Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders 18:32 - Jan 21 with 1802 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Is costing us big time. We don't have the mentality to grind results out. Have we even scored a last minute winner this season or a really significant late goal? Can't think of one.

We don't have another way to win. It's either play well and win, but if we don't play well, we simply don't win games. (maybe Burton away only example all season to go against that view?)

With Derby, Barnsley and Bolton away to come, reality has suddenly hit home and its done for me as can't see us winning them nor the others dropping enough points for us to catch up.

Really down after that defeat. Its a season defining one, just like at Oxford last season.
Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 18:44 - Jan 21 with 1724 viewsGuthrum

We have scored late goals to gain points (Humphreys at Lincoln, Chaplain at Portsmouth) and a few more times to solidify wins.

But I think your point has merit, in that the team need to gee themselves up quicker at the start of games and keep attacking until the end, rather than inviting pressure.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 18:54 - Jan 21 with 1684 viewsChrisd

Yep, that’s how I see it too. Plymouth and Wednesday will finish top 2, we’ll be play offs, but I just don’t fancy us at the moment to get the job done. Derby are looking extremely menacing too and let’s not forget their manager knows how to get teams out of this league.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 6:55]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:20 - Jan 21 with 1612 viewsRyorry

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 18:44 - Jan 21 by Guthrum

We have scored late goals to gain points (Humphreys at Lincoln, Chaplain at Portsmouth) and a few more times to solidify wins.

But I think your point has merit, in that the team need to gee themselves up quicker at the start of games and keep attacking until the end, rather than inviting pressure.

Said a couple of times over past 2 days we need Andy Murray to come in & give pep talks on keeping going with grit & determination right to the end to get that win, even if it's in the 100th+ minute.

Wasn't entirely joking - if not him, then a sports psychologist.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:23 - Jan 21 with 1570 viewschicoazul

I thought Morsy is amazing and our best midfielder since Jim and we are so lucky to have him. Isn’t that the current TWTD thinking?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:33 - Jan 21 with 1523 viewsblueberry

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:20 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

Said a couple of times over past 2 days we need Andy Murray to come in & give pep talks on keeping going with grit & determination right to the end to get that win, even if it's in the 100th+ minute.

Is Kevin Mincher (the yellow shoes guy) still around? Don't live in the UK, so a genuine question for those that attend games.
Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:47 - Jan 21 with 1478 viewsChurchman

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:20 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

The trouble is that you have to have it in you. If you lack that quality all the psychologists in the world won’t change it or put grit and determination in. Maybe we don’t have enough players with that attribute to lead the rest?

It’s just a question really. Only the players themselves know.
Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 23:39 - Jan 21 with 1170 viewsRyorry

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 19:47 - Jan 21 by Churchman

The trouble is that you have to have it in you. If you lack that quality all the psychologists in the world won’t change it or put grit and determination in. Maybe we don’t have enough players with that attribute to lead the rest?

It’s just a question really. Only the players themselves know.

Well, maybe, but you'd expect pro footballers to have ultra-competitiveness in their nature, or they wouldn't be where they already are - even L1 is a level that's incredibly hard to get to for youngsters wanting to make it.

Having said that, I'll never forget Magic in our play-off semis - it was him & his sheer bloody-minded determination, fight & will-power, that I think gave us the edge & got us over the line. Not seen that equalled or surpassed in other any other player I've watched before or since, & yes, that's something which you can't teach or buy.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 00:36 - Jan 22 with 1068 viewsSimonds92

Yep, the teams that get promoted grind out wins when they're not playing well. We managed to drop a significant amount of points even when we were far superior. We know we cant win the play offs we dont have the bottle for big games.
Login to get fewer ads

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 07:18 - Jan 22 with 858 viewsPioneerBlue

The most disappointing thing is not the dwindling hope of automatic promotion but the collective collapse in fans confidence to get behind the glaring obvious other route out this league. This is mid season not the end. Play offs is perfectly viable, sooner people adjust to the reality that automatics might be beyond us this year without a massive run of form the better, stop with the quitter attitude and get behind the promotion push.

The players will respond better to a positive fansbase and PR than negative, we’ve been here before.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 07:35 - Jan 22 with 833 viewschicoazul

Promoted teams find a way - We don't. Lack of leaders on 07:18 - Jan 22 by PioneerBlue

The most disappointing thing is not the dwindling hope of automatic promotion but the collective collapse in fans confidence to get behind the glaring obvious other route out this league. This is mid season not the end. Play offs is perfectly viable, sooner people adjust to the reality that automatics might be beyond us this year without a massive run of form the better, stop with the quitter attitude and get behind the promotion push.

The players will respond better to a positive fansbase and PR than negative, we’ve been here before.

If your last sentence is true, how come the form collapse has coincided with the largest and loudest crowds we have had for decades?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024