose.

The real question is, do they believe in what are obvious lies, or are they just in it for the lucre ?

I suspect most already know the answer to that.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:24]
Monbiot laying into Brand on 20:49 - Mar 10 with 1921 viewsEdwardStone

Monbiot laying into Brand on 18:04 - Mar 10 by HARRY10

There is nothing new here. People have been doing it for millennia.

Men dressed up in womens clothes telling folk there is an invisible man living among the clouds, or actually everywhere. Usually resembling the people he is supposed to be in charge of. Man made god in his own image, it would seem

This god thing knows everything. Even what you will do tomorrow, which fcks free will guff. But the contradiction is always a big part of this stuff. Thou shalt not kill, unless you want to smite the odd city or two, killing every living creature it would seem.

That similar shysters have emerged should not come as a surprise. The question is how long it takes before they are found out.

Farage not many years, as he made the mistake of peddling stuff that would be verified eventually. David Icke earned a fair bit, before folk became bored with 7 foot izards and other weirdy stuff. Some indian fellow, the bagwash madras rani or something conned quite a few way back

Whereas those who claim they can speak to the dead, thrive(something some might suggest was what Farage did, given the age of brexiters). Ever willing to tell you that Uncle Percy is OK, keep watering his germaniums and he has to go now. Keep the phone bill down I suppose.

The real question is, do they believe in what are obvious lies, or are they just in it for the lucre ?

I suspect most already know the answer to that.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 18:24]

Rajneesh Bhagwan was indeed the most dreadful old fraud

But on the plus side, I spent some years amongst his devotees... all of whom were delightful

I had my own personal Summer of Love in the ' Dam in 1986 amongst the Orange people

I remember those days with such fondness
Login to get fewer ads

Monbiot laying into Brand on 20:58 - Mar 10 with 1895 viewsHARRY10

Monbiot laying into Brand on 20:49 - Mar 10 by EdwardStone

Rajneesh Bhagwan was indeed the most dreadful old fraud

But on the plus side, I spent some years amongst his devotees... all of whom were delightful

I had my own personal Summer of Love in the ' Dam in 1986 amongst the Orange people

I remember those days with such fondness

I thought the whole point of those days was that you didn't remember - if you can remember the 60's etc
Monbiot laying into Brand on 21:01 - Mar 10 with 1905 viewsMullet

Brand is and always has been a pseud and a gobsh1te, adored by stupid people who don't know it.

I'm baffled he was ever remotely popular, let alone still relevant.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Monbiot laying into Brand on 23:06 - Mar 10 with 1831 viewsEireannach_gorm

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:30 - Mar 10 by Buhrer

I hesitate to mutter it amongst the boards intellectual giants but I quite enjoy Erichs interpretation of Ezekials wheel tbh, reading the bible text.... it could have been the experience of a human seeing some form of exploratory drone. A distracting reverie, not conspiracy.

Think there might be a bit of 'lion fat' involved here.

THE OPIUM POPPY IN CUNEIFORM SOURCES

If one depends exclusively on early authorities such as Haupt and
R. Campbell Thompson, one gets the impression that there are some
interesting linguistic relationships in some of the early cuneiform
records relating to botanical drugs. In Assyrian, for instance, sam irru and sam araru have been said to refer to opium and poppy, respectively.
Supposedly the root for these words is ardru, "to curse." Apparently there were thought to be a number of synonyms and by-names for
poppy and opium as well -for example: samS amu DIR (simu) "the
red plant" was thought to have referred to the reddish brown collected
opium; "lion fat" or fat of samUKU?-RIM supposedly referred to the
still milky latex; lamPA-PA-PA, sam arat araru, "the tops of the
poppy" [capsules? J; sama-a-ba SA "the enemy of muscles"; sam
Bulalu "the drug which confuses"; sam NAM-TIL-LA "plant of life";
sam A?-DUG-GA, ?ammi arrati tamrn "drug for laying a curse", and so
on. Thompson made implications that are tantalizing to anyone in-
terested in ethnopharmacology and further stated "for the origin of a
narcotic or poison connected with aranr, we must seek a vey primitive
meaning of the word to curse." Thompson also thought sam kanagf
"Red Drug" in the bitter period was a loan word from the Sumerian
GAN-ZI-9AR meaning "plant which steals the soul."

Were the Opium Poppy and Opium Knownin the Ancient Near East?
ABRAHAM D. KRIKORIAN
Division of Biological Sciences
State University of New York at Stony B
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 23:18]
Monbiot laying into Brand on 14:00 - May 1 with 1548 viewsBuhrer

Catch up Stokie says humanity.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:41 - May 2 with 1393 viewsibbleobble

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:24 - Mar 10 by clive_baker

The signs were there. Even on his somewhat chaotic Newsnight interview with Evan Davis 10 years ago (the very same year Monibot nominated Brand as his 'hero of the year') he was alluding to the Twin Towers terrorist attack being an inside job.

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:40 - May 2 with 1338 viewsDJR

Monbiot laying into Brand on 21:01 - Mar 10 by Mullet

Brand is and always has been a pseud and a gobsh1te, adored by stupid people who don't know it.

I'm baffled he was ever remotely popular, let alone still relevant.

