Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you became PM what would you do?? 19:48 - Dec 20 with 10652 viewsKeno

Me

1, scrap trident and save something like £20billion
2, undo the feck up that is Brexit
3, guarantee nurses etc pay of inflation plus at least 1% every yesr
4, make the use of extendable dog leads and those long training leads a criminal offence
5, reform income tax to a single charge (eg scrap ni)band bring in a higher rate
6, ban sports teams playing in green and yellow
7, allow Irish unity
8, reduce the royals to immediate and heirs making them effectively tax paying staff
9, cut down property and wealth of churches, to create “charity funds” for poor and needy - which is what the f4cking churches should be all about anyway
10, ban Piers Morgan and Nigel Farrage (I not sure I could sanction acts of countryside)

What you got TWTD?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:02 - Dec 20 with 4448 viewsJ2BLUE

Nationalise water, energy, rail travel and the Royal Mail.

Find a way to effectively stop companies moving to tax havens to avoid tax. Tax Amazon, Starbucks etc fairly by closing loopholes. If the sale was in the UK, you pay tax on it.

A proper study on UBI involving the entire nation

Ban second jobs for MPs

Ban anyone who has been an MP from entering the House of Lords and have a referendum on the House of Lords continuing to exist

Try to negotiate in secret with the EU to offer us one last chance of coming back on the terms we had. If they agree, referendum 2.0.

Grant Scotland their referendum.

Pass a law that any employee has the right to not work on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Easter Friday to Monday.

Up the minimum paid time off for full time employees to 26 days + bank holidays.

Build council homes

Pass a law making flexible working mandatory for jobs which can accommodate it.

Strongly encourage a 4 day work week with some sort of tax incentive to businesses who agree.

Invest more in mental health

Free breakfast and lunch for all kids at school if they want it.

And much more.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 20:03]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:13 - Dec 20 with 4405 viewsKeno

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:02 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Nationalise water, energy, rail travel and the Royal Mail.

Find a way to effectively stop companies moving to tax havens to avoid tax. Tax Amazon, Starbucks etc fairly by closing loopholes. If the sale was in the UK, you pay tax on it.

A proper study on UBI involving the entire nation

Ban second jobs for MPs

Ban anyone who has been an MP from entering the House of Lords and have a referendum on the House of Lords continuing to exist

Try to negotiate in secret with the EU to offer us one last chance of coming back on the terms we had. If they agree, referendum 2.0.

Grant Scotland their referendum.

Pass a law that any employee has the right to not work on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Easter Friday to Monday.

Up the minimum paid time off for full time employees to 26 days + bank holidays.

Build council homes

Pass a law making flexible working mandatory for jobs which can accommodate it.

Strongly encourage a 4 day work week with some sort of tax incentive to businesses who agree.

Invest more in mental health

Free breakfast and lunch for all kids at school if they want it.

And much more.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 20:03]

11, Make J2 my chancellor and/or Home Secretary

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:32 - Dec 20 with 4354 viewsEastTownBlue

No policies about Clive Thomas ?
If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:36 - Dec 20 with 4351 viewsKeno

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:32 - Dec 20 by EastTownBlue

No policies about Clive Thomas ?

12, ********** Welsh **** Clive Thomas to be given award for services to blind illegitimate sports people

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:39 - Dec 20 with 4333 viewsjeera

Free ice-cream on Thursdays.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Go down the pub. (n/t) on 20:43 - Dec 20 with 4318 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:56 - Dec 20 with 4279 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Have a referendum for English independence
If you became PM what would you do?? on 21:17 - Dec 20 with 4243 viewsazuremerlangus

1. Keep Trident and ensure the replacement is fully funded.
2. Ensure Ukraine NATO membership is fast tracked.
2. Introduce the Human Responsibilities Act to work alongside the Human Rights Act as a matched pair of laws.
3. Like US tax law remove non-domicile status - if you are a UK citizen then you pay UK tax where ever you live.
4. Voting compulsory for all UK adult citizens - but online voting fully implemented. Criminal offence for those not partaking and fines issued (proceeds given to charity).
5. MP salaries raised by 50%, Parliament recess reduced by 50% - no other jobs, director directorships etc. Parliament sittings compulsory - all unauthorised absentees punishable by 1 night in prison. All MP autobiographies banned until they are retired.
6. Free domestic training for teenagers. This includes shutting doors (including soft-close kitchen cupboards - complex bits of kit that are difficult to grasp when studying for a quantum physics degree…).
7. Free asparagus for the under-5s.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

If you became PM what would you do?? on 21:23 - Dec 20 with 4213 viewsJ2BLUE

If you became PM what would you do?? on 21:17 - Dec 20 by azuremerlangus

1. Keep Trident and ensure the replacement is fully funded.
2. Ensure Ukraine NATO membership is fast tracked.
2. Introduce the Human Responsibilities Act to work alongside the Human Rights Act as a matched pair of laws.
3. Like US tax law remove non-domicile status - if you are a UK citizen then you pay UK tax where ever you live.
4. Voting compulsory for all UK adult citizens - but online voting fully implemented. Criminal offence for those not partaking and fines issued (proceeds given to charity).
5. MP salaries raised by 50%, Parliament recess reduced by 50% - no other jobs, director directorships etc. Parliament sittings compulsory - all unauthorised absentees punishable by 1 night in prison. All MP autobiographies banned until they are retired.
6. Free domestic training for teenagers. This includes shutting doors (including soft-close kitchen cupboards - complex bits of kit that are difficult to grasp when studying for a quantum physics degree…).
7. Free asparagus for the under-5s.

