Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories 08:10 - Sep 4 with 12262 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Many household names here. I'm going to be changing some buying habits and emailing to let them know why.

This could become massive for them as the cost of living crisis bites.

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:21 - Sep 4 with 8668 viewssolomon

Another good reason to avoid Asda.
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:32 - Sep 4 with 8619 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:21 - Sep 4 by solomon

Another good reason to avoid Asda.

I think what they have done with their value range (extended it and made it stand out in every store) is really great but now I see they helped cause this in the first place. Iceland as well! Incredible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:40 - Sep 4 with 8554 viewsGlasgowBlue

I stand to be corrected here but I thought it was Moonpig founder Nick Jenkins who donated to the Tories and not Moonpig themselves.

Nick Jenkins sold moonpig in 2011 and doesn’t have any involvement in the business.

As I say, I could be mistaken, but it’s a bit harsh to boycott companies based on the political donations of their previous directors.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:41 - Sep 4 with 8575 viewsMeadowlark

I couldn't find the list......and I would be interested.
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:54 - Sep 4 with 8524 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I won’t be buying another McLaren then…
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:58 - Sep 4 with 8459 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:32 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

I think what they have done with their value range (extended it and made it stand out in every store) is really great but now I see they helped cause this in the first place. Iceland as well! Incredible.

According to this list from the Guardian it is Asda’s former chief operating officer, Richard Baker, who is a Tory donor. I dint think Baker is involved in Asda anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/apr/01/tory-100-industr

Iron Lion Zion

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:02 - Sep 4 with 8426 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:54 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Ron Dennis' left McLaren in 2017. He was forced out by his fellow shareholders so you’ll be in ethically safe ground when you buy your next McLaren 😉

Iron Lion Zion

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:03 - Sep 4 with 8454 viewsmeekreech

Do you support the donations from the arrogant trade unions who have been shown to be greedy beyond belief and unaware of the damage they do peoples lives.
When they become responsible in their attitudes to people then you can complain about people who support a different point of view.
There are also companies and individuals who donate to the labour party so please show us that list, or would that be against your argument?

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:03 - Sep 4 with 8448 viewslowhouseblue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:54 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

and you'd really expect better of annabel's in berkeley square. what were they thinking.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 9:09]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:04 - Sep 4 with 8442 viewschicoazul

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:03 - Sep 4 by meekreech

Do you support the donations from the arrogant trade unions who have been shown to be greedy beyond belief and unaware of the damage they do peoples lives.
When they become responsible in their attitudes to people then you can complain about people who support a different point of view.
There are also companies and individuals who donate to the labour party so please show us that list, or would that be against your argument?

In what way is wanting a pay rise to keep up with the enormous inflation we see “greedy beyond belief” you plum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:11 - Sep 4 with 8370 viewsGlasgowBlue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:03 - Sep 4 by meekreech

That’s a bit daft. The Labour Party grew out of the Trades Union Movement.

The whole idea of trades union sis to get better working conditions for its members. That’s a natural fit with what Labour should stand for.

Iron Lion Zion

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:14 - Sep 4 with 8371 viewsMullet

Can you explain that in reference to the current government's lack of arrogance and greed?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:21 - Sep 4 with 8271 viewsnoggin

Gatwick Airport. So where should I park for home games now?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:24 - Sep 4 with 8243 viewslongtimefan

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:21 - Sep 4 by noggin

Gatwick Airport. So where should I park for home games now?

Looks like you shouldn’t come home at all as all the airports seem to be covered, either individually or through BAA. Don’t think about flying on an Airbus either.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 9:26]
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:29 - Sep 4 with 8183 viewsJ2BLUE

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:58 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

According to this list from the Guardian it is Asda’s former chief operating officer, Richard Baker, who is a Tory donor. I dint think Baker is involved in Asda anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/apr/01/tory-100-industr

That will teach me for not fact checking. Cheers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:29 - Sep 4 with 8174 viewsDarth_Koont

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:04 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

In what way is wanting a pay rise to keep up with the enormous inflation we see “greedy beyond belief” you plum.

