Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Davis and Leigh in the same side 20:30 - Jan 17 with 2996 viewsRIPbobby

I would be inclined to try a few new things. Perhaps playing Leigh left back and give Davis a free role. His energy levels are great, forget about him defending give him the free role in front of Leigh for a change.
Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:33 - Jan 17 with 2649 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wondered if it might be an opportunity to use davis in his natural lcb role alongside wolfy or fridge with wolfy doing the donacien role.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:39 - Jan 17 with 2608 viewshomer_123

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:33 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

I wondered if it might be an opportunity to use davis in his natural lcb role alongside wolfy or fridge with wolfy doing the donacien role.

Davis has been hauled out for not winning a header at the back post and you want him at LCB?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:41 - Jan 17 with 2598 viewsJ2BLUE

Averaging nearly 2 points a game and you want to experiment with a completely new system?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:42 - Jan 17 with 2577 viewsFrimleyBlue

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:39 - Jan 17 by homer_123

Davis has been hauled out for not winning a header at the back post and you want him at LCB?

Genuine question as I haven't seen to much of utd. But does that little fella get on there. He's quite a small cb.

Waka waka eh eh

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:43 - Jan 17 with 2579 viewsLeoMuff

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:41 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

Averaging nearly 2 points a game and you want to experiment with a completely new system?

I don’t think it’s wrong to try a few tweaks here and there, would personally like to see a few switches up top maybe Chaplin behind 2 of Hirst Ladapo Broadhead.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:44 - Jan 17 with 2564 viewsFrimleyBlue

KM switched systems ( which hasn't gone as well since) so I understand why the OP might think of it.

Waka waka eh eh

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 2566 viewshomer_123

I really hope KM doesn't change how we play or approach games. by homer_123 2 Jan 2023 18:05
We get so much right.

On and off the ball we are very good. We use the ball intelligently. There's loads of movement off the ball, players are encouraged to play and express themselves.

We have an identity and style of play that we have not seen at PR for years.

We create plenty of good goal scoring opportunities and defensively we are solid and I love that we play out and build from the back.

We have an issue of conversion at the moment and although over the season so far we have scored plenty...we are wasteful in front of goal at times.

The worry for me is if KM tries to shore us up defensively or alter how we play, we may well create less and right now that will definitely mean fewer goals. As our conversion is a little poor.

So, we change nothing. How we play works...we should not touch that at all.

If we can be more effective taking our chances, we'll be fine. I certainly don't want to see any players come in that don't improve on what we have.

Keep the faith...its working even if the festive period has been poor points wise.

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:47 - Jan 17 with 2540 viewsJ2BLUE

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:43 - Jan 17 by LeoMuff

I don’t think it’s wrong to try a few tweaks here and there, would personally like to see a few switches up top maybe Chaplin behind 2 of Hirst Ladapo Broadhead.

A few tweaks is not what he's proposing.

Changing the front three to two strikers is a good thing to try at certain times.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:48 - Jan 17 with 2520 viewshomer_123

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:47 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

A few tweaks is not what he's proposing.

Changing the front three to two strikers is a good thing to try at certain times.

Or going back to a back three.

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:52 - Jan 17 with 2504 viewsRIPbobby

Nope. When we need to keep it tight we can play 4 out back. Which would potentially give more space in the forward areas.
Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:05 - Jan 17 with 2409 viewsArnieM

Don’t think we need to start ripping up the team / formation. Just start taking our bloody chances better , and defend our own box better. It’s not rocket science really is it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:16 - Jan 17 with 2335 viewstextbackup

I do wonder if maybe something to make us a bit less predictable might be needed… my hope however is that Hirst and Broadhead ignore the instruction to score the perfect goals, and smack a few from 30yards

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:16 - Jan 17 with 2334 viewsstopmoaning

Davis is not a centre back just because Wikipedia says he can also play centre back.
Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:17 - Jan 17 with 2321 viewsSomethingBlue

Thus nullifying our most successful attacking outlet of the season, good one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:17 - Jan 17 with 2309 viewsJ2BLUE

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:16 - Jan 17 by textbackup

I do wonder if maybe something to make us a bit less predictable might be needed… my hope however is that Hirst and Broadhead ignore the instruction to score the perfect goals, and smack a few from 30yards

Agree with that. The only one who seems to shoot regularly from distance is Morsy and shooting doesn't seem to be his strong point.

