Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving matches early 21:41 - Aug 11 with 3512 viewsBlueNote

I'm watching Dundee Utd getting thrashed 7 -0 by AZ Alkmaar, and the Utd fans started leaving in their droves when the sixth went in. It took me back to when we were losing 6 nil at Villa Park, midweek in a Littlewoods cup tie. I'm glad I stayed till the end, because I witnessed two brilliant late goals from Stockwell and Atkinson. Was anyone else there that night, and did you stay until the end?
Leaving matches early on 09:13 - Aug 12 with 506 viewsPlums

Leaving matches early on 21:57 - Aug 11 by BlueNote

Away at Barnsley, 3 down with 5 mins to go, and we sensationally score 3 times to salvage a draw. It would still haunt me to this day if I'd left that one early.

I was with my dad at that one. Thankfully, we were in the seats so I was able to stop him getting up and leaving as I said I’d paid for 90 and was watching 90. He didn’t learn his lesson but he never left early with me with him again.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leaving matches early on 09:16 - Aug 12 with 502 viewsEiffel78

Only left two matches early - a drab 0-0 with Derby in 2011 and the Colchester game on Tuesday, both times nothing to do with the game. Derby I had tickets for a gig in London that I didn't want to miss a second of, so planned to leave at 4.35. I remember driving away with Radio Suffolk on both wanting a winner and mot wanting to miss anything. Colchester was a family emergency; missed the goal as I was under the stand phoning my wife then left a couple of minutes later. Other than that, I won't leave even the worst match (5-0 at Anfield, 0-6 v Liverpool, 0-4 v Newcastle, 1-4 v Bolton twice...) until the final whistle.
Leaving matches early on 10:35 - Aug 12 with 448 viewsSWGF

Snowy Leicester match....still got stuck on A12 and didnt make it home

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Leaving matches early on 12:50 - Aug 12 with 423 viewsBlueBlood90

Leaving matches early on 09:16 - Aug 12 by Eiffel78

Only left two matches early - a drab 0-0 with Derby in 2011 and the Colchester game on Tuesday, both times nothing to do with the game. Derby I had tickets for a gig in London that I didn't want to miss a second of, so planned to leave at 4.35. I remember driving away with Radio Suffolk on both wanting a winner and mot wanting to miss anything. Colchester was a family emergency; missed the goal as I was under the stand phoning my wife then left a couple of minutes later. Other than that, I won't leave even the worst match (5-0 at Anfield, 0-6 v Liverpool, 0-4 v Newcastle, 1-4 v Bolton twice...) until the final whistle.

The 4-1 away at Bolton sprung to my mind. The one which virtually relegated us from the Prem. Stayed til the end but wish I hadn't!

Hope all is well regarding your family emergency.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Leaving matches early on 17:41 - Aug 12 with 374 viewsClareBlue

Leaving matches early on 22:32 - Aug 11 by blaggers

My then girlfriend (now wife) left the Bolton play-off game at Portman Road in the 89th minute. She was in tears thinking we were getting knocked out, and as she left she bawled "I can't go through this again"

We celebrated 20 years of marriage last month, and safe to say that topic comes up every year.

You do realise she was talking about the trawling for a suitable partners, getting to know someone new, seeing if they are compatible etc etc, and not the match.
Leaving matches early on 20:16 - Aug 12 with 351 viewsbrogansnose

I left just before Pablo scored the winner v Coventry but did rush up to join in the celebrations.

Never did it since.
Leaving matches early on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 338 viewsPJH

The only game that I ever left before it finished was one that I thought had finished.
It was at Leeds when we as good as relegated them from The Championship and their fans were on the pitch.
Firstly I did not think that there was any way that the game would restart and secondly I thought it was probably safer out of the ground than in it.
I was back at the coaches, as were a lot of others, when it became clear that the game would restart and I thought of going back inside but decided against it.
Leaving matches early on 10:02 - Aug 13 with 299 viewsalsagerblue

Leaving matches early on 21:07 - Aug 12 by PJH

The only game that I ever left before it finished was one that I thought had finished.
It was at Leeds when we as good as relegated them from The Championship and their fans were on the pitch.
Firstly I did not think that there was any way that the game would restart and secondly I thought it was probably safer out of the ground than in it.
I was back at the coaches, as were a lot of others, when it became clear that the game would restart and I thought of going back inside but decided against it.

I was at the same match and left early as you did as anticipated a pitch invasion by Leeds fans to attack us which is precisely what happened!
Login to get fewer ads

Leaving matches early on 10:39 - Aug 13 with 275 viewshillbillies

Leaving matches early on 10:02 - Aug 13 by alsagerblue

I was at the same match and left early as you did as anticipated a pitch invasion by Leeds fans to attack us which is precisely what happened!

Only time i've ever left a game early was the Peterborough 7-1. Left on 90 at 6-1 and heard a cheer while I was on the bridge and thought thank feck it's over. Only to receive a phone call to say it was 7-1
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 10:40]
Leaving matches early on 12:24 - Aug 13 with 235 viewsbraveblue

Leaving matches early on 21:57 - Aug 11 by BlueNote

Away at Barnsley, 3 down with 5 mins to go, and we sensationally score 3 times to salvage a draw. It would still haunt me to this day if I'd left that one early.

A lot did.
Leaving matches early on 12:26 - Aug 13 with 235 viewsJ2BLUE

Leaving matches early on 08:28 - Aug 12 by Funge

Pablo vs Cov was sublime.

Up the back of the North, they scored, we all swore profusely, many kicked seats, many left.

I stayed, despondent as hell... then a minute later lost my mind. Absolute pandemonium.

Believe the phrase the kids use is 'limbs', all of mine went in separate directions at once

Good times, makes me smile even now.

My dad got up to leave at 2-2. Me and my grandad refused to leave. He missed the goal and we took the piss all the way home.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024