Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Least fave Town 11s 14:41 - Jan 27 with 3714 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Imagine there could be a wide range of choices for this, after the thread earlier in the week fitting fave players inrk the current formation I thought I'd do a least favourite 11. Who would everyone else have (any formation as I haven't stuck to the current formation)

Marshall (obvs)

O'Dea Santos Diallo Harding

Douglas Harewood
Bennetts Gwion Edwards

Best Lisbie

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Least fave Town 11s on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 2863 viewsShineyblueknives

Mark fish has to appear for the 1st half

Poll: How many of the remaining games do you think town can win

Least fave Town 11s on 15:40 - Jan 27 with 2849 viewsCraigIT

I am not taking part in this. I only like to be positive !. And we have not had that much rubbish anyway.
Least fave Town 11s on 15:43 - Jan 27 with 2833 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Marshall

Diallo Fish Piotr Ward

Feeney Coke Douglas Pringle

Jackson Best
Least fave Town 11s on 15:56 - Jan 27 with 2801 viewshomer_123

Marshall

Thatcher Fish Diallo Harbey

Le Pen Dinning Sonko Bowyer

Parkin Chopra

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Least fave Town 11s on 15:57 - Jan 27 with 2794 viewsdirtyboy

Chopra

Taylor
Least fave Town 11s on 16:42 - Jan 27 with 2710 viewsN2_Blue

Least fave Town 11s on 15:56 - Jan 27 by homer_123

Marshall

Thatcher Fish Diallo Harbey

Le Pen Dinning Sonko Bowyer

Parkin Chopra

Le Pen?

Player looked great for a few mins and then got crocked which basically ended his career, and he's one of your least favourite players. Seems rather harsh on the poor guy.

For wingers, I'd go Cameron Stewart and Lee Martin who were pretty much useless in a Town shirt

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Least fave Town 11s on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 2670 viewstractorshark

Reo-Coker for me. Shouted a lot, delivered absolutely nothing.
Least fave Town 11s on 16:51 - Jan 27 with 2661 viewshomer_123

Least fave Town 11s on 16:42 - Jan 27 by N2_Blue

Le Pen?

Player looked great for a few mins and then got crocked which basically ended his career, and he's one of your least favourite players. Seems rather harsh on the poor guy.

For wingers, I'd go Cameron Stewart and Lee Martin who were pretty much useless in a Town shirt

Le Pen, £1.5m outlay and about 30 mins of football.

It was him or Karic to be fair. Both Camerson and Steward offered more than both in their time as Blues players.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Least fave Town 11s on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 2583 viewsChurchman

Marshall - how can it not be

Harbey - dreadful
Thatcher - I hated the sight of that animal and breathed a sigh of relief when he left.

Diallo - all over the shop
Delaney - I detested him. Thought he was hopeless. Total liability. And went on to have a great premier league career with Crystal Palace. Doh!

Douglas - if ever there was an embarrassing passenger incapable of doing anything on a football field (for us) it was him. When even the opposition film him, you know it’s bad.
Dinning - hearing his name on the team sheet depressed me and inevitably made me want another beer. Maybe that was why he was in the team.

Lee Martin - utter waste of money. Ran around with a face gripped in concentration and was absolutely useless. His presence offended me.
Chapman - literally stood there and collected his dough.
‘Duke’ Ellington - we’d have been better off with the real one and he’d died 40 years earlier
Bowyer - I never thought I’d see the day when somebody like that toe rag represented our club. It sickened me

Subs:
Taylor P - a weasel of a man and rubbish footballer.
Coke - he could play anywhere equally badly. No positives whatsoever, but I gather ‘Cokey’ was a proper bloke. Proper cr@p footballer more like.
Ebanks-Blake - the only excitement was the potential horror of his XXXXL Shorts not being sturdy enough to hold the tonnage in. He got paid too.

I was going to put in a Polish Pete, but like Fish he hardly played. There’s a reason for that
Least fave Town 11s on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 2583 viewsGenericIpswichMan

Interesting one to debate. Are we going for a team that was downright awful?, or just a team of players we didn't like for no real reason??

Assuming the latter, I'm going with a combination of thugs, and those who sponged a living off our good name when they were clearly not fit to wear the shirt:

GK - Marshall

DF - Fish
DF - Santos
DF - Yorwerth
DF - Thatcher

MF - Brekke-Skard
MF - Bowyer
MF - Tanner
MF - Reo-Coker

CF - Chopra
CF - Axeldal
Least fave Town 11s on 17:28 - Jan 27 with 2561 viewsChurchman

Least fave Town 11s on 17:25 - Jan 27 by GenericIpswichMan

Interesting one to debate. Are we going for a team that was downright awful?, or just a team of players we didn't like for no real reason??

