Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monbiot laying into Brand 08:58 - Mar 10 with 9154 viewsStokieBlue

I didn't realise what Brand was pushing on his channels over the last few years:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/10/russell-brand-politics-pub

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:25 - Mar 10 with 1583 viewsStokieBlue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:23 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

Morning Stokie

Seeing as I am snow bound today (proper coming down here) would you be so good as to remind me of the flat earther doc? youtube? thing that you mentioned before.

Cheers

Behind the Curve:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81015076

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 1558 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Monbiot laying into Brand on 09:20 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

Poor Dolly will be upset.

You seem to have a problem with me these days. Having a pop at me here (when in reality I've not watched a Brand video in years) and yet in the 'Pedestrian killing the cyclist' thread I've made some good points to your bizarre assertions which you've utterly swerved.

I used to think you were a decent poster, apart from the obvious of course. Now you seem to have gone down the hole of certain other posters - have a dig when it suits, avoid/ignore when the points are too difficult/you have no answer. A shame.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 1560 viewsleitrimblue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:18 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

It's essentially the same methodology as Erich von Däniken.

Come up with something that sounds plausible for people who don't want to think too much or look into the actual evidence and then monetise it as much as possible.

SB

Exactly, he's just rehashing Chariots of the Gods over and over again and making a fortune out of it. A lot of archaeologists joke about writing one of these kinda books once they retire as it's so easy. It's quite sad that you would make way more money out of this then from writing a archaeological book with any academic merit
Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:29 - Mar 10 with 1560 viewsDanTheMan

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:23 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

Morning Stokie

Seeing as I am snow bound today (proper coming down here) would you be so good as to remind me of the flat earther doc? youtube? thing that you mentioned before.

Cheers

Might not be the one he was talking about, but here's an excellent one

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:30 - Mar 10 with 1541 viewsBuhrer

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:22 - Mar 10 by DanTheMan

Erich von Däniken came up in one of the videos the guy above did about the Dendera light, a really cool looking motif he thought was a bloody lightbulb.

I hesitate to mutter it amongst the boards intellectual giants but I quite enjoy Erichs interpretation of Ezekials wheel tbh, reading the bible text.... it could have been the experience of a human seeing some form of exploratory drone. A distracting reverie, not conspiracy.
Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:40 - Mar 10 with 1500 viewsGuthrum

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:05 - Mar 10 by leitrimblue

Busy researching my new book about how a highly advanced ice age people were wiped out in some kinda disaster. But luckily they and some equally advanced aliens passed on this advanced knowledge to ancient cultures around the world enabling them to build pyramids etc. Gonna make me rich I tell yer

And because the [insert small and obscure ancient Middle Eastern cultural grouping] has been completely forgotten (except on Wikipedia and other places), that proves your antedeluvian global industrialised civilisation could have vanished without trace in the archaeological record. Some bloke on a YouTube video said it, so must be true.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

[Redacted] on 10:45 - Mar 10 with 1480 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:24 - Mar 10 with 1401 viewsleitrimblue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:40 - Mar 10 by Guthrum

And because the [insert small and obscure ancient Middle Eastern cultural grouping] has been completely forgotten (except on Wikipedia and other places), that proves your antedeluvian global industrialised civilisation could have vanished without trace in the archaeological record. Some bloke on a YouTube video said it, so must be true.

Every 2-3 years I get contacted by individuals who have often previously made 'archaeological'YouTube videos, usually about the possibility of excavating the site they are currently interested in.

Last year I was contacted by someone who I won't name but seemed quite big on YouTube. He had clearly spent a lot of money and time on these videos. ( the voice over sounded like the Discovery Channel) His current big topic was that he had identified from aerial photographs a 100s of meters long 'ancient fish' carved out of the Irish countryside ' by people clearly capable of flight'.

He wanted to pay me (in Bitcoin) to excavate the 'eye' of the fish. Then suddenly overnight all his videos were removed from YouTube and he stopped corresponding for a while.