Truly impaired.

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:21 - Jan 17 with 2275 viewsFrimleyBlue

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:16 - Jan 17 by stopmoaning

Davis is not a centre back just because Wikipedia says he can also play centre back.

Davis spoke of his time prior to ipswich as a centre back. But well done looking on wiki yourself.

Waka waka eh eh

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:26 - Jan 17 with 2234 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:17 - Jan 17 by J2BLUE

Agree with that. The only one who seems to shoot regularly from distance is Morsy and shooting doesn't seem to be his strong point.

Only Oxford and Posh have had more shots from outside the box than us. We’ve scored 10 which is only bettered by Wycombe 11, Wednesday 12.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:33 - Jan 17 with 2184 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The best change (and one that I am sure will happen soon) will be to play Broadhead and Hirst.

While there is a risk that players who are not playing are falsely considered to be better than the ones who are, I think these two have shown they are quality in an area we are slightly lacking and have shown the ability to produce the goods at this level.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 08:31 - Jan 18 with 1704 viewsRobTheMonk

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 20:42 - Jan 17 by FrimleyBlue

Genuine question as I haven't seen to much of utd. But does that little fella get on there. He's quite a small cb.

Martinez is the United CB. His positioning and timing are generally excellent which makes up for his lack of height.

You can be a shorter centre back as the names in this article prove https://www.givemesport.com/88035836-cannavaro-baresi-puyol-who-are-the-best-sho but Davis (in my opinion) is much more suited at present to the full back role.

Luke Shaw has been an interesting player to watch as recently he's been switched from LB to the CB position and is keeping out Maguire, Linderloff and Martinez.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 9:04]
Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:01 - Jan 18 with 1631 viewsStokieBlue

So your plan is to replace a CB with a much smaller player who isn't great in the air whilst also losing his superb crossing ability and his assists.

Honestly, do you just type or do you think about these things first and then type?

This is the worst take I've seen on here in months.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:07 - Jan 18 with 1606 viewsBiGDonnie

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:01 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

So your plan is to replace a CB with a much smaller player who isn't great in the air whilst also losing his superb crossing ability and his assists.

Honestly, do you just type or do you think about these things first and then type?

SB

We can chuck Ladapo at CDM while we're at it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:20 - Jan 18 with 1536 viewsFrimleyBlue

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:01 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

SB

No its not a plan, its a discussion of an alternative, similar to that as the OP, again don't get wound up by someone sharing their thoughts on a subject.

Waka waka eh eh

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:22 - Jan 18 with 1533 viewsFrimleyBlue

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:07 - Jan 18 by BiGDonnie

We can chuck Ladapo at CDM while we're at it.

Whilst you joke. We saw morsy as inside forward Saturday so anything is possible it seems.

Waka waka eh eh

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:33 - Jan 18 with 1436 viewsipswichtillidie

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 09:22 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Whilst you joke. We saw morsy as inside forward Saturday so anything is possible it seems.

Morsy is our best player undoubtedly. I think we will be looking at an alternative in the market for S
Donacian. This will be one of the positions KMc was referring to recently.

Gav

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 10:00 - Jan 18 with 1361 viewsRimsy

Play Davis and Leigh in the same side on 21:26 - Jan 17 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Only Oxford and Posh have had more shots from outside the box than us. We’ve scored 10 which is only bettered by Wycombe 11, Wednesday 12.

I think it's just that we are so dominant in possession in thee majority of games, no matter what the stats say, we are not taking advantage of that including a seeming unwillingness to have a shot.

BlueBlood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024