Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sorry 17:07 - Jan 2 with 2448 viewsLetchworth_Blue

But that was crap. You cannot play against 10 men for over half the game, have all that possession and hardly test their keeper. Not if you have ambitions of top 2.
I'm sorry on 17:08 - Jan 2 with 2049 viewsMatt_Netherlands

To give Lincoln some credit they sat in and defended well. But agree that we didn’t have anywhere near enough clear cut chances today. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and that, but feels like leaving Chaplin and Ladapo out has cost us today.
I'm sorry on 17:10 - Jan 2 with 1996 viewsBobsthename

It’s odd we have 21 shots 8 on target and yet we never apart from the goal looked like being confident in front of goal.
I'm sorry on 17:12 - Jan 2 with 1963 viewsDerryfromBury

I'm sorry on 17:10 - Jan 2 by Bobsthename

It’s odd we have 21 shots 8 on target and yet we never apart from the goal looked like being confident in front of goal.

Tippy Tappy Football. Why are we afraid to have a shot on goal. Clearly missed Davis
I'm sorry on 17:15 - Jan 2 with 1905 viewsLetchworth_Blue

I'm sorry on 17:08 - Jan 2 by Matt_Netherlands

To give Lincoln some credit they sat in and defended well. But agree that we didn’t have anywhere near enough clear cut chances today. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and that, but feels like leaving Chaplin and Ladapo out has cost us today.

Every team is going to sit in and defend well, especially against us and especially with 10 men. The test is how your players respond and what tactics your manager has to play against 10 men. From what I saw it was to play as you have been and see what happens. Not good enough. We were slow at getting forward, no ideas in the final 3rd and left their keeper with nothing to do. They are the facts friends....
I'm sorry on 17:17 - Jan 2 with 1866 views44_not_out

‘Crap’ really ….. absolutely dominated the match and a very poor decision by the ref (was always going to try and even it up)

Maybe ‘disappointing’ would be a better description?

The overreaction on here is unbelievable
I'm sorry on 17:18 - Jan 2 with 1843 viewsPMac13

Sadly we just didn’t look like scoring, Im actually surprised we got one back if I’m honest, we have great players but no cutting edge. Seems we always want to walk it in or play the perfect pass. We need to play ugly at times which McKenna needs to get his head around. In league one you need to adapt to what’s needed at times and whilst our football is great at times it can be as pretty as you like, but with 77.9% possession and not come away without a win against 10 men is criminal.
How on earth can you describe a game like that as crap… was relentless from To on 17:19 - Jan 2 with 1820 viewsunstableblue

We just need a decent striker!

Humphreys goal was great

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I'm sorry on 17:20 - Jan 2 with 1804 viewsNutkins_Return

I thought we played well enough. Just the final all or finish that's missing/not good enough.

The pen is an absolute joke. He tried it again the next corner they had. Fall over and bring him down on top of you. Ref is so weak to not realize what they are doing.

Lincoln do this regularly. Bolton had almost the identical game against them against 10.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm sorry on 17:20 - Jan 2 with 1784 viewsPowrigan

I'm sorry on 17:17 - Jan 2 by 44_not_out

‘Crap’ really ….. absolutely dominated the match and a very poor decision by the ref (was always going to try and even it up)

A 1-1 draw against 10 men mid table mediocrity is crap no matter how you try to spin it.
I'm sorry on 17:23 - Jan 2 with 1729 viewsLetchworth_Blue

We have absolutely dominated every bloody game this season. Its no overreaction. You can't say we were unlucky every week. Jesus, some people need to grow up. We need to test the keeper more. Possession does not mean f'all without creating chances and scoring bloody goals.
I'm sorry on 17:24 - Jan 2 with 1701 views44_not_out

I'm sorry on 17:12 - Jan 2 by DerryfromBury

Tippy Tappy Football. Why are we afraid to have a shot on goal. Clearly missed Davis

‘Why are we afraid to have a shot on goal’

I think we had 21 shots on goal…. That’s a shot every 4 minutes
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 17:29]
I'm sorry on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 1660 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just for a matter of context, is this a McKenna out not good enough or is it a we had an off day moan?

We are 3rd in the league. There are some failings in the squad but we are in a far better position generally than we were this time last year and we have 29 days to put right the shortcomings in the squad.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm sorry on 17:26 - Jan 2 with 1657 views44_not_out

I'm sorry on 17:23 - Jan 2 by Letchworth_Blue

We have absolutely dominated every bloody game this season. Its no overreaction. You can't say we were unlucky every week. Jesus, some people need to grow up. We need to test the keeper more. Possession does not mean f'all without creating chances and scoring bloody goals.