He eventually got back in contact to explain he had removed the videos due to the constant p1ss taking he was recieving....
Login to get fewer ads

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:24 - Mar 10 with 1401 viewsIllinoisblue

Brand has always been a raging prick. Now even more so.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:28 - Mar 10 with 1373 viewsBuhrer

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:24 - Mar 10 by Illinoisblue

Brand has always been a raging prick. Now even more so.

That comment seems a bit hard-on his sex addiction.
Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 1361 viewsWeWereZombies

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:28 - Mar 10 by Buhrer

That comment seems a bit hard-on his sex addiction.

Might be spot on if it refers to an STD...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 1361 viewsJ2BLUE

Monbiot laying into Brand on 09:33 - Mar 10 by DanTheMan

"This is the grift now"

Basically what it is, boils down to money. There's plenty of money to be made in this area, seems to be predominantly on the right for whatever reason.

People like Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Candace Owens, Matt Walsh, Steven Crowder, Ben Shapiro. They all know what they are doing and play up to an audience because it ultimately makes them a lot of money.

The messages that came out of the Fox News lawsuit pretty much confirm they don't believe what they are saying. They are just saying it because if they don't go full conspiracy mode, those people will find it elsewhere.

A truly horrible state of affairs where the only voice people want to listen to are the most extreme.

It has always fascinated me that newer voices are hailed as heroes to the movement and their stock goes up and up and up until they become too big. Then one of the other nut jobs will make their move and claim they are a ‘disinformation agent’. Quite funny to watch.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:35 - Mar 10 with 1347 viewsGuthrum

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:24 - Mar 10 by leitrimblue

Every 2-3 years I get contacted by individuals who have often previously made 'archaeological'YouTube videos, usually about the possibility of excavating the site they are currently interested in.

Last year I was contacted by someone who I won't name but seemed quite big on YouTube. He had clearly spent a lot of money and time on these videos. ( the voice over sounded like the Discovery Channel) His current big topic was that he had identified from aerial photographs a 100s of meters long 'ancient fish' carved out of the Irish countryside ' by people clearly capable of flight'.

He wanted to pay me (in Bitcoin) to excavate the 'eye' of the fish. Then suddenly overnight all his videos were removed from YouTube and he stopped corresponding for a while.

He eventually got back in contact to explain he had removed the videos due to the constant p1ss taking he was recieving....

I was reading something a few years back in which an interesting and plausible historical theory was undermined by the final chapter which depended upon alignments over many miles drawn on a map. Maps, being a projection of a curved surface on a flat piece of paper, mean a straight line can be curved if transposed from one to the other (c.f. the Great Circle air route to America). The author in that case wasn't even positing unrecorded early flight to get around the line-of-sight problem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:37 - Mar 10 with 1335 viewsWeWereZombies

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:32 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

It has always fascinated me that newer voices are hailed as heroes to the movement and their stock goes up and up and up until they become too big. Then one of the other nut jobs will make their move and claim they are a ‘disinformation agent’. Quite funny to watch.

I don't find Monbiot that personable or a particularly measured communicator but I wouldn't describe him as a nutjob.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:08 - Mar 10 with 1256 viewsgiant_stow

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:28 - Mar 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

You seem to have a problem with me these days. Having a pop at me here (when in reality I've not watched a Brand video in years) and yet in the 'Pedestrian killing the cyclist' thread I've made some good points to your bizarre assertions which you've utterly swerved.

I used to think you were a decent poster, apart from the obvious of course. Now you seem to have gone down the hole of certain other posters - have a dig when it suits, avoid/ignore when the points are too difficult/you have no answer. A shame.

I'm very sorry to have annoyed you Dolly. To explain myself, I always associate you with Brand, cos of those debates ages back - something I'm not proud to admit (stranger in my head and all that!).

