Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baggott watch 10:04 - Aug 15 with 3513 viewsVaughan8

Went to see Tranmere vs GIllingham at the weekend.

Baggott was fairly anonymous in the first half which is good for a centre back. However second half he was run ragged by Tranmeres forwards, got a yellow for a synical foul, and was part of a 3 way mistake for Tranmere's first goal.

Definitely didn't look like he is ready for us yet but a season in League 2 will do him good. I appreciate its only his 3rd game so i'm not slagging him off, just looks very raw!
Baggott watch on 10:07 - Aug 15 with 3427 viewsjayessess

He'd been very good in his previous 3 fixtures, so hopefully just a bump in the road!

Some Indonesian fans have been clipping up all his touches so if you put Baggott into Youtube, you can get a summary of all his performances.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Baggott watch on 10:07 - Aug 15 with 3421 viewsChurchman

He needs week in week out football and all the rough and tumble competitive L2 will give him. It’s great experience and hopefully he will come back a better, stronger player.
Baggott watch on 10:11 - Aug 15 with 3351 viewsunstableblue

Had heard good reports from his first few games.. maybe Tranmere attack were a sterner test

Great experience for him..I think he's the real deal

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Baggott watch on 10:12 - Aug 15 with 3360 viewsclive_baker

Baggott watch on 10:07 - Aug 15 by Churchman

He needs week in week out football and all the rough and tumble competitive L2 will give him. It’s great experience and hopefully he will come back a better, stronger player.

It's a great loan for him, hopefully he continues to start for them because a full season in, as you say, the rough and tumble of L2 is about as perfect as you can get for his development right now. Not to mention the fact he's playing and training under Neil Harris who has of course managed at a much higher level, but also wasn't a bad forward himself.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Baggott watch on 00:29 - Aug 16 with 2459 viewsBigCommon

He had a nightmare, from the highlights.... Was at fault for Tranmere's first goal, and then that mix up for their second... Just one of those games.
Tbf he isn't surrounded by quality in that Gill's side.
He'd had two really solid games before Tranmere..
Think the whole point of a loan is to experience those sort of games, and learn from them.
The "Gills in the blood" pod cast on YT is a pretty decent, honest watch. If anyone wants to keep tabs on Baggot...
Shame about Saturday. He looked like he was starting to settle and be a bit more consistent. He also made a few mistakes that led to goals in some of their friendlies, pre season.. But tbf, they look like a team that needs to gel (urgh) a little bit... Judging by the review on Gills in the blood. Quite a few of their side , didn't show up against Tranmere..
Baggott watch on 13:11 - Aug 16 with 2051 viewsChrisd

It's also important to remember that was one game. We've got players in our current squad that don't always play well who are far more experienced. I think back to Davis' first game against Bolton and some were already writing him off and questioning why we paid £1m for him? Baggott is a young footballer, he's going to make mistakes, he's learning his trade. I know you aren't slagging Baggott off, I suppose what I'm saying is judge him over a number of games not just one 'iffy' display.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 14:46]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Baggott watch on 14:51 - Aug 16 with 1855 viewsBigCommon

Baggott watch on 13:11 - Aug 16 by Chrisd

It's also important to remember that was one game. We've got players in our current squad that don't always play well who are far more experienced. I think back to Davis' first game against Bolton and some were already writing him off and questioning why we paid £1m for him? Baggott is a young footballer, he's going to make mistakes, he's learning his trade. I know you aren't slagging Baggott off, I suppose what I'm saying is judge him over a number of games not just one 'iffy' display.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 14:46]

I think a big part of a loan deal, is for character building. We already know that Baggot is good player in the making. He's got a bit of weight on his shoulders, considering he'll probably be judged a bit by Gill's fans, in comparison to Tucker, who they lost to MKD. And was a real rock for them.
The learning curve for a footballer, is not all about getting 9/10 rating every week and winning every game. It's also about learning to react well to set backs and growing mentally. I think it's a decent loan move for Elkan. I'm sure Harris will get Gill's going as the season progresses. They haven't really got going yet.
I'm not judging Baggot too harshly on any performances, or any of our other loanees either.. In fact, I'm quite the Baggot fan. I don't think anything bad can come from this loan, in terms of his overall development and experience gained. Lg2 will toughen him up, no doubt.
Baggott watch on 15:13 - Aug 16 with 1800 viewsChrisd