Assuming the latter, I'm going with a combination of thugs, and those who sponged a living off our good name when they were clearly not fit to wear the shirt:

GK - Marshall

DF - Fish
DF - Santos
DF - Yorwerth
DF - Thatcher

MF - Brekke-Skard
MF - Bowyer
MF - Tanner
MF - Reo-Coker

CF - Chopra
CF - Axeldal

Good choices in Santos and Yorworth.
Least fave Town 11s on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 2538 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Least fave Town 11s on 17:25 - Jan 27 by GenericIpswichMan

GK - Marshall

DF - Fish
DF - Santos
DF - Yorwerth
DF - Thatcher

MF - Brekke-Skard
MF - Bowyer
MF - Tanner
MF - Reo-Coker

CF - Chopra
CF - Axeldal

The latter.

Worst 11 needs it's own thread i think

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Least fave Town 11s on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 2528 viewsFrimleyBlue

At first sighting I thought I'd seen dos Santos and thought what!!!!

Murphy
Wabara
Fish
Sonko

Bart Williams
Santos
Harrop

Fallan
Ebanks Blake
Moore ( based on town appearences)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Least fave Town 11s on 19:13 - Jan 27 with 2357 viewsLord_Lucan

Least fave Town 11s on 17:25 - Jan 27 by Churchman

Harbey - dreadful
Thatcher - I hated the sight of that animal and breathed a sigh of relief when he left.

Delaney - I detested him. Thought he was hopeless. Total liability. And went on to have a great premier league career with Crystal Palace. Doh!

Douglas - if ever there was an embarrassing passenger incapable of doing anything on a football field (for us) it was him. When even the opposition film him, you know it’s bad.
Dinning - hearing his name on the team sheet depressed me and inevitably made me want another beer. Maybe that was why he was in the team.

Lee Martin - utter waste of money. Ran around with a face gripped in concentration and was absolutely useless. His presence offended me.
‘Duke’ Ellington - we’d have been better off with the real one and he’d died 40 years earlier
Bowyer - I never thought I’d see the day when somebody like that toe rag represented our club. It sickened me

Subs:
Coke - he could play anywhere equally badly. No positives whatsoever, but I gather ‘Cokey’ was a proper bloke. Proper cr@p footballer more like.
Ebanks-Blake - the only excitement was the potential horror of his XXXXL Shorts not being sturdy enough to hold the tonnage in. He got paid too.

I was going to put in a Polish Pete, but like Fish he hardly played. There’s a reason for that

Hey Churchy.

Bit unfair on Delaney I think, he was often played out of position and he got some terrible stick.

When I saw images of him crying in the tunnel after winning the play offs it cemented for me how harshly he was treated here.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Least fave Town 11s on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 2275 viewsSE1blue

George O’Callaghan - there are times when I think I actually imagined us signing a pub player but it’s confirmed elsewhere.

Freddie Sears - in any other era than the Evans one, this guy would’ve felt the door hitting his ass. Chambers gets fleck for staying too long but Sears longevity was utterly baffling.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Least fave Town 11s on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 2258 viewsChurchman

Least fave Town 11s on 19:13 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

Hey Churchy.

Bit unfair on Delaney I think, he was often played out of position and he got some terrible stick.

When I saw images of him crying in the tunnel after winning the play offs it cemented for me how harshly he was treated here.

You are right! Oh I was totally unfair on him and utterly wrong - as his subsequent excellent career amply proved. And no, I never booed him or verbally gave him abuse. It’s something I don’t do to our players. The opposition? Different story.

I shouldn’t have included him really, but did because however wrong I was, he drove me nuts at the time - and he’s a good example of how little I know about it!
Least fave Town 11s on 19:58 - Jan 27 with 2229 viewsmonkeymagic

Least fave Town 11s on 17:25 - Jan 27 by Churchman

Harbey - dreadful

Subs:

Perfect list, but I would like to add Zeki Fryers and Marco Holster please if there’s room in the Match Day squad for them.
Least fave Town 11s on 19:58 - Jan 27 with 2231 viewsbluefunk

I don’t so much mind players not being very good, it’s those who take the p1ss that I really can’t stand, so….

Chris Makin
Lee Martin
Chopra
Bullard
Serini
Marcus Bent
Leadbitter

Play them in any position, they won’t perform unless there’s something init for them
Least fave Town 11s on 20:02 - Jan 27 with 2214 viewsChurchman

Least fave Town 11s on 19:58 - Jan 27 by monkeymagic

Perfect list, but I would like to add Zeki Fryers and Marco Holster please if there’s room in the Match Day squad for them.

Subs bench. Good additions!
Least fave Town 11s on 20:13 - Jan 27 with 2179 viewsLord_Lucan

Least fave Town 11s on 19:53 - Jan 27 by Churchman

You are right! Oh I was totally unfair on him and utterly wrong - as his subsequent excellent career amply proved. And no, I never booed him or verbally gave him abuse. It’s something I don’t do to our players. The opposition? Different story.

I shouldn’t have included him really, but did because however wrong I was, he drove me nuts at the time - and he’s a good example of how little I know about it!

There was a young guy who used to sit relatively close to me who regularly gave him dogs abuse - I think that’s one of the reasons I stick up for him - that and the fact that he wasn’t a bad player.

