Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wonder what tory mp said this 15:21 - Jan 9 with 4633 viewsjaykay

The NHS is “run for the convenience of people who work in the NHS (especially consultants and GPs

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:17 - Jan 9 with 1388 viewsPassionNotAnger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:11 - Jan 9 by noggin

You're a strange person Chico. I'm a paramedic and know plenty of other paramedics, both frontline and community based. Where is your knowledge of the career choices of paramedics coming from?

I think we can call that game set and match, rubbish serve met with a blistering volley!
wonder what tory mp said this on 18:21 - Jan 9 with 1376 viewsRimsy

As unpalatable as it is, Davies has hit the nail on the head. Doesn't matter how many billions you throw at the NHS, while it continues to be mismanaged as it is now, nothing will change.

BlueBlood

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:24 - Jan 9 with 1359 viewsPassionNotAnger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:21 - Jan 9 by Rimsy

As unpalatable as it is, Davies has hit the nail on the head. Doesn't matter how many billions you throw at the NHS, while it continues to be mismanaged as it is now, nothing will change.

Shame the Tories haven’t successfully done anything in the last 13 years to address this then eh?!
wonder what tory mp said this on 18:28 - Jan 9 with 1335 viewsXYZ

It was well-managed and efficient in 2010 ...
wonder what tory mp said this on 18:32 - Jan 9 with 1321 viewsnoggin

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:28 - Jan 9 by XYZ

It was well-managed and efficient in 2010 ...

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:37 - Jan 9 with 1302 viewschicoazul

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:11 - Jan 9 by noggin

You're a strange person Chico. I'm a paramedic and know plenty of other paramedics, both frontline and community based. Where is your knowledge of the career choices of paramedics coming from?

You also live in Norway.
It’s up to you to disclose as much of your personal info as you like, I think I’ll pass. If you know as many Paras as you claim I bet they’ll verify my claims.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:39 - Jan 9 with 1297 viewschicoazul

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:14 - Jan 9 by PassionNotAnger

No, business are generally run by giving the customers what they need or want for a price that makes the a sufficient profit. Good companies also treat their staff well.

And if you don’t offer staff convenience you don’t have a business, Gov agency etc. Why are so many people struggling with this?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:40 - Jan 9 with 1295 viewsnoggin

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:37 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

You also live in Norway.
It’s up to you to disclose as much of your personal info as you like, I think I’ll pass. If you know as many Paras as you claim I bet they’ll verify my claims.

Yeah, we'll leave it at that eh?

Login to get fewer ads

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:44 - Jan 9 with 1289 viewsBlueBadger

So, basically what you're saying is we should be looking to get the Tories out ASAP?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:45 - Jan 9 with 1280 viewsBlueBadger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:37 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

You also live in Norway.

I'm a critical care outreach nurse working in the UK. I encounter numerous paramedics and have one on my team(albeit [name redacted] is a resus officer and trainer more than full-tome clinical). They're basically saying the same thing as Noggin.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 19:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:46 - Jan 9 with 1267 viewsBlueBadger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:02 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Yeah Harry I made loads of money selling dodgy PPE to UkGov during covid that’s why I’m on here talking to idiots like you all day.

Ah, Harry Vs Chico. A Clash of two of TWTD's intellectual titans.

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:46 - Jan 9 with 1272 viewsPassionNotAnger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:05 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

As far as you’re aware. I’m telling you you’re wrong, it is a problem, because many Paras fancy working for the same or a bit more money for many fewer weekends and nights. That’s what’s happening right now. But I am forced to wonder why we’re having this argument? I know you have a permanent hard on for me but it’s getting embarrassing for both of us.

Quick Google check, average paramedic salary is currently £45k, average GP salary circa £82k, if many paramedics are switching to become a GP as you claim I think it’s more likely because of salary differential than “convenience”
wonder what tory mp said this on 18:51 - Jan 9 with 1264 viewsSpruceMoose

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:45 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

I'm a critical care outreach nurse working in the UK. I encounter numerous paramedics and have one on my team(albeit [name redacted] is a resus officer and trainer more than full-tome clinical). They're basically saying the same thing as Noggin.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 19:17]

Maybe he ran into a bus load of paramedics on a stag do in Berlin during his two week stay there and they all said different to you nobodies?

Basically, old Cheggers is using a middle aged bloke variation of 'I definitely have a girlfriend, but you don't know her as I met her on a foreign exchange trip to France'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:54 - Jan 9 with 1242 viewsPassionNotAnger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:39 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

And if you don’t offer staff convenience you don’t have a business, Gov agency etc. Why are so many people struggling with this?

You actually said “ All businesses and organisations are run for the “convenience” of the people who work there” and that’s simply not the case. (Certainly not for ALL)

Businesses are set up to provide products or services for the benefit of the business or organization, to achieve this they will, of course, look to treat employees well but that’s very different to claiming the businesses are run for the employee convenience. It’s just blatantly and demonstrably wrong on so many levels.

Has you phrased your point along the lines of “successful organizations and companies ensure their employees are treated well and highly regarded” then I might be more inclined to see merit in what you say
wonder what tory mp said this on 19:07 - Jan 9 with 1216 viewsBlueBadger

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:40 - Jan 9 by noggin

If you could copy and paste it for the benefit of renowned free thinker, alleged intellectual and seamless champion of banter and edginess Chico so he could see it, that'd be great.

He's put me on ignore for correcting him and taking this piss out of his fondness for he political manifestos of terrorists.

wonder what tory mp said this on 19:11 - Jan 9 with 1214 viewsnoggin

wonder what tory mp said this on 19:07 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

If you could copy and paste it for the benefit of renowned free thinker, alleged intellectual and seamless champion of banter and edginess Chico so he could see it, that'd be great.

