Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old 17:30 - Mar 1 with 2820 viewsbackinbeige

37 in June. Life comes at you fast.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 17:49 - Mar 1 with 2324 viewsitfcjoe

He was the first player to play for Ipswich who was younger than me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 17:55 - Mar 1 with 2304 viewspositivity

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 17:49 - Mar 1 by itfcjoe

i'm struggling to remember the last ipswich player who was older than me...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 17:55 - Mar 1 with 2302 viewsMattinLondon

And now the manager is.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:08 - Mar 1 with 2277 viewsbackinbeige

I'm only a year older than Bowditch - you and I might be the same age - but you don't expect your footballers to be this age. And you certainly don't expect Dean Bowditch to be this age.

Ashley Young is born on the same day and year as me. As long as he's still wheezing along the touchline then I can be a Premier League footballer.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:19 - Mar 1 with 2254 viewsAsa

For some reason, the ages of footballers seems to be a concept completely unattached from reality to me.

I grew up worshipping these Town players whilst I was a kid. Then they were the same age as me and now half the squad are young enough to be my kids. Some of the players parents sit by us and are clearly around my age. The reality is when I was starting High School our manager was starting Primary School.

I seem to associate every other profession - musicians, politician, business people with their age and proximity to mine but for some reason Town players and other footballers never enter my mind in the same way.

I don't know if anyone else does this!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 18:23]
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:20 - Mar 1 with 2245 viewsSteve_M

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 17:55 - Mar 1 by positivity

I have fond memories of Mark Kennedy’s time at Town for that reason, albeit only by six months or so.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:24 - Mar 1 with 2218 viewspositivity

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:20 - Mar 1 by Steve_M

I have fond memories of Mark Kennedy’s time at Town for that reason, albeit only by six months or so.

jonathan douglas was the last player who looked older than me, but his birth certificate says he's not!

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 19:41 - Mar 1 with 2045 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:08 - Mar 1 by backinbeige

I'm only a year older than Bowditch - you and I might be the same age - but you don't expect your footballers to be this age. And you certainly don't expect Dean Bowditch to be this age.

Ashley Young is born on the same day and year as me. As long as he's still wheezing along the touchline then I can be a Premier League footballer.

Make the most of it. Wait until you start watching the grandkids of players you saw playing. D'Margio Wright-Phillips is playing for Stoke this season - only seems 5 minutes since his pest of a grandad was sticking a hatrick past Craig Forrest at FPR.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 21:58 - Mar 1 with 1865 viewsEJP

Just wait until someone who was at school with your daughter, but in the year below, becomes a first team regular…
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 21:59 - Mar 1 with 1854 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 21:58 - Mar 1 by EJP

Just wait until someone who was at school with your daughter, but in the year below, becomes a first team regular…

I wondered where this one was going for a second!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 22:25 - Mar 1 with 1812 viewsmrfixit426

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 21:59 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

I wondered where this one was going for a second!

Last time I saw Jack Lankester outside of PR, he was about 6 yrs old waving his Dad goodbye as I picked him up (Dad) to go and play in a tournament in Lancaster (no pun).

Feels like yesterday. SMH.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 22:56 - Mar 1 with 1743 viewsArchiRob

Bet Keogh looks older than you though
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 22:58 - Mar 1 with 1727 viewstractordownsouth

For me I think it was Tristan Nydam

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 06:45 - Mar 2 with 1594 viewsHipsterectomy

He'll still come good. Just needs a bit more time

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 07:23 - Mar 2 with 1545 viewsPippin1970

Your never too old. I'm 52 I still might make it as a premiership manager. Then when hit 60s become a league chairman. Fantasies can come true.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 07:55 - Mar 2 with 1502 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

And Wayne Rooney is now 57…sorry missed the word ‘looks’
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 09:49 - Mar 2 with 1425 viewsBluefields

He was some player coming through, remember watching him playing for England & Ipswich youth sides and thinking he was going to be a superstar. One game against Arsenal U18's he was unbelievable, I think it was Premier Youth League play off.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 09:52 - Mar 2 with 1420 viewsSamWhiteUK

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 18:19 - Mar 1 by Asa

For some reason, the ages of footballers seems to be a concept completely unattached from reality to me.

I grew up worshipping these Town players whilst I was a kid. Then they were the same age as me and now half the squad are young enough to be my kids. Some of the players parents sit by us and are clearly around my age. The reality is when I was starting High School our manager was starting Primary School.

I seem to associate every other profession - musicians, politician, business people with their age and proximity to mine but for some reason Town players and other footballers never enter my mind in the same way.

I don't know if anyone else does this!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 18:23]

Hell, I'm 28 and I get this feeling. Lee Evans is my age but I always assume he's older. Woolfenden is my brother's age but I just assume he must be older than me, because he's playing professional football. I don't know if it's because I forget how old I am or what, but it throws me off big time. Cam Burgess is another one.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 11:12 - Mar 2 with 1343 viewsPhilTWTD

Fabian is a few days older than me, so I assume it was him in my case.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 11:15 - Mar 2 with 1319 viewshoppy

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 06:45 - Mar 2 by Hipsterectomy

He'll still come good. Just needs a bit more time

Best give him another contract, just in case... and to ward off the Liverpool interest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 11:16 - Mar 2 with 1307 viewsJakeITFC

Looking back, I reckon Wickham would be mine (which is weird as he's three years younger than me).

Tommy Smith was born two days before me and so was close (Rhodes not far off either), then it looks like a big gap of academy products playing as Keane came in and didn't try many, then a load got a go in the 2009/10 season.
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 11:40 - Mar 2 with 1268 viewsRadlett_blue

The answer to that is usually John Wark. Played his last game at Tranmere in 1996, aged 39. Unfortunately, Wark is a couple of months younger than me.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 11:48 - Mar 2 with 1247 viewssolemio

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 11:40 - Mar 2 by Radlett_blue

The answer to that is usually John Wark. Played his last game at Tranmere in 1996, aged 39. Unfortunately, Wark is a couple of months younger than me.

That almost makes me feel less ancient, as he is only 13 years younger than I am!
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 13:06 - Mar 2 with 1127 viewsAsa

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 09:52 - Mar 2 by SamWhiteUK

Hell, I'm 28 and I get this feeling. Lee Evans is my age but I always assume he's older. Woolfenden is my brother's age but I just assume he must be older than me, because he's playing professional football. I don't know if it's because I forget how old I am or what, but it throws me off big time. Cam Burgess is another one.

It's certainly a weird one.

If I had any kind of discussion, meeting or conversation with a Harry Clarke, Luke Woolfenden or Wes Burns in public, at work or in passing, I'd be immediately aware I was their senior by some years but if I had to give a split second reaction to a question about who was older whilst I was with them as a footballer I think my brain would regress to the sort of childlike admiration I had for Dozzell, Kiwomya, Atkinson and Zondervan and I guess I would feel younger than them rather them feeling older that me.

Presumably at some age that stops! Surely I'm not going to be an 80 year old covered by a blanket in the new Mark Ashton Stand thinking that I'm about the same age as our latest youth player to break into the first team.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 13:08]
Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 13:39 - Mar 2 with 1092 viewspositivity

Dean Bowditch is 36 years old on 22:56 - Mar 1 by ArchiRob

Bet Keogh looks older than you though

good point, forgot about keogh, probably our oldest looking player since mogga!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024