Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey perspective 23:12 - Dec 29 with 2626 viewsEdwardF

''Well that was a tad embarrassing . All ( well very slightly ) huff and puff. Other than the first 10mins we were out played and out classed. Ipswich played the tactics they way Cowley wishes he could get us playing. They closed us down,passed the ball with ease,played out the back in 3 or 4 passes and had pace on the wings. We in turn spent most of the match chasing shadows. I have never known a Pompey team to give away possession like this lot. Yes Pack scored a great free kick and Raggett did well to head the ball across goal for Bishop to knock in,but that was it.
We are not going up, I very much doubt we'll reach the play-offs especially if we continue with our style of play.
The best thing we could now is get rid of DC,he doesn't appear to know how to motivate or get us out of this mess (these are his players and his tactics). I know he'll talk about coughs and colds and injuries and how we can build on this blah blah blah blah! but he hasn't got a clue.
If you read Neil Allens player review of the game then myself and those around me in the FE were watching a different game.
Being totally honest, a draw flattered us and a if we had held on for a 2-1 win then Ipswich would've been robbed. They are going up unless something drastic happens,they were by far the best team at FP this year.
There's always next season.''

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Pompey perspective on 23:27 - Dec 29 with 2425 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

But Ladapo's defending for the second or something!!
We'll be fine.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pompey perspective on 07:48 - Dec 30 with 1813 viewsLord_Lucan

Most fans say we are the best team they have seen this season but we are in effect equal third. I'm not sure why we aren't 6 points clear to be honest, whether we have had a bit of bad luck along the way or because dropped some daft points (Plymouth and Sheff W), I don't know.

Fact is though, unless we get a bit more ruthless we could definitely miss out on promotion, it's one think going into the play offs 10 points above 4th place but...............

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pompey perspective on 07:51 - Dec 30 with 1790 viewsblueislander

Pompey perspective on 07:48 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

Most fans say we are the best team they have seen this season but we are in effect equal third. I'm not sure why we aren't 6 points clear to be honest, whether we have had a bit of bad luck along the way or because dropped some daft points (Plymouth and Sheff W), I don't know.

Fact is though, unless we get a bit more ruthless we could definitely miss out on promotion, it's one think going into the play offs 10 points above 4th place but...............

Point of order. We are equal second on points.
Pompey perspective on 07:57 - Dec 30 with 1751 viewsLord_Lucan

Pompey perspective on 07:51 - Dec 30 by blueislander

We are also equal third.

Sincerely

A. Realist.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Pompey perspective on 08:01 - Dec 30 with 1722 viewsbluejacko

Pompey perspective on 07:51 - Dec 30 by blueislander

Nope 2nd on goal difference,that would be the decider if indeed this was the final table😄
Pompey perspective on 08:02 - Dec 30 with 1718 viewsGuthrum

Some of it will be about team stamina. Can we continue playing the way we have been, with the same intensity, for the rest of the season?

We've been through a batch of injuries, which have cost us points despite Humphreys' excellence. Now we need to get back up to full speed and stay there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pompey perspective on 08:02 - Dec 30 with 1716 viewsblueislander

Pompey perspective on 07:57 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

We are also equal third.

Sincerely

A. Realist.

What about goal difference? Doesn’t that count?
Pompey perspective on 08:17 - Dec 30 with 1609 viewsLord_Lucan

Pompey perspective on 08:02 - Dec 30 by blueislander

What about goal difference? Doesn’t that count?

I suppose it's whether you are a half glass empty or half glass full person.................but as a borderline alcoholic it's panic stations either way I tell you.

Login to get fewer ads

Pompey perspective on 08:40 - Dec 30 with 1493 viewsChrisd

We do keep focusing on our attack, however we seem to overlook the fact we simply keep conceding soft goals. We have so much possession in games that teams generally don’t have that many opportunities against us, but when they do they seem to capitalise, like Portsmouth last night. We shouldn’t be dominating games like we do and the opposition create a couple of chances and generally score at least one, which seems to happen quite often. The fact we aren’t clinical in the final third by putting teams to bed raises it’s head due to our inability to keep teams out the other end and that’s what’s really frustrating for me at the moment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Pompey perspective on 08:48 - Dec 30 with 1410 viewsEly_Blue

Pompey perspective on 07:57 - Dec 30 by Lord_Lucan

We are also equal third.

Sincerely

A. Realist.

Point of order.

Under the rules of the competition ITFC are 2nd, that is all that counts

Sincerely

The Football League

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Pompey perspective on 08:52 - Dec 30 with 1377 viewsEly_Blue

What was the Pompey view on Bishop leaving one on Walton?

unfortunately it was a long way away for those of us in that excuse for an away end to be able to see clearly but he is a nasty piece of work and deserved at least a booking IMHO

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Pompey perspective on 09:40 - Dec 30 with 1108 viewsRozz

Pompey perspective on 08:52 - Dec 30 by Ely_Blue

What was the Pompey view on Bishop leaving one on Walton?

unfortunately it was a long way away for those of us in that excuse for an away end to be able to see clearly but he is a nasty piece of work and deserved at least a booking IMHO

If it's the incident I'm thinking of, Walton was indulging in a bit of friendly sh*thousery. Was nudged with the shoulder and went down like a ballerina holding his shin. This was at a time where the home fans were getting very frustrated at Walton standing on the ball at the back with no closing down or challenges from Pompey players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024