I only ever played football at sh1t level but for the standard at what I was playing I thought I was ok but you go through a bad patch, it’s human nature. At the worst you really don’t want to play as you are so demoralised and nervous.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to have 20,000 people calling you out - especially your own fans.

I have never booed or shouted abuse at our own, it’s bullying really because you know they can’t get back at you. Not saying you did this I’m just commenting.

Abusing opposition players is fair game - and if I ever made it to top level I would have taken it as a compliment.

Robert Fleck used to get dogs abuse and he loved it. I remember his last game at PR when he played for Reading. After the game he realised he would never play here again and he went to the North Stand and clapped them.

That’s what football is all about.

As it happens I was having a beer in Hamilton Hall one evening when he was playing for Chelsea and we had a brief chat, looking back he might have been dropped or maybe just finished playing for them but he said he couldn’t care less about Chelsea, the first result he looked out for was how Norwich got on. Fair enough in my book.

I’ve waffled a bit, apologies. I’m in the pub - sitting in the corner on my lonesome - absolute bliss.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Least fave Town 11s on 20:15 - Jan 27 with 2173 viewsPique

Surprised Reo-Coker and Gwion Edwards haven't featured more heavily - I personally thought both were absolute freeloaders stealing a living from us.

Coke was a truly terrible footballer but at least he tried.

A personal one that others may disagree with was David Linighan. I just couldn't believe he was on a football pitch at times, an absolute carthorse, but I know he had his defenders. Burley shipped him out pretty early on and rightly so, and brought in Mowbray - talk about an upgrade!
Least fave Town 11s on 20:32 - Jan 27 with 2088 viewsChurchman

Least fave Town 11s on 20:13 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

There was a young guy who used to sit relatively close to me who regularly gave him dogs abuse - I think that’s one of the reasons I stick up for him - that and the fact that he wasn’t a bad player.

I only ever played football at sh1t level but for the standard at what I was playing I thought I was ok but you go through a bad patch, it’s human nature. At the worst you really don’t want to play as you are so demoralised and nervous.

I can’t imagine what it’s like to have 20,000 people calling you out - especially your own fans.

I have never booed or shouted abuse at our own, it’s bullying really because you know they can’t get back at you. Not saying you did this I’m just commenting.

Abusing opposition players is fair game - and if I ever made it to top level I would have taken it as a compliment.

Robert Fleck used to get dogs abuse and he loved it. I remember his last game at PR when he played for Reading. After the game he realised he would never play here again and he went to the North Stand and clapped them.

That’s what football is all about.

As it happens I was having a beer in Hamilton Hall one evening when he was playing for Chelsea and we had a brief chat, looking back he might have been dropped or maybe just finished playing for them but he said he couldn’t care less about Chelsea, the first result he looked out for was how Norwich got on. Fair enough in my book.

I’ve waffled a bit, apologies. I’m in the pub - sitting in the corner on my lonesome - absolute bliss.

Quiet despair was my response to players I disliked or who performed badly. Even Thatcher who I detested just about more than any other player I’ve seen in a Town shirt. Yes, a few of our people do hand out abuse to our players and it’s never going to help and not something I like to to hear.

Mind you I’ve seen worse. When my parents lived in Torbay, My dad would take in a Torquay game sometimes and the few supporters would give their players dogs abuse as they ran out. And because the crowd was small the players heard every word.

I was in North Stand when Fleck did that. I thought it was great and a bit of a ‘thanks for the banter’ moment. He might have been a cabbage head, but dare I say it, he was a good player.
Least fave Town 11s on 21:10 - Jan 27 with 1941 viewsFrimleyBlue

Least fave Town 11s on 19:58 - Jan 27 by bluefunk

I don’t so much mind players not being very good, it’s those who take the p1ss that I really can’t stand, so….

Chris Makin
Lee Martin
Chopra
Bullard
Serini
Marcus Bent
Leadbitter

Play them in any position, they won’t perform unless there’s something init for them

Boooooooooooo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Least fave Town 11s on 21:12 - Jan 27 with 1942 viewsbluefunk

Least fave Town 11s on 21:10 - Jan 27 by FrimleyBlue

Boooooooooooo

Thought that was why you changed your user name 😁
Least fave Town 11s on 22:52 - Jan 27 with 1768 viewsN2_Blue

Least fave Town 11s on 16:51 - Jan 27 by homer_123

Le Pen, £1.5m outlay and about 30 mins of football.

It was him or Karic to be fair. Both Camerson and Steward offered more than both in their time as Blues players.

Karic complexly agree with.

Le Pen I still find odd. How can he personally help being injured. He didn’t set the transfer fee. Why not Civelli. why not Nydam? To bring injury into it is just unfair even if there was a large fee. I wonder if Town had some kind of insurance.

How you can say Cameron Stewart offered more than Le pen I don’t know. Hard to do much when you have a busy knee. We gave the guy a 3 year contract and he made only 2 appearances (both fa cup games) in 2 years.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024