Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here 08:23 - Feb 13 with 2419 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Apologies if so. 1.50 on the below video. A couple of things. Firstly, he’s got to score that volley, I don’t think I realised how good that chance was at the time. Secondly, how on earth has he peeled off so easily and then not closed down on the second chance. I watched him the whole way and we just completely lost him.

He’s very effective Aden Flint, not particularly easy on the eye. But very good at this level.

[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 8:26]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:30 - Feb 13 with 2351 viewsdavblue

If i recall Burgess completely lost him it was right in line with me in the north stand.

If we continue with 3 at the back we could do with a player of that ilk, big and strong, Head it kick it type in the centre of defence and 2 ball players by the side of him.

Smith bullied Wolfenden in that 1st half and Burgess slows our play down with the ball horrendously.
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:36 - Feb 13 with 2312 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:30 - Feb 13 by davblue

If i recall Burgess completely lost him it was right in line with me in the north stand.

If we continue with 3 at the back we could do with a player of that ilk, big and strong, Head it kick it type in the centre of defence and 2 ball players by the side of him.

Smith bullied Wolfenden in that 1st half and Burgess slows our play down with the ball horrendously.

Yep, you would hope Burgess could be that guy, but not for me. He's ok defending long balls up from the goalkeeper which he headers back the other way, but dont find him particularly good at defending set pieces.

Also, given how many we score, you would think he would have had scored a few

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:37 - Feb 13 with 2296 viewsbelgablue

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:30 - Feb 13 by davblue

I think Burgess is supposed to be that player but he just isn't - was out performing how he was last season before his injury but hasn't been the same since imo.

Sometimes we could really do with a thug / proper bloke at the back. A Matt Elliot type loan would have been ideal for the run in.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:41 - Feb 13 with 2270 viewsITFC_Forever

His best days are long gone.

Him, Iorfa and Famewo looked very shaky in the second half.... If that's going to be Weds' centre-backs for the rest of the season, there's hope yet.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:45 - Feb 13 with 2252 viewshomer_123

I will say that, in the second half, Woolfy sorted it out and was a lot better.

Torrid first half though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 09:00 - Feb 13 with 2188 viewsitfc48

It was in front of me. Flint peeled off and then Wednesday performed a very effective block meaning Burgess couldn't get back towards him. He'd have still won the header but Burgess would have at least pressured him.
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 09:14 - Feb 13 with 2065 viewsSimonds92

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:41 - Feb 13 by ITFC_Forever

Him, Iorfa and Famewo looked very shaky in the second half.... If that's going to be Weds' centre-backs for the rest of the season, there's hope yet.

Disagree with Famewo, when they were on the ropes 2nd half he was the only one standing up to the challenge. Intervened at crucial times and Burns and Jackson didn't get much out of him considering his full back disappeared. Never seen him play before that i can remember but he was impressive on Saturday imo.
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 09:54 - Feb 13 with 1900 viewsGarv

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:36 - Feb 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yep, you would hope Burgess could be that guy, but not for me. He's ok defending long balls up from the goalkeeper which he headers back the other way, but dont find him particularly good at defending set pieces.

Also, given how many we score, you would think he would have had scored a few

Burgess getting the nod ahead of Edmundson almost instantly shows we're ready to be put under pressure. It's a bit like bringing Keogh on in stoppage time when defending a lead.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 11:05 - Feb 13 with 1728 viewspointofblue

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:45 - Feb 13 by homer_123

I will say that, in the second half, Woolfy sorted it out and was a lot better.

Torrid first half though.

