Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo 21:53 - Nov 7 with 3445 viewsOrangeboi373

What a player. All I have to say

Poll: Scariest Halloween costume

Ladapo on 21:56 - Nov 7 with 3416 viewsRozz

Made some very intelligent runs resulting in a number of decent goalscoring opportunities, so I hope the finishing doesn't stick too long in people's memories. Starting to really like the look of him.
Ladapo on 22:36 - Nov 7 with 3198 viewsArnieM

Maybe I just don’t appreciate his other qualities then, because he’s so frustrating in front of goal . He seems to need 5 attempts to score 1, when often it’s easier to score the chances he misses. Anyone else feel this if is it just me?

I really do want him to do well , but he misses so many chances .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ladapo on 22:49 - Nov 7 with 3123 viewsTractorWood

Ladapo on 22:36 - Nov 7 by ArnieM

Maybe I just don’t appreciate his other qualities then, because he’s so frustrating in front of goal . He seems to need 5 attempts to score 1, when often it’s easier to score the chances he misses. Anyone else feel this if is it just me?

Agreed. Desperate for him to do well but his finishing is obviously pretty village.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ladapo on 22:54 - Nov 7 with 3090 viewsDaninthecampo

Definitely needs to be more clinical but 8 goals by Nov 7th is pretty good considering mis missed chances,
Is getting better every game
Ladapo on 23:14 - Nov 7 with 2994 viewsbadadski

Ladapo on 22:54 - Nov 7 by Daninthecampo

Definitely needs to be more clinical but 8 goals by Nov 7th is pretty good considering mis missed chances,
Is getting better every game

One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was before shooting he didn’t even look up to see where the keeper was but at the ball, not very instinctive at the moment / his runs and positioning are getting better but finishing still dire. Humphreys also is very intelligent in finding pockets and getting into space in the box kind of like mason mount. Finishing same as Ladapo - a bit to be desired.
Ladapo on 01:52 - Nov 8 with 2824 viewsWickets

No doubt he is playing well , yes as others have pointed out he has missed a few but scored a few also .
Ladapo on 08:13 - Nov 8 with 2522 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Maybe we need to get Franny Jeffers back as a striker coach. Bonne's form while he was with us was incredible!
Ladapo on 08:17 - Nov 8 with 2507 viewsMetal_Hacker

Credit where it's due though Arnie - it's November and he's scored 8 is it now ? OK could have had more but this is a League One player we're talking about - he's League One for a reason isn't he

Personally I think he's doing OK , could always do better but then most players could I guess

He'll comfortably be 15+ goals come May

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Ladapo on 09:07 - Nov 8 with 2378 viewsDavoIPB

Very poor first half. Poor finishing, touch and kept getting wrong side of defender. Second half much better. Good runs, intelligent play. Still finishing poor but tool goal well.
Ladapo on 09:47 - Nov 8 with 2301 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can see why he's in League 1. Makes some great runs and intelligent hold up play and then can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. He was lucky his miskick yesterday wrong-footed the keeper otherwise that would have been saved. I like him and want him to do well, but "what a player" is stretching it a bit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ladapo on 09:58 - Nov 8 with 2248 viewsVaughan8

I know these things are always said, but if he could finish, he wouldn't be playing in League one.

I do like him, but very frustrating.
Ladapo on 10:06 - Nov 8 with 2209 viewsWickets

Very good finishes against Cambridge and Charlton !
Ladapo on 10:06 - Nov 8 with 2208 viewsEnigma_Blue

Would rather have a striker who misses lots of chances but still scores fairly regularly than one who gets very few chances and hardly ever scores.
If Ladapo carries on at his current rate he could score 20 goals this season.
Ladapo on 10:35 - Nov 8 with 2128 viewshtb

Ladapo on 10:06 - Nov 8 by Enigma_Blue

Would rather have a striker who misses lots of chances but still scores fairly regularly than one who gets very few chances and hardly ever scores.
If Ladapo carries on at his current rate he could score 20 goals this season.