To be fair, trade unionists and workers have been taking a kicking until the middle class also started to feel the effects of living costs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 8119 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 08:41 - Sep 4 by Meadowlark

I couldn't find the list......and I would be interested.

Copied and pasted from the link on tweet:

Addison Lee (via founder John Griffin)

Airbus Group Ltd

Airport Park & Ride Ltd

Alfred Dunhill Ltd

Allinson’s (bread — owned by Associated British Foods)

Alton Towers (owned by Prestbury property firm)

Amey Group Services Ltd

Annabel’s (Berkeley Square) Ltd

Asda Property Holdings

ASDA Stores Ltd

Askey’s (ice cream — owned by Associated British Foods)

Associated British Foods

AXA Trading Limited

BAA Airports Ltd

Balfour Beatty

Beds and Bars Ltd

Bell Pottinger Communications Ltd

Berkeley Homes (housebuilder)

Bestway (cash and carry)

Betfair Ltd

Bicester Shopping Village

Billington’s (sugar — owned by Associated British Foods)

Birmingham Airport Ltd

Bloomberg (media group)

Boden (online and catalogue retailer)

Caledonia Investments

Calor Gas Ltd

Cameron Mackintosh (theatre company: Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, Oliver!, Miss Saigon, Cats and Hamilton)

Canary Wharf Group (property)

Carlton Television (via boss Michael Green)

Carphone Warehouse

Caxton Associates (via boss Andrew Law)

CityLink (via boss Jon Moulton)

Claridge’s Hotel

Clinton Cards (donations to individual MPs of which this is an example)

Cobra Beer

Country House Weddings Ltd

Crusha (milkshakes — owned by Associated British Foods)

CVC Capital Partners (via co-founder Bruce Hardy McLain)

Delamere Dairy

DFS Furniture (historical — Tory donor Lord Graham Kirkham lost control in 2013)

Dorset Cereals (owned by Associated British Foods)

Dow Investments plc

Dunelm (owner Bill Adderly donated £500,000 to the Tory 2019 election campaign)

Dyson (household appliance manufacturer)

EADS UK

E.On (gas and electricity supplier)

Express Newspapers

Flamingo Land (Yorkshire theme park)

Garden Centre Group

Gatwick Airport

GCH Capital (manufacturing and distribution)

Genix Healthcare (NHS and private dental clinics)

Ginsters (pasty and pie manufacturer, owned by Tory donors Samworth Brothers)

Golden Wonder (crisps)

Heathrow Airport

Hooch (drink, owned by Tory donor Global Brands Ltd)

Iceland (supermarket)

Imperial London Hotels Ltd

Jacksons of Piccadilly (tea — owned by Associated British Foods)

JCB (construction, but has also licenced hundreds of other products)

Jordans (cereals — owned by Associated British Foods)

JP Morgan Cazenove (via former chairman David Mayhew)

Kingsmill (bread — owned by Associated British Foods)

Kurt Geiger (shoemakers)

LNT Group (boss Lawrence Tomlinson donated £40,500 to 13 Tory candidates in 2019 election)

The London Cabaret Club

Lycamobile (SIM card company)

McLaren (automotive)

Meggitt (aerospace engineering)

Melton Mowbray pies (owned by Tory donors Samworth Brothers)

Microsoft Ltd (UK branch of the US corporation. This could be tricky as I expect we all have Microsoft products!)

Moonpig.com

Mothercare

National Express

New Cross Nursing Group Ltd (nurse agency)

Next

Nielsen Massey (vanilla and food flavourings — owned by Associated British Foods)

Numis (investment banker)

Ocado

Ovaltine (owned by Associated British Foods)

OVO Energy (through managing director Stephen Fitzpatrick)

Palantir

Parabis Group (legal & professional services)

Patak’s (owned by Associated British Foods)

Petrofac (via chairman Ayman Asfari)

Pimlico Plumbers

Powerleague (five-a-side football group)

Radnor Hills Mineral Water

Frederic Robinson Ltd (owns Robinson Breweries and 280 pubs in the North West, producer of bottled and cask beers)

Ryvita (owned by Associated British Foods)

Sainsbury’s (supermarket) (due to donations by Tory Lord John Sainsbury, the company’s president, totalling more than £1 million between 2001 and 2017. There is also a Lord David Sainsbury who donated £8 million to the Liberal Democrats — but his holdings in the firm are now managed as a ‘blind’ trust to prevent any conflict of interest with his political career.)