Woolfenden sorted it out because McKenna sorted out the defensive structure in the second half. In the first half our centre backs were exposed time and again because they had no support, particularly Woolfenden on the right side.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 11:16 - Feb 13 with 1697 viewsArnieM

He’s a big , strong lump of a league one defender. Just the sort we need in our team!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 11:29 - Feb 13 with 1637 viewsJedmac

He started out in non league,I saw him play for alfreton town in an fa cup tie against bury town fifteen years ago.
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 11:30 - Feb 13 with 1624 viewshalifaxowl

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 08:41 - Feb 13 by ITFC_Forever

So shaky it took a worldie free kick and and deflection to score against us

2 games in the last 2 weeks against our nearest rivals and we haven’t conceded a goal from open play. In fact we haven’t conceded since Boxing Day in the league

This is a interesting fact especially we’ve 2 centre half’s injured for the season and also a 3rd one out at the moment

Wednesday’s issue will be size of the squad. We literally at the bare bones in defence. We had academy lads on the bench on Saturday. We were missing 7 first teamers on Saturday, 3 of them are out for the season
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 12:53 - Feb 13 with 1474 viewslongtimefan

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 09:00 - Feb 13 by itfc48

It was in front of me. Flint peeled off and then Wednesday performed a very effective block meaning Burgess couldn't get back towards him. He'd have still won the header but Burgess would have at least pressured him.

Pretty much echos my comments from another thread...
Twice flint has been unmarked at far post by FrimleyBlue 11 Feb 2023 16:42
It's not like his to small to see.

Come on town. Nothing silly.

"If it was the free kick I’m thinking about it was obvious it was going his direction. He had a huddled chat with Banan before it was taken which we apparently missed, as absolutely no one picked him up before the kick was taken, and he was able to wander round to the back post unmarked. Mind you the ref missed the blatant holding by another Wed player that prevented a Town player trying to cut out the ball."
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 12:54]
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 13:00 - Feb 13 with 1431 viewsericclacton

Burgess plays as though he's in a plaster cast.

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 15:20 - Feb 13 with 1211 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 11:30 - Feb 13 by halifaxowl

2 games in the last 2 weeks against our nearest rivals and we haven’t conceded a goal from open play. In fact we haven’t conceded since Boxing Day in the league

This is a interesting fact especially we’ve 2 centre half’s injured for the season and also a 3rd one out at the moment

Wednesday’s issue will be size of the squad. We literally at the bare bones in defence. We had academy lads on the bench on Saturday. We were missing 7 first teamers on Saturday, 3 of them are out for the season

Here's hoping that you really miss the guy who is due a suspension for thumping Burns with your small squad and you continue to give away a good number of corners, free kicks and penalties each match then. I am happy for you to never concede in the league again all season as long as you concede 3 or 4 from set plays each match.

That said, I do like Darren Moore and would happily see him do well with Wednesday. I do hope you go up but not at our expense.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 15:26 - Feb 13 with 1180 viewsVaughan8

is it because we are playing "zonal" marking and hes gone out the zone? God knows. I'm making excuses up now haha

As you say should have scored the rebound (or at least on target).

Hes a player you'd like on your team but against you hes just a brute!
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 15:52 - Feb 13 with 1113 viewsmonty_radio

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 11:30 - Feb 13 by halifaxowl

Except that the free kicks were a direct result of chopping down attackers before they could actually threaten your box. Effective, but not necessarily a cause for praise.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 16:24 - Feb 13 with 971 viewsjaykay

where we failed is we didn't throw objects onto the pitch and put the fear of god into the lino

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 941 viewsSarge

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 15:20 - Feb 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Here's hoping that you really miss the guy who is due a suspension for thumping Burns with your small squad and you continue to give away a good number of corners, free kicks and penalties each match then. I am happy for you to never concede in the league again all season as long as you concede 3 or 4 from set plays each match.

That said, I do like Darren Moore and would happily see him do well with Wednesday. I do hope you go up but not at our expense.

We’d probably be better off if Marvin Johnson stays in their starting lineup, absolute car crash footballer.
Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 16:30 - Feb 13 with 927 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 16:29 - Feb 13 by Sarge

We’d probably be better off if Marvin Johnson stays in their starting lineup, absolute car crash footballer.

I guess that depends on who the scraping the barrel youth team footballer who replaces him is. Let's hope they are far worse.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Has that Aden Flint chance been spoken about on here on 16:34 - Feb 13 with 894 viewsDJR

Fair play to your team. Having seen you on Saturday, I have no doubt you will go up as Champions. And in Barry Bannan you have a fantastic player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024