Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? 16:22 - Jan 16 with 9833 viewsIP1Blue

I’m not going to mention names as It appears people already know within the forum who I will be referring to but it looks like Ipswich are trying to sign a defender permanently from a premier league club. He is on loan at a championship club and has played regularly during the season but I don’t want to say anything more than this just in case I can’t say on the forum unless Phil says I can or cant’t mention the name.

Edit: It’s Harry Clarke - name been posted on social media so not a secret
Deal not done yet though
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 17:56]
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:24 - Jan 16 with 8059 viewsMetal_Hacker

Pm me and I'll keep it a big secret between us both

Poll: If it were one or the other

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:28 - Jan 16 with 7969 viewsMetal_Hacker

We're talking a player loaned to a current League One team right ?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 7934 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Ethan Laird?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 7925 viewsPinewoodblue

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:28 - Jan 16 by Metal_Hacker

We're talking a player loaned to a current League One team right ?

He says Chsmoionship.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:31 - Jan 16 with 7824 viewsMetal_Hacker

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:29 - Jan 16 by Pinewoodblue

He says Chsmoionship.

Yeah I know but I was drawn to Conor Bradley at Bolton

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:36 - Jan 16 with 7713 viewsKieranMcKenna1

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:29 - Jan 16 by KieranMcKenna1

Ethan Laird?

Or is it Harry Clarke who used to play for our academy?

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:52 - Jan 16 with 7412 viewsdirtyboy

A familiar name to Ipswich fans?
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:54 - Jan 16 with 7329 viewsFrimleyBlue

Arsenal RB?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:54 - Jan 16 with 7331 viewshoppy

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:29 - Jan 16 by Pinewoodblue

He says Chsmoionship.

That's easy for you to say...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:56 - Jan 16 with 7260 viewsitfc48

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:36 - Jan 16 by KieranMcKenna1

Or is it Harry Clarke who used to play for our academy?

He looks to have a decent profile and is a local lad which is nice. Looks like he'd be competition for Donacien which is needed as for whatever reason he's not hit the same levels this season.
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 17:02 - Jan 16 with 7058 viewshomer_123

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 16:54 - Jan 16 by hoppy

That's easy for you to say...

Do you have an 'alert' setup for TWTD where posts that are 'right up your street' you are notified about?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 6473 viewsITFC_Josh

They towards the bottom of the league?
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 6494 viewsIP1Blue

From what I’ve been told it is Harry Clarke - the only reason why I’m saying is because I’ve seen the name and initials mentioned on twitter now but yes it is Harry Clarke

However it must be stressed that the deal has bumps to overcome.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 17:48]
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 17:53 - Jan 16 with 6304 viewsDinDjarin

Made in Ipswich too
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 18:13 - Jan 16 with 6015 viewsBloomBlue

Is he on the A12 or A14 yet?
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 18:16 - Jan 16 with 5960 viewsBeckets

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 17:53 - Jan 16 by DinDjarin

Made in Ipswich too

Wouldn’t count towards squad numbers either. Under 21 1 January 2022.
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 18:29 - Jan 16 with 5716 viewsringwoodblue

Arsenal website says the following about him

‘A hard-working central defender, who is also capable of playing in midfield, Harry enjoyed a successful loan spell with Ross County in the Scottish Premiership for the first half of last season.

He then joined Hibernian on loan in January 2022, scoring on his debut for the Edinburgh side against Dundee United.

A natural leader on the pitch, England youth international Harry had previously starred on loan for Oldham Athletic, and is back out on loan this season, with Championship side Stoke City.’

Looks ideal - it’s a thumbs up from me if it’s true.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 18:57 - Jan 16 with 5273 viewsSwansea_Blue

Damn, for a minute I was hoping it was going to be that Senegalese striker, Baka Denette, that Keno was going on about.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:17 - Jan 16 with 4940 viewsKeno

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 18:57 - Jan 16 by Swansea_Blue

Damn, for a minute I was hoping it was going to be that Senegalese striker, Baka Denette, that Keno was going on about.

I’m glad my time on here isn’t wasted

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:22 - Jan 16 with 4869 viewsLukePenningVGP

Watched a couple of his loan matches at Ross County (through an instat trial I had at the time) before he was recalled and sent to Hibernian in Jan 2022. A versatile defender for sure, but his Hibs loan never really went anywhere, signed and then got injured.

Started out more as CB but has been used in recent seasons, as a right-back and right-wing-back too. I think he'd suit the Donacien role as some have suggested here, but could also do a role effectively as a RWB.

If he does indeed sign for us, I'll be more than happy to clip something up, to give people a clearer idea of his all-round game, strengths and weakness, as my recent Broadhead and Hirst videos people have seemed to like.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 19:25]
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:29 - Jan 16 with 4713 viewstextbackup

Why did he leave us?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:35 - Jan 16 with 4602 viewsHorsham

Surely Phil will be along soon to say this is BS? This one feels less possible than Whittaker.

The guy left us for us Arsenal knowing he’d be hawked about on loan before either making it at the Emirates or taking a move to a Prem or Champ side. He’s playing for Champ side now so surely that’s still the plan…
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:37 - Jan 16 with 4556 viewsbb1997

Having never seen him play but based on how well 2 ex-Arsenal defenders of a similar age have done this season in McGuinness and Ballard, on paper it sounds a good signing!
New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:52 - Jan 16 with 4288 viewschicoazul

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:29 - Jan 16 by textbackup

Why did he leave us?

Went to Arsenal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:54 - Jan 16 with 4248 viewsParisBlue

New Potential Signing…. Have you heard this one Phil? on 19:29 - Jan 16 by textbackup

Why did he leave us?

Because arsenal wanted him.

He was the kid who scored the 'Barcelona' goal which went viral iirc.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024