I've come to this thread late, but this is bang on.
Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:17 - May 2 with 1253 viewsibbleobble

I’ve only had time to watch this one video but I don’t see where the conjecture is with this. If our private medical data is centralised and is turned over to for profit companies, of course it’ll be used to sell, exclude or marginalise if an economically viable opportunity presents itself.

https://rumble.com/v2anhje-its-coming-true.html

We’re working on a piece of primary research at the moment to determine what health inclusivity means. However, that work is sponsored by a company who’s primary goal is to sell product. If they had access to a central repository of healthcare data, would shareholders ignore it when they could capitalise on it? No they wouldn’t.

Like or dislike Brand. It’s worth him making the public aware of the dangers of giving up personal data - not that he provides a good alternative argument for how regulation should and could maintain personal liberties and freedoms.
Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:31 - May 2 with 1221 viewsDJR

Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:17 - May 2 by ibbleobble

I’ve only had time to watch this one video but I don’t see where the conjecture is with this. If our private medical data is centralised and is turned over to for profit companies, of course it’ll be used to sell, exclude or marginalise if an economically viable opportunity presents itself.

https://rumble.com/v2anhje-its-coming-true.html

We’re working on a piece of primary research at the moment to determine what health inclusivity means. However, that work is sponsored by a company who’s primary goal is to sell product. If they had access to a central repository of healthcare data, would shareholders ignore it when they could capitalise on it? No they wouldn’t.

Like or dislike Brand. It’s worth him making the public aware of the dangers of giving up personal data - not that he provides a good alternative argument for how regulation should and could maintain personal liberties and freedoms.

I have no problem giving up my anonymised health data for research etc, and didn't object to the NHS exercise a couple of years ago or so.

I know Big Pharma comes in for a bit of stick but without it, we wouldn't have had the Covid vaccine.

I only watched the opening section but it all seems a bit paranoid, and it is perhaps ironic for someone like Brand to be complaining about companies getting data when he uses social media to the extent that he does, given all the personal data social media companies harvest, and the impact, say, that Facebook-harvested data had in ensuring Trump's victory in 2016..
[Post edited 2 May 2023 16:46]
Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:34 - May 2 with 1208 viewsvilanovablue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 09:31 - Mar 10 by Keno

Where's Leitrim when you need him!!!

Hancock got shredded in a Horizon doc in the 90s and then gets a Netflix doc...
Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:40 - May 2 with 1183 viewsLord_Lucan

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:05 - Mar 10 by leitrimblue

Busy researching my new book about how a highly advanced ice age people were wiped out in some kinda disaster. But luckily they and some equally advanced aliens passed on this advanced knowledge to ancient cultures around the world enabling them to build pyramids etc. Gonna make me rich I tell yer

I don't know the back story on this so not sure if you are on a wind up or not - but I have often seriously wondered about alien involvement with things like the pyramids - and even Stonehenge.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:34 - May 2 with 1136 viewsleitrimblue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:40 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

I don't know the back story on this so not sure if you are on a wind up or not - but I have often seriously wondered about alien involvement with things like the pyramids - and even Stonehenge.

Sorry Lucan,was just taking the p1ss. Unfortunately there is zero alien involvement in the pyramids or stonehenge
Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:43 - May 2 with 1131 viewsgiant_stow

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:34 - May 2 by leitrimblue

Sorry Lucan,was just taking the p1ss. Unfortunately there is zero alien involvement in the pyramids or stonehenge

I know you're a pro and everything, but are you sure about that? Its just that I finished off Battlestar Gallatica the other day and they reckon all humans come from a human / Cylon mixed race girl.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:46 - May 2 with 1117 viewsLord_Lucan

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:43 - May 2 by giant_stow

I know you're a pro and everything, but are you sure about that? Its just that I finished off Battlestar Gallatica the other day and they reckon all humans come from a human / Cylon mixed race girl.

I have also wondered if we are some kind of hybrid.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:56 - May 2 with 1114 viewsWeWereZombies

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:46 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

Some of us are:

https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/understanding/dtcgenetictesting/neanderthaldna/

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:56 - May 2 with 1113 viewsibbleobble

Monbiot laying into Brand on 16:31 - May 2 by DJR

I have no problem giving up my anonymised health data for research etc, and didn't object to the NHS exercise a couple of years ago or so.

I know Big Pharma comes in for a bit of stick but without it, we wouldn't have had the Covid vaccine.

I only watched the opening section but it all seems a bit paranoid, and it is perhaps ironic for someone like Brand to be complaining about companies getting data when he uses social media to the extent that he does, given all the personal data social media companies harvest, and the impact, say, that Facebook-harvested data had in ensuring Trump's victory in 2016..
[Post edited 2 May 2023 16:46]

I think this is it and the reason Monbiot distances himself. The format is akin to many conspiracy theory predecessors. Brand actually says very little in this piece alone. Unelected global entities determine objectives for government to adopt who may or may not be lobbied by special interest groups who may or may not use (in this instance) data for nefarious reasons. That’s pretty much the sum of it.

If all other clips are that light on substance and over reliant on drama, I can understand the disdain but in terms of the dots he’s drawing, he’s not incorrect.
Monbiot laying into Brand on 18:16 - May 2 with 1077 viewsgiant_stow

Monbiot laying into Brand on 17:46 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

Looks like your suspicions were were correct.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Monbiot laying into Brand on 18:26 - May 2 with 1063 viewsEireannach_gorm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024