If there's something you felt I left unanswered on that other thread, let me know and I'll have a crack.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:12 - Mar 10 with 1239 viewsCoastalblue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:35 - Mar 10 by Guthrum

I was reading something a few years back in which an interesting and plausible historical theory was undermined by the final chapter which depended upon alignments over many miles drawn on a map. Maps, being a projection of a curved surface on a flat piece of paper, mean a straight line can be curved if transposed from one to the other (c.f. the Great Circle air route to America). The author in that case wasn't even positing unrecorded early flight to get around the line-of-sight problem.

I can recall doing a bit of research a few years ago into the Hawksmoor churches in London, I thought I could make a bit of fun content out of the 'Devil's architect' with enough to keep people questioning for a time.

Truth was, no matter how I might try and frame things for my own benefit everything fell apart at the first serious question, despite this being quite a well known conspiracy with people who believe and push it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:13 - Mar 10 with 1221 viewsJ2BLUE

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:37 - Mar 10 by WeWereZombies

I don't find Monbiot that personable or a particularly measured communicator but I wouldn't describe him as a nutjob.

I didn’t suggest he is
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 12:14]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:14 - Mar 10 with 1217 viewsKeno

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:05 - Mar 10 by leitrimblue

Busy researching my new book about how a highly advanced ice age people were wiped out in some kinda disaster. But luckily they and some equally advanced aliens passed on this advanced knowledge to ancient cultures around the world enabling them to build pyramids etc. Gonna make me rich I tell yer

sounds good to me!!

Will it cover the facts of how dino's were really dragons, whales are aliens who communicate with their home world by making whistling sounds and that God is a Town fan from a village near Bury

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:14 - Mar 10 with 1210 viewsGlasgowBlue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 10:28 - Mar 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's pulling your leg mate. Ullaa is one of the good guys, even if he is an inbred six fingered sister botherer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:16 - Mar 10 with 1207 viewsIllinoisblue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 11:32 - Mar 10 by WeWereZombies

Might be spot on if it refers to an STD...

He was recently with Trump Jr, so it’s more than likely he has a disease if he didn’t already

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:20 - Mar 10 with 1178 viewsgiant_stow

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:14 - Mar 10 by GlasgowBlue

He's pulling your leg mate. Ullaa is one of the good guys, even if he is an inbred six fingered sister botherer.

I thought it was gentle enough to be inoffensive, but obviously not and for that, I really am sorry.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:34 - Mar 10 with 1112 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:08 - Mar 10 by giant_stow

I'm very sorry to have annoyed you Dolly. To explain myself, I always associate you with Brand, cos of those debates ages back - something I'm not proud to admit (stranger in my head and all that!).

If there's something you felt I left unanswered on that other thread, let me know and I'll have a crack.

Well there's about 3 responses to you left unanswered, maybe have a crack at one of them?!

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:36 - Mar 10 with 1106 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:14 - Mar 10 by GlasgowBlue

It wasn't just about what he posted here. It was that he posted it while avoiding me in another thread.

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:45 - Mar 10 with 1066 viewsgiant_stow

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:36 - Mar 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

It wasn't just about what he posted here. It was that he posted it while avoiding me in another thread.

If I leave something unanswered, it's usually cos its already been covered elsewhere already and no one wins from repetition. But out of respect, flag the post you want and answer to (i can;t read minds) and I'll have a crack - anything about from the Erieblue one which went right over my head!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 12:45]

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:53 - Mar 10 with 1042 viewsleitrimblue

Monbiot laying into Brand on 12:14 - Mar 10 by Keno

sounds good to me!!

Will it cover the facts of how dino's were really dragons, whales are aliens who communicate with their home world by making whistling sounds and that God is a Town fan from a village near Bury

That's all in the 2nd book. Though thought it was common knowledge that God is a town fan from Haverhill?

Few years back me and a friend where actually working on the idea of writing a kids book of this style titled The Archaeological Evidence for Giants, Witches and Pixies.

The idea was to highlight how easy it is to make Archaeological evidence fit the narrative you want to tell (all smaller then usual artifacts, small arrowheads for example were evidence for Pixies, oversized artifacts were clear evidence for Giants etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024