Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new PM… 14:57 - Oct 22 with 1424 viewsEastTownBlue

Our new PM… on 15:00 - Oct 22 with 1349 viewsgtsb1966

That will be nearly all the 45 red wall MPs then.
Our new PM… on 15:01 - Oct 22 with 1340 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like the Boris camp are hyping themselves up to scare a few MP's into backing him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our new PM… on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 1322 viewspointofblue

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

The worrying thing is people will likely to vote for him at the next election too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our new PM… on 15:04 - Oct 22 with 1290 viewscatch74

Sorry - missed your post, was on football only.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Our new PM… on 15:05 - Oct 22 with 1288 viewsSteve_M

Our new PM… on 15:01 - Oct 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like the Boris camp are hyping themselves up to scare a few MP's into backing him.

Yeah, I did hear that this was being claimed yesterday but declared backers are so many fewer it doesn't seem plausible. Reasonable chance that Sunak gets enough support to resolve this early next week.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our new PM… on 15:05 - Oct 22 with 1283 viewspointofblue

The anti-Boris MPs need to go for the 'nuclear' option now - say they'll resign from the whip if he's elected leader. Push the morons still thinking he's a valid option to realise he could end up running a minority government.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Our new PM… on 15:09 - Oct 22 with 1248 viewsEastTownBlue

Possibly

Our new PM… on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 1188 viewsGuthrum

Our new PM… on 15:00 - Oct 22 by gtsb1966

That will be nearly all the 45 red wall MPs then.

Some of them were among those calling for him to go, feeling he'd let them down on the "levelling up" policy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Our new PM… on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 1190 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our new PM… on 15:05 - Oct 22 by Steve_M

Yeah, I did hear that this was being claimed yesterday but declared backers are so many fewer it doesn't seem plausible. Reasonable chance that Sunak gets enough support to resolve this early next week.

Guido (I know) is running what they claim to be a reliable and live spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PRufWhh2YAoxPUJEXeVaEOe7rcT1IINOXijeLI6o

That currently has Johnson on 58, with another 15 undisclosed. That only gives him 71.

I still think this is a scare tactic to bring people in line who are frightened of deselection of he returns.

The likes of Charles Moore and Lord Frost have spoken against him returning and they are very close to him.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 15:17]

Iron Lion Zion

Our new PM… on 15:19 - Oct 22 with 1171 viewsLord_Lucan

The only way I can see Rishi winning is if he is the only one to get to the 100 - and if it looks like Penny and Boris will both fall short I can see them doing a deal.

I don't think Rishi is actually well liked by the members and like yourself I don't believe it is because of his skin colour but more that everyone thinks he is going to squeeze the pips out of people.

I don't think Jeremy Hunt has helped Rishi's cause by announcing that he may repeal the 3% defence proposal

I say this because Rishi may well keep Hunt as chancellor but Penny and Boris wouldn't - and I think defence is very important to a lot of voters - myself included.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our new PM… on 15:19 - Oct 22 with 1171 viewsGuthrum

Our new PM… on 15:17 - Oct 22 by GlasgowBlue

Guido (I know) is running what they claim to be a reliable and live spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PRufWhh2YAoxPUJEXeVaEOe7rcT1IINOXijeLI6o

That currently has Johnson on 58, with another 15 undisclosed. That only gives him 71.

I still think this is a scare tactic to bring people in line who are frightened of deselection of he returns.

The likes of Charles Moore and Lord Frost have spoken against him returning and they are very close to him.

Will he be able to resist taking revenge against MPs who were responsible for his ousting (he wasn't in 2019 for those who defied him over Brexit)?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 15:19]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Our new PM… on 15:35 - Oct 22 with 1095 viewsSteve_M

Our new PM… on 15:17 - Oct 22 by GlasgowBlue

The cynicism in this claim is widespread:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Our new PM… on 15:39 - Oct 22 with 1053 viewsJ2BLUE

What are the chances BJ never officially announces he will run and then one of his most loyal minions puts out a statement that he had the backing of 90-95 MPs but just fell heroically short and he so badly wanted to serve the country but as he can't he is endorsing Mordaunt with the strong hint her government would give him a top job?

With the job being purely to get the members even more on her side with no intention from either of them on following through on it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Our new PM… on 16:17 - Oct 22 with 914 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our new PM… on 15:35 - Oct 22 by Steve_M

The cynicism in this claim is widespread:

Sunak now at 123. Johnson 72.

If Sunak could get to 179 (50% +1) then that should be an end to the contest.

Iron Lion Zion

Our new PM… on 16:26 - Oct 22 with 832 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our new PM… on 15:19 - Oct 22 by Lord_Lucan

The only way I can see Rishi winning is if he is the only one to get to the 100 - and if it looks like Penny and Boris will both fall short I can see them doing a deal.

I don't think Rishi is actually well liked by the members and like yourself I don't believe it is because of his skin colour but more that everyone thinks he is going to squeeze the pips out of people.

I don't think Jeremy Hunt has helped Rishi's cause by announcing that he may repeal the 3% defence proposal

I say this because Rishi may well keep Hunt as chancellor but Penny and Boris wouldn't - and I think defence is very important to a lot of voters - myself included.

Penny has no love for Johnson. He sacked her. She could deliver her supporters to Sunak and demand the Foreign Secretary job.

Iron Lion Zion

Our new PM… on 16:29 - Oct 22 with 811 viewsLord_Lucan

Our new PM… on 16:26 - Oct 22 by GlasgowBlue

Penny has no love for Johnson. He sacked her. She could deliver her supporters to Sunak and demand the Foreign Secretary job.

That's great but I think Rishi is dead in the water in a members vote and Boris will almost definitely get 100
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 16:30]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our new PM… on 17:02 - Oct 22 with 724 viewsfactual_blue

BBC has been told by boris's campaign he has 100 backers. BBC reckons about 50.

I know who I believe.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024