He's put me on ignore for correcting him and taking this piss out of his fondness for he political manifestos of terrorists.

He's quickly becoming the forum clown. I'm sure he never used to be so edgy, so I wonder if he's ok in himself.

wonder what tory mp said this on 19:13 - Jan 9 with 1210 viewsSpruceMoose

wonder what tory mp said this on 19:07 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

One can only imagine the real life success story that must lay behind an online persona that posts passages of the friggin' Unabomber's manifesto for the banter.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

wonder what tory mp said this on 19:14 - Jan 9 with 1201 viewsBlueBadger

wonder what tory mp said this on 19:11 - Jan 9 by noggin

He's quickly becoming the forum clown. I'm sure he never used to be so edgy, so I wonder if he's ok in himself.

Fair play to Chico, a a time when everyone else is trying to be a limp Frimmers copyist, he's going for the paz-lite tribute niche.

Sadly, he's mostly coming across like Wallers of two year ago, only with a thesaurus.

wonder what tory mp said this on 20:24 - Jan 9 with 1163 viewsBlueNomad

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:39 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

Why is it that people leaning to the right and Tory MPs purport too be experts on everything and everyone’s thoughts, aspirations and motivations (apart from greed and a passive workforce of course)?
wonder what tory mp said this on 05:35 - Jan 10 with 1070 viewschicoazul

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:46 - Jan 9 by PassionNotAnger

Quick Google check, average paramedic salary is currently £45k, average GP salary circa £82k, if many paramedics are switching to become a GP as you claim I think it’s more likely because of salary differential than “convenience”

You’re extremely confused. I said they were going to work at general practice not become GPS.

wonder what tory mp said this on 05:36 - Jan 10 with 1065 viewschicoazul

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:40 - Jan 9 by noggin

Thought so.

wonder what tory mp said this on 15:44 - Jan 10 with 952 viewsnoggin

wonder what tory mp said this on 05:36 - Jan 10 by chicoazul

Thought so.

Well until you put some evidence on the table, there's nothing left to debate.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 15:54]

wonder what tory mp said this on 15:59 - Jan 10 with 927 viewslongtimefan

wonder what tory mp said this on 17:32 - Jan 9 by HARRY10

Its almost as if you are a parody account. A latter daty Harry Enfields Tory Boy, bleating out absurd rightie twaddle. Your constant need to doff your cap and try to defend those you see as your 'betters' leads to ever more embassing guff (above) being spouted by you.

The NHS is NOT ran for the convenience of its staff otherwise so many would not be working so many unsocial hours , in such unsuitable conditions for a very inconvenient level of pay.

As to this cretins squeak about " too many overpaid and utterly useless senior managers " it conveniently overlooks who has been in charge for the past 12 years, and ignores Jeremy Hunts reforms, which were supposed to put right all the ills of the NHS.

The truth is the NHS refkwcta the values decent folk hold, and the worst values as far as Tories are concerned ie the idea that some will want to help other, not wwxploit them. That there are not 'useless mouths' that do not deserve health care either.

And as the cracks in 12 years of Tory government become yawning chasms so the odious crawl out from under their stones. Embittered at the thought that so many voters now see them for what they are.

However a good many have lined their pockets through corrruption and sleaze and now fear that gravy train is coming to an end

I can only wonder at what Chico and his fellow Quislings have gained financially over those years. Offshore accounts, PPE contract, well piad consultancy.......

"Offshore accounts, PPE contract, well piad consultancy......."

Chill casting is a bit of a niche industry so probably pays well
wonder what tory mp said this on 16:04 - Jan 10 with 913 viewsspringfield

wonder what tory mp said this on 18:46 - Jan 9 by PassionNotAnger

Paramedics can't work as a GP; only a doctor trained as a GP can do that. So they don't get £82k.

A paramedic wanting to work in "general practice" is expected to earn £44,970 per year. So bang on the average salary. Migration of staff from traditional paramedic roles may be due to all sorts of reasons, but very unlikely to be financial.
wonder what tory mp said this on 22:27 - Jan 10 with 848 viewsGeomorph

wonder what tory mp said this on 15:58 - Jan 9 by springfield

It was Phillip Davies, Shipley. Vile human being.

Here's waht he said

"The government does not run the NHS - that is run by NHS England and by individual NHS trusts. The government's job is to fund the NHS. Spending on the NHS has increased by 40% over and above inflation since 2010. By anyone's standards that is a huge increase in spending.

"The problem is that the NHS is appallingly run with far too many overpaid and utterly useless senior managers who wouldn't be able to get a similar job in the private sector. The NHS is wasteful, bureaucratic and run for the people who work in the NHS, (especially consultants and GPs), rather than for the benefit of patients - one only has to see the tragically low level of staffing at weekends compared to the rest of the week to see that.

"I should also say that there are more nurses and doctors as a proportion of the population in the NHS than ever before. I'm afraid that until people accept that the NHS is inadequate, badly run and in dire need of reform, things will never improve and whilst ever people just say it needs more and more money, (irrespective of how it is wasted), and do not demand the money is spent more wisely, then things will never get better.

"If you are saying that you want government ministers to micromanage every hospital, GP surgery in the country then I think that is not realistic. So it is time people looked to the vast number of senior managers and told them to up their game rather than giving them a free pass and just blaming the government for the running of the NHS which clearly government ministers do not do.

"Perhaps, suggesting the NHS concentrates on patient care rather than spending millions on politically correct, equality, diversity and inclusion posts and training would be a good place to start."

Basically a complete pack of lies then. Same old
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024