Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ndaba 19:37 - Feb 20 with 10375 viewsClutch

Reposting Andrew Tate on Instagram, what a tool.
Ndaba on 07:11 - Feb 22 with 1477 viewsHerbivore

Ndaba on 23:01 - Feb 21 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I dunno what Sam Smith or Cardi B have done.

James Charles has faced a lot of allegations (some of which he has admitted to, lots of it evidenced) of attempted grooming and sexual harassment of underage, heterosexual males.

As you rightly say, Tate is a vile individual who essentially operates a cult/pyramid scheme. It has been a long time since I studied the subject, but I believe Tate must have been a sociology student at some point as he seems to have tapped into some of the things Roger Horrocks talked about in his 1994 work Masculinity in Crisis, even if he has twisted them to suit his goals.

Many jobs traditionally done by boys fresh out of school, often with little to no qualifications, have been taken over by machines. While there is still a gender imbalance in society, even a patriarchal system, working class boys have been neglected for decades. Globalisation has given more opportunities to previously disenfranchised groups, but working class boys have been forgotten and so there is an awful lot of anxiety in a whole generation of young men, quite understandably so.

Enter Tate - a man who presents himself as being from humble beginnings in Luton. Both Tate brothers were clearly hungry for notoriety from a young age, appearing on Big Brother and Shipwrecked respectively. Now, they live lavish lifestyles, boasting about a Bugatti and telling impressionable boys that they too can set themselves free from the matrix, if only they would do exactly as the "Top G" commands. It's Cult 101; prey upon fragile individuals and manipulate their behaviours, make them defend you at every turn, and always, always blame someone else for the leaders' failings.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 23:03]

Tate's appeal is also a rather damning indictment of our culture and the messages we give to young people about what success in life looks like. We've got a whole generation whose biggest aspiration is to be a Love Island contestant.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ndaba on 07:17 - Feb 22 with 1449 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ndaba on 18:29 - Feb 21 by TresBonne

Tell me then, would you rather Sam Smith, Cardi B, James Charles etc be wheeled out etc in front of your children?

Are you suggesting that Sam Smith, because of the way they dress, is a bigger threat to the mindset of teenage boys than Andrew Tate, a self confessed misogynist who is facing charges relating to human trafficking?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 8:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ndaba on 07:31 - Feb 22 with 1432 viewsSwailsey

Ndaba on 07:17 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Are you suggesting that Sam Smith, because of the way they dress, is a bigger threat to the mindset of teenage boys than Andrew Tate, a self confessed misogynist who is facing charges relating to human trafficking?

Thank you. I found that an absurd and troubling comparison.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 7:31]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Ndaba on 07:45 - Feb 22 with 1419 viewsHerbivore

Ndaba on 07:17 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

*they

Ndaba on 08:20 - Feb 22 with 1363 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ndaba on 07:45 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

*they

Thanks for the correction. Edited.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ndaba on 09:17 - Feb 22 with 1291 viewsHerbivore

Ndaba on 08:20 - Feb 22 by GlasgowBlue

Thanks for the correction. Edited.

Very easily done.

Ndaba on 09:29 - Feb 22 with 1239 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Ndaba on 07:11 - Feb 22 by Herbivore

Tate's appeal is also a rather damning indictment of our culture and the messages we give to young people about what success in life looks like. We've got a whole generation whose biggest aspiration is to be a Love Island contestant.

Sadly true & particularly worrying given that four people connected to that programme have ended up taking their own lives. Role models in pretty short supply with only the pursuit of clout seeming to be glorified.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Ndaba on 09:41 - Feb 22 with 1213 viewsgiant_stow

James Charles has faced a lot of allegations (some of which he has admitted to, lots of it evidenced) of attempted grooming and sexual harassment of underage, heterosexual males.

As you rightly say, Tate is a vile individual who essentially operates a cult/pyramid scheme. It has been a long time since I studied the subject, but I believe Tate must have been a sociology student at some point as he seems to have tapped into some of the things Roger Horrocks talked about in his 1994 work Masculinity in Crisis, even if he has twisted them to suit his goals.

Many jobs traditionally done by boys fresh out of school, often with little to no qualifications, have been taken over by machines. While there is still a gender imbalance in society, even a patriarchal system, working class boys have been neglected for decades. Globalisation has given more opportunities to previously disenfranchised groups, but working class boys have been forgotten and so there is an awful lot of anxiety in a whole generation of young men, quite understandably so.

Enter Tate - a man who presents himself as being from humble beginnings in Luton. Both Tate brothers were clearly hungry for notoriety from a young age, appearing on Big Brother and Shipwrecked respectively. Now, they live lavish lifestyles, boasting about a Bugatti and telling impressionable boys that they too can set themselves free from the matrix, if only they would do exactly as the "Top G" commands. It's Cult 101; prey upon fragile individuals and manipulate their behaviours, make them defend you at every turn, and always, always blame someone else for the leaders' failings.

Cardi B does sh1t songs with sexually explicit lyrics, but then so do songs by lots of blokes. Her latest describes her sexual prowess... but then so do loads of songs by blokes.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Ndaba on 10:22 - Feb 22 with 1144 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Ndaba on 09:41 - Feb 22 by giant_stow

Cardi B does sh1t songs with sexually explicit lyrics, but then so do songs by lots of blokes. Her latest describes her sexual prowess... but then so do loads of songs by blokes.

