Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will you be going to the World Cup? 21:19 - Nov 15 with 2298 viewsthatbdude

Will you be going to the World Cup?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who going down?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:30 - Nov 15 with 2275 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

No thanks - if I wanted to experience slave built infrastructure, oppression of LGBT and minorities, human rights abuses, and strict alcohol laws I’d watch a documentary on the Middle Ages.
Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:55 - Nov 15 with 2202 viewsthatbdude

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:30 - Nov 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

No thanks - if I wanted to experience slave built infrastructure, oppression of LGBT and minorities, human rights abuses, and strict alcohol laws I’d watch a documentary on the Middle Ages.

Tbf I would too

Poll: Who going down?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:57 - Nov 15 with 2203 viewsFreddies_Ears

Done many tournaments, but was never going to do this one. I will even feel crap watching it on TV.
Will you be going to the World Cup? on 22:38 - Nov 15 with 2145 viewsRyorry

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:57 - Nov 15 by Freddies_Ears

Done many tournaments, but was never going to do this one. I will even feel crap watching it on TV.

Main telly in kitchen said a few months ago that it was feeding back data from my viewing to use for stats & viewing figures, so I'm gonna feel bad now if I even watch it on TV

No, wouldn't go even if I could, that bastard regime aren't getting my support or ££.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 00:35 - Nov 16 with 2041 viewskiwiblue

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 22:38 - Nov 15 by Ryorry

Main telly in kitchen said a few months ago that it was feeding back data from my viewing to use for stats & viewing figures, so I'm gonna feel bad now if I even watch it on TV

No, wouldn't go even if I could, that bastard regime aren't getting my support or ££.

No way horrible place was there in july twice and hated the place. Slave labour and low quality for mega money
Will you be going to the World Cup? on 07:59 - Nov 16 with 1920 viewsPlums

nope, having nothing to do with it. Knowing people died to build those stadiums and yet continuing to play and spectate in them is abhorrent

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 08:09 - Nov 16 with 1899 viewsnoggin

Won't watch a single game.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 09:51 - Nov 16 with 1786 viewsGeoffSentence

Still waiting for Gareth Southgate to get in touch, I am sure it is just an oversight, but if picked I will.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:25 - Nov 16 with 1726 viewsJackSted

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:57 - Nov 15 by Freddies_Ears

This is the first WC I genuinely have no care in the world about. And you're talking to someone who was at Wembley last year for the Euro Semi and Final

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:27 - Nov 16 with 1714 viewsRyorry

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 08:09 - Nov 16 by noggin

Won't watch a single game.

Everyone should do what feels right for them of course, but playing devil's advocate for a mo, that obviously isn't going to bring back a single worker who died. Or change anything - or ..?

There was a half-British, half-Iranian young woman on R5l yesterday, saying why she thought the Iranian team should go ahead and play, including the many extra opportunities it would provide to expose & highlight the atrocities of the Iranian regime.

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:29 - Nov 16 with 1703 viewsITFCson

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:25 - Nov 16 by JackSted

This is the first WC I genuinely have no care in the world about. And you're talking to someone who was at Wembley last year for the Euro Semi and Final

I was there for the final also. What a disgusting experience with all the yobs and scum storming the turnstiles. So disgraceful in the end I was wanting Italy to win. I'm also going to Qatar and cannot picture anything even remotely similar happening.
Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:35 - Nov 16 with 1693 viewsJackSted

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:29 - Nov 16 by ITFCson

I was there for the final also. What a disgusting experience with all the yobs and scum storming the turnstiles. So disgraceful in the end I was wanting Italy to win. I'm also going to Qatar and cannot picture anything even remotely similar happening.

Unfortunately I was in the bottom corner (next to the Italy fans) at the final and expierenced all the yobs stroming the turnstiles. The worst thing though was watching all the stewards detaining people who had stormed it, just to let them go after making them pay £10-£20 cash in hand

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:35 - Nov 16 with 1692 viewsnoggin

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:27 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

Everyone should do what feels right for them of course, but playing devil's advocate for a mo, that obviously isn't going to bring back a single worker who died. Or change anything - or ..?

There was a half-British, half-Iranian young woman on R5l yesterday, saying why she thought the Iranian team should go ahead and play, including the many extra opportunities it would provide to expose & highlight the atrocities of the Iranian regime.

My reasons are not necessarily human rights related. I just think the whole thing is corrupt and, what should be a football festival for the fans, has become a political scam. I just can't be bothered with it and If England were to get to the final, I wouldn't care.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2022 10:36]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 15:09 - Nov 16 with 1573 viewsRyorry

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:35 - Nov 16 by noggin

My reasons are not necessarily human rights related. I just think the whole thing is corrupt and, what should be a football festival for the fans, has become a political scam. I just can't be bothered with it and If England were to get to the final, I wouldn't care.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2022 10:36]

Ah yes, can certainly understand that, and agree (but not to the extent it'll stop me watching both England and Wales' games).

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 17:10 - Nov 16 with 1509 viewsPlums

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:27 - Nov 16 by Ryorry

The more people who refuse to endorse the tragic farce that is the Qatar World Cup, the more sponsors will think about what they should and shouldn't be putting their money towards in future. Of course it won't bring any of those workers back but we can and should prevent as many future similar deaths as we can - using what means we have available. As an individual, there is little that I can do but I won't take part in it.

Just my opinion of course but we currently have lots of people from both ends of the political spectrum concerned about different aspects of people trafficking and yet here we have it on an industrial scale and because it's dressed in football shirts, it's somehow OK.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 18:54 - Nov 16 with 1462 viewsRyorry

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 17:10 - Nov 16 by Plums

The more people who refuse to endorse the tragic farce that is the Qatar World Cup, the more sponsors will think about what they should and shouldn't be putting their money towards in future. Of course it won't bring any of those workers back but we can and should prevent as many future similar deaths as we can - using what means we have available. As an individual, there is little that I can do but I won't take part in it.

Just my opinion of course but we currently have lots of people from both ends of the political spectrum concerned about different aspects of people trafficking and yet here we have it on an industrial scale and because it's dressed in football shirts, it's somehow OK.

Unless your TV is being monitored for audience ratings though, no one is going to know or note whether individuals watched or not, so not watching seems pointless to me, it won't affect sponsors at all.

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 19:12 - Nov 16 with 1451 viewsITFCson

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 10:25 - Nov 16 by JackSted

I am going and having been at the euro final is part of the reason. I want to try and erase my memory of the horrible scenes of thuggery I witnessed. I'm hopeful, don't think many of the youth will be in Doha
Will you be going to the World Cup? on 20:05 - Nov 16 with 1399 viewsbradforblues

Will you be going to the World Cup? on 21:30 - Nov 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Which country is morally clean enough to host a World Cup ?

USA came second v Qatar but what about their abortion rights and how many black people the cops kill ?
Here? Well with our record of an illegal war in Iraq I’d say no

So where does that leave - and wherever it is let’s host it there

you are my ipswich !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024