Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station 09:58 - Sep 15 with 2213 viewsloyalfan

How easy is it to get to Hillsborough from Sheffield train station? How long does it take?
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:02 - Sep 15 with 2195 viewsWeirdFishes

It’s not a walk, best bet is to walk into the centre and hop on the tram.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:02 - Sep 15 with 2190 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Its over an hour walk. Get a cab.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:03 - Sep 15 with 2189 viewsFreddies_Ears

Very easy. Either tram or bus, takes around 30 mins normally, but allow an hour as it'll be a bit busy. Always a queue for trams after the game.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:06 - Sep 15 with 2152 viewsMookamoo

Too long to walk. Plus its a northern walk with hills, not a Suffolk walk.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:29 - Sep 15 with 2067 viewsSteve_M

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:03 - Sep 15 by Freddies_Ears

Very easy. Either tram or bus, takes around 30 mins normally, but allow an hour as it'll be a bit busy. Always a queue for trams after the game.

If it's as busy as last year than walking back might be quicker (one of my friends beat me back to the Sheffield Tap walking whilst I waited for the tram).

It's only about 5km to walk so I might do that back, takes one of those to the tram stop anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 10:33 - Sep 15 with 2033 viewswoodbridge_blue

Tram from the back of the station to city centre, then change to another, get off at Leppings Lane stop, not Hillsborough. Frequent service and you should be able to get an all day ticket.

Bit of a scrum afterwards, if your train back is before 18.00 you might struggle.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 11:00 - Sep 15 with 1935 viewsHarlestonblue

Catch the blue tram route from Sheffield rail station direct to Leppings Lane.
My advice would be to get off at Shelesmoor and take the short walk to Kelham Island. Like Ipswich they have a Fat Cat pub and i like the Kelham Island Tavern. It's a fascinating old industrial area that has been regenerated with bars/cafes/pubs etc. Then go back to the tram stop and take the onward journey to Hillsborough, and Leppings Lane is your nearest tram stop.
The blue tram…. on 11:08 - Sep 15 with 1883 viewsBloots

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 11:00 - Sep 15 by Harlestonblue

My advice would be to get off at Shelesmoor and take the short walk to Kelham Island. Like Ipswich they have a Fat Cat pub and i like the Kelham Island Tavern. It's a fascinating old industrial area that has been regenerated with bars/cafes/pubs etc. Then go back to the tram stop and take the onward journey to Hillsborough, and Leppings Lane is your nearest tram stop.

…doesn’t go to Leppings Lane.

You need to get the yellow line from the city centre.

Getting the tram back from Leppings Lane can be a bit chaotic after the match.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

The blue tram…. on 11:30 - Sep 15 with 1804 viewsWalkley_owl

The blue tram…. on 11:08 - Sep 15 by Bloots

…doesn’t go to Leppings Lane.

You need to get the yellow line from the city centre.

Getting the tram back from Leppings Lane can be a bit chaotic after the match.

Get either the blue or yellow tram from the city centre to Shalesmoor then enjoy the delights of Kelham Island!

Go back to the same tram stop and get the yellow tram it stops a 2 minute walk from the stadium.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 12:28 - Sep 15 with 1683 viewsHarlestonblue

I stand corrected, thank you. It's the yellow line from the station to Leppings Lane and for the pubs i recommended alight at Shalesmoor.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 12:40 - Sep 15 with 1610 viewsWalkley_owl

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 12:28 - Sep 15 by Harlestonblue

I stand corrected, thank you. It's the yellow line from the station to Leppings Lane and for the pubs i recommended alight at Shalesmoor.

You are incorrect Harleston, the yellow tram does not run from the Station.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 13:18 - Sep 15 with 1503 viewswoodbridge_blue

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 12:40 - Sep 15 by Walkley_owl

You are incorrect Harleston, the yellow tram does not run from the Station.

Blue or purple line from Station to city centre.

Yellow from city centre to Leppings Lane.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 13:26 - Sep 15 with 1465 viewsloyalfan

Thanks everyone! Think it might be a case of follow the crowd on the way to Hillsborough and a brisk walk to the train station after the match.
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 13:34 - Sep 15 with 1455 viewsWalkley_owl

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 13:18 - Sep 15 by woodbridge_blue

Blue or purple line from Station to city centre.

Yellow from city centre to Leppings Lane.

You can get the blue line from the Station to Hillsborough centre itself, then it's either wait for the yellow tram to take you two stops or walk 10 minutes!
Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 13:40 - Sep 15 with 1430 viewsOldsmoker

The Fat Cat is a good pub, great ales etc. but has a small bar area.
It won't fit more than 30 so you'll all be on the pavement outside.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 17:30 - Sep 15 with 1229 viewsbluelagos

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 13:40 - Sep 15 by Oldsmoker

The Fat Cat is a good pub, great ales etc. but has a small bar area.
It won't fit more than 30 so you'll all be on the pavement outside.

Is that still going? Was one of my favourite spots when I was student there well over 30 years ago.

Reading this thread I feel very old not knowing any of the transport links people are on about.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Getting to Hillsborough from Train Station on 17:48 - Sep 15 with 1199 viewssoupytwist

Tram from City Centre as per other posters' instructions. I got to the ground earlier than anticipated last season and went to this pub for a couple of pints beforehand.

- https://goo.gl/maps/7E3gJxpVekPTKZuk7

Ten minutes walk from the ground, civilised mixture of home and away fans, decent beer, cash payment only and don't linger at the bar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024