Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team 08:01 - Jan 20 with 1993 viewsMalcolmBlue

What a difference they and the new owners have made. Remarkable what is possible when good investments and the right appointments are made at every level of the club.
It's been a while since we've been able to say we've been proud to support Ipswich Town, god knows we've suffered over the years, leading us to be skeptical and believe that we can't have nice things. But little by little faith is being restored, although optimism isn't a natural friend of ours, it really feels like it's our time.

Welcome back, Harry!
COYB

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:07 - Jan 20 with 1939 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep, but now we've got to go and do it. We've been here before (spending money).
And the experience has been that it HAS to work.

I'm sure this will be a very different experience, but we still have to finish the job now. Starting with a 0-3 win against Oxford.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:25 - Jan 20 with 1871 viewswrightsrightglove

Such a long term strategy in place.

Players signing on 3.5 (+1) deals
Players with a point to prove and at an age where they’ll develop
Players who we can sell on for a profit if needs be
Players who seemingly really love playing for the club

Whatever happens this season, we’re in such a strong position moving forwards and it genuinely feels like we’ll get back to where we belong sooner rather than later. Get out of this league and I can’t see us returning for a very very long time.
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:45 - Jan 20 with 1792 viewscatch74

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:25 - Jan 20 by wrightsrightglove

Whatever happens this season, we’re in such a strong position moving forwards and it genuinely feels like we’ll get back to where we belong sooner rather than later. Get out of this league and I can’t see us returning for a very very long time.

I think also key is the investment in the ground, training ground, back room staff etc. Shows supporters and players their commitment to the club. This is the real difference to Evan’s time here. Feels like they’re all in.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:58 - Jan 20 with 1729 viewsChurchman

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:45 - Jan 20 by catch74

I think also key is the investment in the ground, training ground, back room staff etc. Shows supporters and players their commitment to the club. This is the real difference to Evan’s time here. Feels like they’re all in.

It certainly does. I did wonder when they bought the club whether it’d be a quick flip job, which of course is what Evans was after. Long contracts, land bought, staffing/infrastructure suggests my initial fears were groundless.

We really do need to get out of this hole of a division though.
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 09:18 - Jan 20 with 1641 viewsStewart27

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:58 - Jan 20 by Churchman

It certainly does. I did wonder when they bought the club whether it’d be a quick flip job, which of course is what Evans was after. Long contracts, land bought, staffing/infrastructure suggests my initial fears were groundless.

It baffles me more every day that Marcus Evans is a successful businessman.

I also can’t believe it was only 2 years ago that he was poisoning our club.

We just need to finally fix one of the many gifts he gave us - relegation to division 3.
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 09:26 - Jan 20 with 1614 viewsBluesky

Absolutely. And next time he wants to walk the crowd line shaking hands and doing high fives he needs to be cheered not jeered. Well played Mr Ashton.
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 09:32 - Jan 20 with 1554 viewsbobbyramsey

……and we’re still in the third division ;)
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 09:44 - Jan 20 with 1504 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:07 - Jan 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep, but now we've got to go and do it. We've been here before (spending money).

I'm sure this will be a very different experience, but we still have to finish the job now. Starting with a 0-3 win against Oxford.

Indeed, worth a reminder that in the first 3 transfer windows under Evans we spent heavily on the likes of Sumulikowski, Norris, McAuley, Civelli, Stead, Delaney, Martin, Priskin, Edwards and Leadbitter. Even after then whilst the spending dried up a bit there was still some decent fees spent on players like Scotland, Chopra, JET and so on before things really dried up

Obviously what we are doing now under Gamechanger is a world apart from the latter days of that regime, BUT it remains to be seen what happens if it isn’t successful in getting us where they want/need us to be

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:03 - Jan 20 with 1388 viewsSamWhiteUK

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:25 - Jan 20 by wrightsrightglove

It's so refreshing to hear KM talk about signing players because they fit where we want to go, and not just because they're what we need at the time. All the players coming in are clearly talking about long term as well, and getting out the other end of the championship. Lovely stuff!
Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:08 - Jan 20 with 1356 viewsVic

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:58 - Jan 20 by Churchman

As usual, I totally agree with you. And it's why I'm not in fear if we don't go up this season. Of course it's the goal, of course it will be a level of failure if we don't. The fear of the squad breaking up, investment being pulled, KM & Ashton being replaced are wide of the mark, in my opinion.

Everyone involved knows the ambition and the goal - but the level of investment into every part of the club show that it really isn't a question of 'this season of bust'.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:12 - Jan 20 with 1305 viewsKeno

Maybe Ashton needs his own song .....

Mark Ashton take us home
to the place where we belong
pride of England, kings in Europe
Mark Ashton take us home

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 1241 viewsElephantintheRoom

Erm - possibly. But two very expensive professional loanees look earmarked to replace signings made at the start of the season - not to mention the likes of Ladapo and Harness who have hardly been here for months. This guy is perhaps a credible replacement for the creaking old crock who’s also been here for a few weeks. The same ‘recruitment team’ bought the players who apparently need replacing after half a season.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:28 - Jan 20 with 1176 viewsKeno

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:17 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

Erm - possibly. But two very expensive professional loanees look earmarked to replace signings made at the start of the season - not to mention the likes of Ladapo and Harness who have hardly been here for months. This guy is perhaps a credible replacement for the creaking old crock who’s also been here for a few weeks. The same ‘recruitment team’ bought the players who apparently need replacing after half a season.

But isnt a strength to identify your own weakness and look to strengthen those weakness even if some of are weaknesses are of your own creation but you are strong enough that you can identify that as a weakness and then look to correct that weakness, even if it is go your own creation, and by strengthening the weakness make it into a strength
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 10:29]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:32 - Jan 20 with 1147 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 08:07 - Jan 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Fully agree with this and the OP. Ashton and co have done a great job of getting decent players in well before the end of the window. But yes, they have to deliver as we know what happens when money is spent and it doesn't work on the pitch (Bristol C have been there with Aston too).

There's no reason to think we have to go the same was as BC though. We've a good, promising young manager/coach who's stats already outshine those of some of the best managers we've ever had. Future looks bright at the mo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:46 - Jan 20 with 1082 viewsDyland

Crikey! Hats off to Mark Ashton and the procurement team on 10:17 - Jan 20 by ElephantintheRoom

I don't disagree in principle, but not all the summer signings were first choice with the view of being nailed on starters. It's a squad, after all, as McKenna has emphasised time and time again.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Looks like we're trying to buy the league innit? on 10:49 - Jan 20 with 1056 viewsDyland

This is football, and same holds true in the Prem. Nonetheless, it doesn't really sit right with me. Hey ho. It is what it is, and I'd rather be here than with MEG in charge.

We can say this without resorting to Chickers level hysteria... but it better bloody work!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024