Scottish Power (although this firm seems confused and has also given to Labour)

Selfridges (department store)

Serco

Shop Direct

Silver Spoon (suger manufacturer, owned by Associated British Foods)

Soreen Malt Loaf (owned by Tory donors Samworth Brothers)

The Spectator (magazine, via former owner Sir Henry Keswick)

Speedibake (bakery products — owned by Associated British Foods)

The Sun (newspaper (it says))

Sunblest (bread — owned by Associated British Foods)

Tate & Lyle (sugar manufacturer)

Telecom Plus

Tempcover (car insurer)

Towergate Partnership (insurance/financial)

Truvia (sweeteners — owned by Associated British Foods)

Tullow Oil

Twinings (tea manufacturer, owned by Associated British Foods)

Tyrells (crisps)

Veetee Rice (food)

VK (alcopop owned by Tory donor Global Brands Ltd)

Warburtons (bread manufacturer)

Wates (construction)

Westfield (shopping centre operator)

Wetherspoons (pub chain)

Wittington Investments (food)

Wren Kitchens

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:44 - Sep 4 with 8063 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:29 - Sep 4 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, trade unionists and workers have been taking a kicking until the middle class also started to feel the effects of living costs.

How do you define middle class? Or do you mean middle earners? There will be railway workers and train drivers earning much more than the traditional middle class, such as teachers and civil servants.

It’s an outdated concept. There are skilled tradesmen who define themselves as working class earning very good incomes.
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:52 - Sep 4 with 8014 viewsDarth_Koont

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:44 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

How do you define middle class? Or do you mean middle earners? There will be railway workers and train drivers earning much more than the traditional middle class, such as teachers and civil servants.

It’s an outdated concept. There are skilled tradesmen who define themselves as working class earning very good incomes.

We’ve had wage stagnation and a low minimum wage for well over a decade. Plus austerity. Plus trade unions being demonised for fighting for better pay and conditions throughout that time.

I don’t remember many people caring that much or supporting those looking to change that. Now that cost of living is affecting a majority of society the mood has definitely shifted.

As a country, we don’t really seem to shift into gear until we’re personally affected. But a bit more empathy and compassion needed. And not least the understanding that devaluing people’s lives devalues all lives in a society in the end.

Pronouns: He/Him

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:01 - Sep 4 with 7962 viewsleitrimblue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:33 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

Airbus Group Ltd

Airport Park & Ride Ltd

Alfred Dunhill Ltd

Amey Group Services Ltd

Asda Property Holdings

ASDA Stores Ltd

Associated British Foods

AXA Trading Limited

BAA Airports Ltd

Balfour Beatty

Beds and Bars Ltd

Bestway (cash and carry)

Betfair Ltd

Birmingham Airport Ltd

Bloomberg (media group)

Caledonia Investments

Calor Gas Ltd

Cameron Mackintosh (theatre company: Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, Mary Poppins, Oliver!, Miss Saigon, Cats and Hamilton)

Carphone Warehouse

Claridge’s Hotel

Cobra Beer

Delamere Dairy

DFS Furniture (historical — Tory donor Lord Graham Kirkham lost control in 2013)

Dow Investments plc

EADS UK

Express Newspapers

Garden Centre Group

Gatwick Airport

Golden Wonder (crisps)

Heathrow Airport

Iceland (supermarket)

Kurt Geiger (shoemakers)

LNT Group (boss Lawrence Tomlinson donated £40,500 to 13 Tory candidates in 2019 election)

The London Cabaret Club

McLaren (automotive)

Microsoft Ltd (UK branch of the US corporation. This could be tricky as I expect we all have Microsoft products!)