Compulsory voting? Why?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 21:58 - Dec 20 with 4140 viewsCoastalblue

Double MP's salaries but forbid any additional jobs, cut the number of MP's in half.
Allow Scotland a referendum, though from what I see they'd stay, even more likely if i'm PM
Scrap HS2
Build lots of local authority homes and tighten up and police laws around affordable housing as part of private developments.
Stick 1p on the base rate tax which is strictly ring fenced for NHS spending.
Massive review of social welfare funding, conducted by somebody who knows their arse from their elbow.
Try and renogotiate with the EU allowing free movement of citizens once more, sadly I think the Brexit ship has sailed.
Order a full scale investigation into whether jaffa cakes are cakes or biscuits.
Invest in rural local transport.
Personally go and destroy the DVLA and set up a new organisation that actually does something.
Scrap the road fund license and instead put it on fuel.
Means tested government backed discounts on all utilities, on a sliding scale.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:07 - Dec 20 with 4112 viewsnodge_blue

Don’t scrap trident as it’s the only thing that keeps russia in check.

Have another eu referendum

Pay carers more

Pay teacher assistants more. They run many classes of sometimes difficult kids on little more than minimum wage.

Don’t scrap ni as the poorer paid will end up paying more income tax. Employers pay ni as well as employees.

Help more autistic people after education find work and assisted living.

Promote e bikes

Build fusion reactors

Encourage organic farming. May need to accept genetic modified crops.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:19 - Dec 20 with 4082 viewsIllinoisblue

Authorize drone strikes on the offices of the Sun and Mail

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:35 - Dec 20 with 3987 viewsHARRY10

Stop HS2 immediately

Make 'rightieness' a notifiable disease

Decree it a criminal offence to use newspeak

Ensure spurious charities pay the same taxes as other similar businesses

End the requirement for taxi drivers to be called Roger

Compel all male royals to take a DNA test

Pay a bounty* for shooting illegal scooter riders

Deport Farage, Piers Morgan, Richard Littlebrain, Rees-Mogg to Rwanda .....

..... all measures to be introduced after first buying myself a peaked cap, a white jacket and a pair of sunglasses

*would be a good use for unwanted bounty bars found in tins of sweets
If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:44 - Dec 20 with 3970 viewsmeekreech

You have forgotten to abolish the tv license fee.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:53 - Dec 20 with 3924 viewsazuremerlangus

If you became PM what would you do?? on 21:23 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

Compulsory voting? Why?

Because historically democracy hasn’t come cheap and elections financially cost a lot to organise.

Citizens therefore have the civic/moral duty to get out and vote (even if the weather is a bit ‘shiote’). Spoil your papers by all means but many died for this freedom not enjoyed many other nations.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 23:04]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:07 - Dec 20 with 3861 viewsghostofescobar

I would make it law that for the first 6 months of being PM, the new PM must live on the same wages/allowances/benefits as someone from the poorest 5% of the country. They are given exactly the same budget as the poorest in our society and they have to find their own way for that 6 months, with their family also along. So housing, food, bills etc all from that allowance. They will be allowed to jump the housing queue and not go through the tortuous red tape of actually getting benefits, or the six months would be up before they started. One, it would put some people off the job who are purely in it for power, prestige and future earnings, but most importantly it’s the only way they would get a true feel for the grinding challenges of the poorest. Who knows, it may help them to help the poorest with their decisions rather than helping the richest. Just a thought.

GhostOfEscobar

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:10 - Dec 20 with 3850 viewschicoazul

Some terrible ideas in here lads. Why does everyone think the same about practically everything?
I’d rebuild the grammar schools.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:23 - Dec 20 with 3804 viewsTalkingBlues

Designate Portman Road a National Heritage Site and award the club £20 Billion in funding.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:34 - Dec 20 with 3787 viewsfactual_blue

If you became PM what would you do?? on 20:36 - Dec 20 by Keno

12, ********** Welsh **** Clive Thomas to be given award for services to blind illegitimate sports people

He's still with us Keno, aged 86.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:59 - Dec 20 with 3716 viewsHARRY10

If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:53 - Dec 20 by azuremerlangus

Because historically democracy hasn’t come cheap and elections financially cost a lot to organise.

Citizens therefore have the civic/moral duty to get out and vote (even if the weather is a bit ‘shiote’). Spoil your papers by all means but many died for this freedom not enjoyed many other nations.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2022 23:04]

You seem to miss the blindingly obvious contradiction

The freedom not to vote
If you became PM what would you do?? on 00:00 - Dec 21 with 3748 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

I would ban racism to make things better for black and asian people
If you became PM what would you do?? on 00:13 - Dec 21 with 3731 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

No way to no 7. Northern Ireland is BRITISH and will forever be.
If you became PM what would you do?? on 00:42 - Dec 21 with 3703 viewsBlueBadger

If you became PM what would you do?? on 22:44 - Dec 20 by meekreech

You have forgotten to abolish the tv license fee.

...because it doesn't need abolishing?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If you became PM what would you do?? on 00:50 - Dec 21 with 3685 viewsXYZ

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:59 - Dec 20 by HARRY10

You seem to miss the blindingly obvious contradiction

The freedom not to vote

You seem to miss the blindingly obvious.

The freedom to spoil your ballot paper.

People died to get the right to vote.
If you became PM what would you do?? on 04:41 - Dec 21 with 3618 viewsBlueBadger

If you became PM what would you do?? on 23:10 - Dec 20 by chicoazul

Some terrible ideas in here lads. Why does everyone think the same about practically everything?
I’d rebuild the grammar schools.

If only more people thought for themselves and took their political ideas from the Unabomber.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024