Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story 16:07 - Mar 3 with 2294 viewsgtsb1966

as superbly told by Mark Crossley. Made me laugh and I can actually visualise Cloughie saying it too.
Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 2103 viewsChurchman

That was dead funny. Brian Clough was an absolute one off. And what a great manager.
Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 18:26 - Mar 3 with 2067 viewsmidastouch

This is a very good read:
PROVIDED YOU DON’T KISS ME: 20 Years with Brian Clough
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Provided-You-Dont-Kiss-Me/dp/0007247117/

‘One day you’ll write a book about this club. Or, more to the point, about me. So you may as well know what I’m thinking and save it up for later when it won’t do any harm to anyone.’

Brian Clough’s twenty years as Nottingham Forest manager were an unpredictable mixture of success, failure, fall-outs and alcoholism. Duncan Hamilton, initiated as a young journalist into the Brian Clough empire, was there to see it all. In this strikingly intimate biography — William Hill Sports Book of the Year 2007 — Hamilton paints a vivid portrait of one of football’s greatest managers: from Nottingham Forest’s double European Cup triumph to the torturous breakdown of relations at the club and Clough’s descent into alcoholism.

Sad, joyous and personal, Hamilton’s account of life with Brian Clough is a touching tribute to a brilliant man.

-------------
And sharing this YouTube video too:

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 18:30 - Mar 3 with 2046 viewsjontysnut

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 18:26 - Mar 3 by midastouch

This is a very good read:
PROVIDED YOU DON’T KISS ME: 20 Years with Brian Clough
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Provided-You-Dont-Kiss-Me/dp/0007247117/

‘One day you’ll write a book about this club. Or, more to the point, about me. So you may as well know what I’m thinking and save it up for later when it won’t do any harm to anyone.’

Brian Clough’s twenty years as Nottingham Forest manager were an unpredictable mixture of success, failure, fall-outs and alcoholism. Duncan Hamilton, initiated as a young journalist into the Brian Clough empire, was there to see it all. In this strikingly intimate biography — William Hill Sports Book of the Year 2007 — Hamilton paints a vivid portrait of one of football’s greatest managers: from Nottingham Forest’s double European Cup triumph to the torturous breakdown of relations at the club and Clough’s descent into alcoholism.

Sad, joyous and personal, Hamilton’s account of life with Brian Clough is a touching tribute to a brilliant man.

-------------
And sharing this YouTube video too:

If you like Cricket Duncan Hamilton has written some superb books.

My favourite Clough line

" Frank Sinatra. He met me once".
Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 20:00 - Mar 3 with 1909 viewsChrisd

There’s so many great Clough stories, I’ve got a couple, I’ll share one which still raises a smile when I think about it. In my 1st Year as an apprentice at Forest some of us were taken over to Cloughie’s house on a Sunday morning to sweep his long drive because it was covered in leaves. He came out and stood at the top in his novelty apron (bra and knickers image) and invited us in as he had cooked us all egg and bacon sandwiches. We all sat round his kitchen table while he made us a pot of tea, he sat in amongst us all and was chatting away about football and life, but none of us said anything more than ‘please and thank you’ as we were all too scared……we were all kicked out before Sunday lunch was served though!
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 20:15]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 21:23 - Mar 3 with 1767 viewsMelford

The one when he made Mark Crossley play for his son's Sunday league team is a cracker too..

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 21:51 - Mar 3 with 1710 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 21:23 - Mar 3 by Melford

The one when he made Mark Crossley play for his son's Sunday league team is a cracker too..

Brilliant.

The Mrs’ has some family who moved to Nottingham and so for some reason became a bit of a Forest fan as a kid (long grown out of it now). They’ve autographs from all the players back then in the late 80s/early 90s. But anyway, one time they went to watch training. The coaches took the training and Cloughie turned up part way through. All he did was was shout across the pitches ‘Keane, get your f****** hands out of you f****** pockets, you represent us now” (or words to that effect). That was it, he then walked off and disappeared. Not exactly hands on!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 22:04 - Mar 3 with 1680 viewsMelford

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 21:51 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

Brilliant.

The Mrs’ has some family who moved to Nottingham and so for some reason became a bit of a Forest fan as a kid (long grown out of it now). They’ve autographs from all the players back then in the late 80s/early 90s. But anyway, one time they went to watch training. The coaches took the training and Cloughie turned up part way through. All he did was was shout across the pitches ‘Keane, get your f****** hands out of you f****** pockets, you represent us now” (or words to that effect). That was it, he then walked off and disappeared. Not exactly hands on!

Probably the only person who punched Roy Keane in the dressing room.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 08:03 - Mar 4 with 1348 viewsfranz_tyson

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 18:30 - Mar 3 by jontysnut

If you like Cricket Duncan Hamilton has written some superb books.

My favourite Clough line

" Frank Sinatra. He met me once".

Have to say - Dean Saunders tells this story brilliantly.

Just like a comedy sketch.

Who'd want to be Hilly?
Login to get fewer ads

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 09:02 - Mar 4 with 1272 viewsSharkey

A bit slow to get going, but worth the wait for his fantastic Clough impression. (Pity he gives up on his Stuart Pearce impression after the first line or two.)

I wonder if he's ever said 'the' in his life!
Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 09:22 - Mar 4 with 1242 viewsParisBlue

Brian Clough/ Stuart Pearce story on 08:03 - Mar 4 by franz_tyson

Have to say - Dean Saunders tells this story brilliantly.

Just like a comedy sketch.

Who'd want to be Hilly?

Except much of it wasn't true...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/07/brian-clough-dean-saunders-nott

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024