Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness 08:04 - Dec 30 with 1263 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

but worried that Cardiff will exercise their loan recall option in January. Cardiff under a transfer embargo so if they want to strengthen, they would only be able to do so by bringing in loanees.
Bannon injured again, so although Weds have closed the gap, they could be weakened in Jan.
We need to get 2 or 3 in. Aaron Collins would be top of my list. Maybe Morgan Whittaker. As our season enters the second half, its becoming clearer who is and isn't quite of the quality we need. Edwards, Jackson, Edmundson all struggling to have any impact.

Poll: would you rather

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 08:58 - Dec 30 with 1063 viewsChrisd

I always thought he had something about him when played for us. Yes, he was raw and had things to learn, but during a tricky period playing for us you couldn’t fault his effort and heart, it was a very steep learning curve from playing youth/U21 football at Arsenal. The more experience he gains with his natural ability, he’ll prove himself better than a L1 defender IMO.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:00 - Dec 30 with 1046 viewsbilllm

Agree on collins
Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:02 - Dec 30 with 1040 viewsWickets

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 08:58 - Dec 30 by Chrisd

I always thought he had something about him when played for us. Yes, he was raw and had things to learn, but during a tricky period playing for us you couldn’t fault his effort and heart, it was a very steep learning curve from playing youth/U21 football at Arsenal. The more experience he gains with his natural ability, he’ll prove himself better than a L1 defender IMO.

Yes i agree , many on here much too harsh on him for the odd mistake that a young inexperenced player will always make .
Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:13 - Dec 30 with 985 viewsRozz

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:00 - Dec 30 by billlm

Agree on collins

Interesting on Collins - I don't know much about him other than the lamppost incident. What makes you both think he'd fit the bill? He's certainly riding the crest of a wave right now after an unbelievable end to last season, but I wonder where his ceiling is and if he could adapt from Barton to McKenna-ball?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 9:13]
Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:16 - Dec 30 with 934 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:02 - Dec 30 by Wickets

Yes i agree , many on here much too harsh on him for the odd mistake that a young inexperenced player will always make .

Don’t think that’s true, think most on here recognised that he had potential. However the issue was that he was that we were suffering those mistakes on behalf of Arsenal/whoever had him next. Also compounded by the fact he often kept Woolfenden out of the side and therefore stunting the same development for a player that was actually ours

Not a surprise to see that he’s kicked on but having him here when we did was all rather pointless and short-sighted on our part with no benefit - rather symbolic of that era really (anyone else remember when Lambert was lapping up praise as he definitely wouldn’t be relying on loans?)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:18 - Dec 30 with 912 viewsWallingford_Boy

Always really liked McGuinness, most on here didn’t, which was always going to be a good indication that he had something!

RIP Sir Bobby

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:22 - Dec 30 with 846 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:13 - Dec 30 by Rozz

Interesting on Collins - I don't know much about him other than the lamppost incident. What makes you both think he'd fit the bill? He's certainly riding the crest of a wave right now after an unbelievable end to last season, but I wonder where his ceiling is and if he could adapt from Barton to McKenna-ball?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 9:13]

he's young, energetic, and not greedy - lots of assists as well as goals. Also think he would be available for a more reasonable fee than JCH. If we could nab Whittaker that would be audacious.

Poll: would you rather

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:30 - Dec 30 with 746 viewsRozz

Sheff Weds fans raving about Mark McGuinness on 09:22 - Dec 30 by LegendofthePhoenix

he's young, energetic, and not greedy - lots of assists as well as goals. Also think he would be available for a more reasonable fee than JCH. If we could nab Whittaker that would be audacious.

Sorry just seen the other thread on the same subject. I had assumed he was an out-and-out striker but looks a versatile 10 with good finishing ability, more in the Chaplin / Harness mould?

Looks sharp on the highlights reel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024