Baggott watch on 14:51 - Aug 16 by BigCommon

I think a big part of a loan deal, is for character building. We already know that Baggot is good player in the making. He's got a bit of weight on his shoulders, considering he'll probably be judged a bit by Gill's fans, in comparison to Tucker, who they lost to MKD. And was a real rock for them.
The learning curve for a footballer, is not all about getting 9/10 rating every week and winning every game. It's also about learning to react well to set backs and growing mentally. I think it's a decent loan move for Elkan. I'm sure Harris will get Gill's going as the season progresses. They haven't really got going yet.
I'm not judging Baggot too harshly on any performances, or any of our other loanees either.. In fact, I'm quite the Baggot fan. I don't think anything bad can come from this loan, in terms of his overall development and experience gained. Lg2 will toughen him up, no doubt.

I certainly agree with the points you've made, Baggott looks a good player with plenty of potential so hopefully this loan will help to iron out issues by assisting him to recognise his game more, gain that consistency in his performance and aid his decision making in a much more physically demanding brand of football than the U23s/U21s. Just being involved in that whole first team environment on a daily basis will be hugely demanding.

Just think sometimes fans are expecting players to be faultless week in, week out in their displays. They aren't, even the best make mistakes or have poor games, but they have far fewer of them so it isn't so prominent to us as supporters.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 15:19]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Baggott watch on 22:28 - Aug 16 with 1640 viewsSharkey

The Gillingham message board doesn't make happy reading tonight. One of the kinder comments starts "I know he's young, but...".
Baggott watch on 22:47 - Aug 16 with 1512 viewsBigCommon

Baggott watch on 22:28 - Aug 16 by Sharkey

The Gillingham message board doesn't make happy reading tonight. One of the kinder comments starts "I know he's young, but...".

Your post made me check their score tonight...0-2 at home.. I take it he struggled a bit then?

EDIT, Just had a look on sofascore and it look's like he had a decent game..
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 22:52]
Baggott watch on 01:03 - Aug 24 with 1168 viewsBigCommon

Two solid games on the bounce for Baggot this week. Both goalless draws for Gills, both home games. A 0-0 at home to Walsall in Lg2 on Saturday. Followed by another 0-0 at home to higher league opposition Exeter in the League Cup. Which Gills went on to win on penalties.
Looks like Harris has tried to tighten them up a bit, defensively. Given their wobbly start to the season.
Baggot's been averaging low 7's . And, as it stands, he's in Gill's top 3 performers, with an overall average rating of 7.15 for the season, so far. So a pretty solid start to his season long loan spell.
One or two early mistakes, in previous games. But looks to have shown good character to bounce back and be finding his groove. As well as trying to settle in around new team mates. Couple of clean sheets in a row, won't do any harm.. C'mon you Baggot.
(Stas from SOFASCORE.)
Baggott watch on 02:48 - Aug 24 with 1106 viewsStNeotsBlue

Baggott watch on 01:03 - Aug 24 by BigCommon

Two solid games on the bounce for Baggot this week. Both goalless draws for Gills, both home games. A 0-0 at home to Walsall in Lg2 on Saturday. Followed by another 0-0 at home to higher league opposition Exeter in the League Cup. Which Gills went on to win on penalties.
Looks like Harris has tried to tighten them up a bit, defensively. Given their wobbly start to the season.
Baggot's been averaging low 7's . And, as it stands, he's in Gill's top 3 performers, with an overall average rating of 7.15 for the season, so far. So a pretty solid start to his season long loan spell.
One or two early mistakes, in previous games. But looks to have shown good character to bounce back and be finding his groove. As well as trying to settle in around new team mates. Couple of clean sheets in a row, won't do any harm.. C'mon you Baggot.
(Stas from SOFASCORE.)

He was I the League 2 team of the week last week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024