Moonpig.com

Mothercare

National Express

Next

Nielsen Massey (vanilla and food flavourings — owned by Associated British Foods)

Ocado

Palantir

Pimlico Plumbers

Frederic Robinson Ltd (owns Robinson Breweries and 280 pubs in the North West, producer of bottled and cask beers)

Sainsbury’s (supermarket) (due to donations by Tory Lord John Sainsbury, the company’s president, totalling more than £1 million between 2001 and 2017. There is also a Lord David Sainsbury who donated £8 million to the Liberal Democrats — but his holdings in the firm are now managed as a ‘blind’ trust to prevent any conflict of interest with his political career.)

Serco

Shop Direct

Telecom Plus

Tempcover (car insurer)

Tullow Oil

Tyrells (crisps)

Veetee Rice (food)

Wates (construction)

Wetherspoons (pub chain)

Wren Kitchens

I could never boycott Ginsters or Melton Mowbray pies! So relived that Barr and Tunnocks not on the list of shame
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:02 - Sep 4 with 7950 viewsRyorry

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 09:33 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

Airbus Group Ltd

Airport Park & Ride Ltd

Alfred Dunhill Ltd

Amey Group Services Ltd

Asda Property Holdings

ASDA Stores Ltd

Associated British Foods

AXA Trading Limited

BAA Airports Ltd

Balfour Beatty

Beds and Bars Ltd

Bestway (cash and carry)

Betfair Ltd

Birmingham Airport Ltd

Bloomberg (media group)

Caledonia Investments

Calor Gas Ltd

Carphone Warehouse

Claridge’s Hotel

Cobra Beer

Delamere Dairy

Dow Investments plc

EADS UK

Express Newspapers

Garden Centre Group

Gatwick Airport

Golden Wonder (crisps)

Heathrow Airport

Iceland (supermarket)

Kurt Geiger (shoemakers)

The London Cabaret Club

McLaren (automotive)

Moonpig.com

Mothercare

National Express

Next

Ocado

Palantir

Pimlico Plumbers

Serco

Shop Direct

Telecom Plus

Tempcover (car insurer)

Tullow Oil

Tyrells (crisps)

Veetee Rice (food)

Wates (construction)

Wetherspoons (pub chain)

Wren Kitchens

Billingtons' sugar will be easy to replace; Asda mobile PAYG, Sainsburys, Ocado & Dorset Cereals Simply Oats Granola less so!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 10:04]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:09 - Sep 4 with 7922 viewsleitrimblue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:02 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Billingtons' sugar will be easy to replace; Asda mobile PAYG, Sainsburys, Ocado & Dorset Cereals Simply Oats Granola less so!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 10:04]

Any ideas for alternative pastie an pork pie suppliers Ryorry?
Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:11 - Sep 4 with 7909 viewsWeWereZombies

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:01 - Sep 4 by leitrimblue

I could never boycott Ginsters or Melton Mowbray pies! So relived that Barr and Tunnocks not on the list of shame

Sadly, the last time I looked, Tunnocks use palm oil; so they remain on my boycott list for that reason.

At least we know the answer to that perennial question 'Who ate all the pies ?' if everyone else on the forum follows the boycott of the named companies...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:14 - Sep 4 with 7885 viewsRyorry

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:09 - Sep 4 by leitrimblue

Any ideas for alternative pastie an pork pie suppliers Ryorry?

They're items I never eat, so I'm afraid not!

Used to love a good porkie pie from local butchers though, maybe go on a 'pie crawl' research trip?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:14 - Sep 4 with 7880 viewsleitrimblue

Here's a list of companies who donate to the Tories on 10:11 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

Sadly, the last time I looked, Tunnocks use palm oil; so they remain on my boycott list for that reason.

At least we know the answer to that perennial question 'Who ate all the pies ?' if everyone else on the forum follows the boycott of the named companies...

Feck me! You don't by any chance have a non palm oil teacake recipe on yer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024