Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalty miss dictated the result? 20:51 - Feb 11 with 675 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I appreciate I'm almost certainly talking rubbish but ..

Chappers misses from 12 yards and from then on in a crazy 15 minute or so spell it was like the team lost all belief (as well as discipline - I'm still a bit angry about hw we concede that first goal).

Superb FK from Broadhead and we're back in it at HT. Second half we bossed and perhaps unlucky not to score a third.

So, Chappers (or Hirst - he is the "number 9" after all) scores the penalty and we go on to win? Don't know but the miss did seem to change the game.

Oh and by the way, we were as ponderous with the ball in the first half as we were lively with it in the second (so perhaps we just need 90 minutes of that second half each game).

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Penalty miss dictated the result? on 21:45 - Feb 11 with 574 viewspointofblue

We’ve taken the lead so often and not got a result I wouldn’t have been confident even if Chaplin had scored the penalty.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Penalty miss dictated the result? on 21:47 - Feb 11 with 558 viewsSwansea_Blue

Possibly. A possible failure of the ref to issue a ref card may have had a bigger impact, but we’ll never know. If he gives a foul and a yellow there it has to be a red. Or have the rules changed again?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Penalty miss dictated the result? on 21:57 - Feb 11 with 511 viewsRobTheMonk

From Chappers missed penalty up until Broadhead scored we were atrocious. Looked completely rattled.

Second half I can only assume they got a rocket at half time because it was much, much better.

The more I see of games, the more I understand why we signed Camara. We need a leggy midfielder to burst through. Shame he’s injured.

There’s a slight worry that it’s another big game that we’ve not won. We’re pretty much guaranteed playoffs now which is progress on last season, but we have to get more street-smart in games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024