‘Grow up’???
You’re the one wetting the bed 😉
I'm sorry on 17:28 - Jan 2 with 1579 viewsLetchworth_Blue

I'm sorry on 17:26 - Jan 2 by 44_not_out

‘Grow up’???
You’re the one wetting the bed 😉

44 not out cannot be a reference to your age. If you really have been watching the town that long you wouldn't be delighted to draw against 10 men lincoln.
I'm sorry on 17:33 - Jan 2 with 1507 viewsLetchworth_Blue

I'm sorry on 17:26 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Just for a matter of context, is this a McKenna out not good enough or is it a we had an off day moan?

We are 3rd in the league. There are some failings in the squad but we are in a far better position generally than we were this time last year and we have 29 days to put right the shortcomings in the squad.

Neither....its a how the fk can we hardly test the keeper of 10 man lincoln moan. Is that better?

Whilst you're happy with the situation and for it to continue as such, then I'll leave you to keep counting down the days.
I'm sorry on 17:35 - Jan 2 with 1449 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I'm sorry on 17:33 - Jan 2 by Letchworth_Blue

Neither....its a how the fk can we hardly test the keeper of 10 man lincoln moan. Is that better?

Whilst you're happy with the situation and for it to continue as such, then I'll leave you to keep counting down the days.

I won't be happy to be third in May. I won't be happy if we continue to fail to win matches and do nothing about it.

However, a point is the most any team in this league has come away from that ground with.

All I am offering is not to get too carried away with one result. I do understand the frustration, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm sorry on 17:39 - Jan 2 with 1388 views44_not_out

I'm sorry on 17:28 - Jan 2 by Letchworth_Blue

44 not out cannot be a reference to your age. If you really have been watching the town that long you wouldn't be delighted to draw against 10 men lincoln.

No I’m actually older than that

I often wonder what the reaction would have been had their of been a forum in 1981, like this one after we lost 6 of the last 9 league games and subsequently lost the league…. One of those losses was against Norwich….. ahhh those were the days.

Probably why I don’t wet the bed over a draw away at Lincoln….. I’ve seen much worse!!!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 17:41]
I'm sorry on 17:39 - Jan 2 with 1372 viewshadleighboyblue

I'm sorry on 17:08 - Jan 2 by Matt_Netherlands

To have over 70% of possession and fail to turn that into goals indicates a problem .......and it's happening too often .

A striker is obviously a priority ,but also a change in style , we need a plan B .

As for getting signings in , January is not an easy window , who is going to let their best players go ?
I'm sorry on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 1348 viewsSimonds92

What a load of boll*cks. We were crap and it was a clear penalty. KVY unbelievably stupid wrapping his arms around their player in clear view of the ref.
I'm sorry on 17:44 - Jan 2 with 1296 viewsLetchworth_Blue

I'm sorry on 17:39 - Jan 2 by 44_not_out

No I’m actually older than that

I often wonder what the reaction would have been had their of been a forum in 1981, like this one after we lost 6 of the last 9 league games and subsequently lost the league…. One of those losses was against Norwich….. ahhh those were the days.

Probably why I don’t wet the bed over a draw away at Lincoln….. I’ve seen much worse!!!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 17:41]

I'm not in bed yet. Mummy hasn't made me dinner yet.

You moron.
I'm sorry on 17:45 - Jan 2 with 1283 viewsStewart27

I'm sorry on 17:23 - Jan 2 by Letchworth_Blue

You sound like me when I was very young and arguing my point in the pub after quite a few beers!
I'm sorry on 17:47 - Jan 2 with 1245 viewsLetchworth_Blue

I'm sorry on 17:45 - Jan 2 by Stewart27

You sound like me when I was very young and arguing my point in the pub after quite a few beers!

Pub i wish.....30 years married put pay to that! 😁
I'm sorry on 17:49 - Jan 2 with 1219 views44_not_out

I'm sorry on 17:40 - Jan 2 by Simonds92

What a load of boll*cks. We were crap and it was a clear penalty. KVY unbelievably stupid wrapping his arms around their player in clear view of the ref.

If we’re crap today, describe a typical Paul Hurst performance….
I'm sorry on 17:52 - Jan 2 with 1168 viewsbackwaywhen

I'm sorry on 17:39 - Jan 2 by hadleighboyblue

To have over 70% of possession and fail to turn that into goals indicates a problem .......and it's happening too often .

A striker is obviously a priority ,but also a change in style , we need a plan B .

As for getting signings in , January is not an easy window , who is going to let their best players go ?

Man City of Div 1 ……. They mullered Everton yesterday with same kind of stats , drew 1-1 would you believe….. funny old game Saint !
I'm sorry on 17:52 - Jan 2 with 1167 views44_not_out

I'm sorry on 17:44 - Jan 2 by Letchworth_Blue

I'm not in bed yet. Mummy hasn't made me dinner yet.

You moron.

‘Moron’….. you’re on fire today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024