Overall brings a lot more to the team than Bonne did last season. A good addition.
Ladapo on 12:36 - Nov 8 with 1971 viewsBigCommon

Pleased he got his goal in the end.
Think their keeper deserves a shout for one or two saves.
And I'm pleased our main striker has kept his run of goal scoring form going.
Him being is so rarely caught offside, enables us to keep possession higher up the pitch and keep attacks alive.
He's starting to come good now, imo.. Had time to settle and adjust to being a new father. Recent goals are showing to give him more confidence. He's hitting the target, that's all he can do. On a good day he'll score 2 from 3. Other days he might only get 1 in 4 or 5 efforts.
Loved his strikes against Pompey and Charlton. Two big games, you could argue.. We 've just got to keep feeding him and stay behind the lad. He looks to be a confidence player, so not wise, imo, to get on his back...
Ladapo on 13:25 - Nov 8 with 1861 viewsringwoodblue

I think Ladapo is better than Bonne (frequently offside) and Norwood (frequently injured) but not sure he’s the real deal striker we’ve been looking for.

His shooting was generally poor last night and made the Bracknell goalie look much better than he was.

But, if he can stay fit, he’s definitely got 20 goals in him for the season why is all we can ask for really.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Ladapo on 13:38 - Nov 8 with 1824 viewschicoazul

Ladapo on 22:49 - Nov 7 by TractorWood

Agreed. Desperate for him to do well but his finishing is obviously pretty village.

Had 17 clubs at 29 for a reason. Clearly very hard working and powerful but needs 3 or 4 chances. Does anyone have stats on his chance conversion rate?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ladapo on 14:01 - Nov 8 with 1766 viewsLankHenners

Ladapo on 13:38 - Nov 8 by chicoazul

Had 17 clubs at 29 for a reason. Clearly very hard working and powerful but needs 3 or 4 chances. Does anyone have stats on his chance conversion rate?

20% from 25 shots going by Opta. For comparison with some strikers in the top 10 for goals scored in L1, Clarke-Harris is 27% from 41, Brown and Nombe at Exeter 33% from 24 and 25% from 28 respectively, Ellis Harrison is 15% from 46, Hardie at Plymouth is 41% from 17.

So not as clinical as quite a few but his goals per 90 is about on par if not better than most of the top 10 so if we keep creating as much as we do he'll still bag quite a few by the end of the season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ladapo on 14:13 - Nov 8 with 1736 viewsBroadhill

What a player?
Sorry no, he is ok, but you can see why he is league 1. We would need way better in the championship. He would be on the bench at best.
Ladapo on 19:53 - Nov 8 with 1490 viewscarlisleaway

Ladapo on 14:13 - Nov 8 by Broadhill

What a player?
Sorry no, he is ok, but you can see why he is league 1. We would need way better in the championship. He would be on the bench at best.

Has to show a lot more before fans take to him.
Ladapo on 20:33 - Nov 8 with 1423 viewsArnieM

Ladapo on 08:17 - Nov 8 by Metal_Hacker

Credit where it's due though Arnie - it's November and he's scored 8 is it now ? OK could have had more but this is a League One player we're talking about - he's League One for a reason isn't he

Personally I think he's doing OK , could always do better but then most players could I guess

He'll comfortably be 15+ goals come May

Well yes I suppose you’re right. Not sure what it is that sees him miss what appear to be dead cert goals - concentration at that last moment of execution of the shot? He’s scored a couple of absolute betters , so he’s definitely got it in his locker hasn’t he. Hopefully he’ll relax a bit more as the season progresses. We forget that a lot of these players have come to us from ( without wishing to found arrogant about us), much smaller clubs and to now be playing in front of the phenomenal support we are now getting might just be a bit overwhelming to some players, sometimes. The level of expectation at Town is several levels higher than it used to be.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024