Ahh is that it? Blimey! I remember that Ben Shapiro took issue with her song WAP a few years ago and inadvertently outed himself as never having satisfied his wife. I seem to remember a lot of men having an issue with her because she used to be a stripper, presumably because they don't like it when a woman takes some kind of control over the way in which they are going to be sexualised.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Ndaba on 11:48 - Feb 22 with 1051 viewsleitrimblue

You have to feel for Luton. I have quite a few friends from there and have a lot of time for the place (For Exodus alone). But there can't be many towns in the UK that Tate wouldn't be the biggest prick by miles to ever come outta the place. Luton as him an feckin Tommy boy. Poor feckers
Ndaba on 12:11 - Feb 22 with 998 viewsDarth_Koont

Ndaba on 18:10 - Feb 21 by DanTheMan

It's hard enough to define masculinity.

Even taking a vanilla example like "strong", being strong by itself isn't really good or bad. It's what you do with it that counts.

And usually the further you go the more it turns out that being a good man is just being a good person with being male being little to do with it.

Indeed.

I’ve learnt a lot from bringing up two daughters, now 20 and 17. In fact, seeing the world through their eyes as girls and young women has also meant they’ve brought me up too.

I think you’re spot on that being a good man is about being a good person first and foremost. But I would certainly add that as males we have a responsibility to police and call out these harmful attitudes to protect those who society even in 2023 still undervalues and exposes to unnecessary physical, sexual and mental threats.

So much of the bad things that happen in society are largely not a problem for white, middle-class heterosexual males. But when you look at our politics and society that’s still the default setting it seems for what’s important and whose opinions count most.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ndaba on 15:29 - Feb 22 with 859 viewsJackNorthStand

Ndaba on 12:11 - Feb 22 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

I’ve learnt a lot from bringing up two daughters, now 20 and 17. In fact, seeing the world through their eyes as girls and young women has also meant they’ve brought me up too.

I think you’re spot on that being a good man is about being a good person first and foremost. But I would certainly add that as males we have a responsibility to police and call out these harmful attitudes to protect those who society even in 2023 still undervalues and exposes to unnecessary physical, sexual and mental threats.

So much of the bad things that happen in society are largely not a problem for white, middle-class heterosexual males. But when you look at our politics and society that’s still the default setting it seems for what’s important and whose opinions count most.

Basically just be a decent person don't be a kn0b.

Absolutely no need for all these made up labels such as " toxic masculinity" spouted on a forum by people who spend too much time reading nonsense on the internet.

Just be a decent person whether you're male or female
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 15:30]
Ndaba on 15:38 - Feb 22 with 827 viewsMullet

Ndaba on 15:29 - Feb 22 by JackNorthStand

Absolutely no need for all these made up labels such as " toxic masculinity" spouted on a forum by people who spend too much time reading nonsense on the internet.

That's a bizarre take as "a decent person" is just a made up label though and you've spouted it on the internet.

Being reductive in the face of lots of views and ideas doesn't somehow neatly tie everything together with simplification of Jesus' teachings, which is one of the oldest in civilisation etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ndaba on 15:42 - Feb 22 with 807 viewseireblue

Ahhh, but how do you identify someone being as a being a kn0b, if someone is spreading and propagating kn0bbishness from an established kn0b, is that also an act indicative of a propensity to become knobish.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Ndaba on 15:43 - Feb 22 with 800 viewsJackNorthStand

Ndaba on 15:38 - Feb 22 by Mullet

That's a bizarre take as "a decent person" is just a made up label though and you've spouted it on the internet.

Being reductive in the face of lots of views and ideas doesn't somehow neatly tie everything together with simplification of Jesus' teachings, which is one of the oldest in civilisation etc.

Toxic masculinity isn't real.
Ndaba on 15:47 - Feb 22 with 750 viewsMullet

Ndaba on 15:43 - Feb 22 by JackNorthStand

Have you not met other people, been out in public, watched any sort of media or studied any sort of history?

You might not think it's important, but that's totally different. Just saying it's not real because it clearly makes you uncomfortable is so weak Andrew Tate would record a rant about you if he wasn't in a Romanian jail for being a nuclear level wrong'un.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ndaba on 15:53 - Feb 22 with 720 viewsDanTheMan

Ndaba on 15:43 - Feb 22 by JackNorthStand

It's one of those words that gets people into arguments because neither side can agree on what it means.

In my mind, an example of toxic masculinity would be mocking men who show their emotions because it's not "manly". Basically trying to enforce that if you are a man you have to act a certain way otherwise you're doing something wrong.

Now that doesn't mean that being stoic is in of itself something bad, if you are just a person who is like that, that's also fine. It's mocking that is the problem.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

[Redacted] on 16:11 - Feb 22 with 640 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Ndaba on 16:32 - Feb 22 with 556 viewsJ2BLUE

[Redacted] on 16:11 - Feb 22 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

You're not coming across too well here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

[Redacted] on 17:02 - Feb 22 with 476 viewsvictorywilhappen

Ndaba on 16:32 - Feb 22 by J2BLUE

You're not coming across too well here.

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024