Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leaving matches early 21:41 - Aug 11 with 3502 viewsBlueNote

I'm watching Dundee Utd getting thrashed 7 -0 by AZ Alkmaar, and the Utd fans started leaving in their droves when the sixth went in. It took me back to when we were losing 6 nil at Villa Park, midweek in a Littlewoods cup tie. I'm glad I stayed till the end, because I witnessed two brilliant late goals from Stockwell and Atkinson. Was anyone else there that night, and did you stay until the end?
Leaving matches early on 21:45 - Aug 11 with 2937 viewsMattinLondon

Off topic, as a kid I used to go to the football with a mate and his dad and they used to leave at the 80th minute. The number of times I heard the crowd roar was ludicrous. As a kid, I decided not to leave early when I was old enough to go with friends.
Leaving matches early on 21:57 - Aug 11 with 2856 viewsBlueNote

Away at Barnsley, 3 down with 5 mins to go, and we sensationally score 3 times to salvage a draw. It would still haunt me to this day if I'd left that one early.
Leaving matches early on 22:01 - Aug 11 with 2835 viewsKropotkin123

Leaving matches early on 21:57 - Aug 11 by BlueNote

Away at Barnsley, 3 down with 5 mins to go, and we sensationally score 3 times to salvage a draw. It would still haunt me to this day if I'd left that one early.

Some distant family members did that at that game. They lived in the Midlands too, so not like they were in a hurry back to Ipswich. As an Ipswich obsessed kid I couldn't understand it. Thankfully it didn't happen to me.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Leaving matches early on 22:08 - Aug 11 with 2807 viewshammo56

Yes was there and stayed until the end even though I had to be at work at 6 the following morning.
Leaving matches early on 22:15 - Aug 11 with 2784 viewsFtnfwest

We were on hols in n Yorkshire a few years ago when we were drawn away to donny in the league cup (only time we had a ‘cup run’ in the last 20 years). Ftnfwest jnr and I went to the game and left at full time when it was 1-1 although did see that bloke (name escapes me now) chuck his shirt into the crowd but then had to retrieve it for extra time. Then left and missed our 3 extra time goals. Well we were on hols and didn’t want to get back to N Yorks too late (was about an hour and a half’s drive)
Leaving matches early on 22:28 - Aug 11 with 2721 viewsdominiciawful

Leaving matches early on 22:15 - Aug 11 by Ftnfwest

We were on hols in n Yorkshire a few years ago when we were drawn away to donny in the league cup (only time we had a ‘cup run’ in the last 20 years). Ftnfwest jnr and I went to the game and left at full time when it was 1-1 although did see that bloke (name escapes me now) chuck his shirt into the crowd but then had to retrieve it for extra time. Then left and missed our 3 extra time goals. Well we were on hols and didn’t want to get back to N Yorks too late (was about an hour and a half’s drive)

Bit harsh to exclude our League Cup run of 2010/11.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Leaving matches early on 22:32 - Aug 11 with 2715 viewsblaggers

My then girlfriend (now wife) left the Bolton play-off game at Portman Road in the 89th minute. She was in tears thinking we were getting knocked out, and as she left she bawled "I can't go through this again"

We celebrated 20 years of marriage last month, and safe to say that topic comes up every year.

Poll: What happens next?

Leaving matches early on 22:32 - Aug 11 with 2708 viewsBlueNote

Gutted
Login to get fewer ads

Leaving matches early on 22:39 - Aug 11 with 2686 viewsIllinoisblue

Leaving matches early on 22:32 - Aug 11 by blaggers

My then girlfriend (now wife) left the Bolton play-off game at Portman Road in the 89th minute. She was in tears thinking we were getting knocked out, and as she left she bawled "I can't go through this again"

We celebrated 20 years of marriage last month, and safe to say that topic comes up every year.

Ouch. Where did she go? Home? Pub? Around the time she would have been leaving I was yelling and screaming in the direction of the director’s box calling Sheepshanks all the names under the sun. Not quite sure why i was blaming him but needed an outlet. Then Jim changed our lives.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leaving matches early on 23:23 - Aug 11 with 2576 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I was there that night.
Went with a bus full of Villa fans from Stratford on Avon as I was living there at the time. Lots of good natured piss taking on the trip back in my direction.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Leaving matches early on 23:46 - Aug 11 with 2533 viewsgainsboroughblue

West Brom away in Lyalls's first season. 1-0 down very late on. Humes equalised on something like 88 mins, then Thommo scored direct from a corner in injury time.

A couple of seasons previous, I wasn't there but we scored 2 goals in the last minute to best Swindon 3-2.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leaving matches early on 01:25 - Aug 12 with 2469 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Only game I've ever left early was the 9-0 at Old Trafford in 1995. The chants of "we want 10" started at around about the 7th goal and when the 9th went in (which was nearly at the end anyway) I'd had enough. Funny thing is we were doing ok until the first Utd goal, looked like it was going to be a close game. Don't regret leaving that one.
Leaving matches early on 02:16 - Aug 12 with 2445 viewsHipsterectomy

I stayed for the 7-1 Peterborough game and I still wonder why there isn’t a stand named after me

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Leaving matches early on 05:18 - Aug 12 with 2381 viewspennblue

Leaving matches early on 02:16 - Aug 12 by Hipsterectomy

I stayed for the 7-1 Peterborough game and I still wonder why there isn’t a stand named after me

You did well to stay to the end (I didn't).

I remember as soon as the 2nd went in going to get a burger and by the time I sat down it was 4!

Truly one of the worst displays ever, our number 5 who stopped running for their 4th, just jogging back, shocking.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Leaving matches early on 06:11 - Aug 12 with 2330 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Leaving matches early on 05:18 - Aug 12 by pennblue

You did well to stay to the end (I didn't).

I remember as soon as the 2nd went in going to get a burger and by the time I sat down it was 4!

Truly one of the worst displays ever, our number 5 who stopped running for their 4th, just jogging back, shocking.

Jack Ainsley's debut game for us, not a great debut.

Carson awful that game too. Martin and Smith both sent off.
Leaving matches early on 06:55 - Aug 12 with 2265 viewsSitfcB

Larsen Toure.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leaving matches early on 07:19 - Aug 12 with 2221 viewsFtnfwest

Leaving matches early on 06:55 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

Larsen Toure.

That’s the chap
Leaving matches early on 07:20 - Aug 12 with 2211 viewsFtnfwest

Leaving matches early on 22:28 - Aug 11 by dominiciawful

Bit harsh to exclude our League Cup run of 2010/11.

It was indeed. I guess it must be about the only time we’ve had one since. To be remembered for the played for 3-0 defeat at OT
Leaving matches early on 07:28 - Aug 12 with 2191 viewsBluebell

We have only ever left a game early if we are catching a train and the game is running late. That has happened a couple of times.

One other game we did leave early was at Leicester (I think it was when Paul Lambert was first in charge)

We were 5.0 down so decided to go. As we walked away there was a loud cheer. They had got goal number 6!
Leaving matches early on 07:54 - Aug 12 with 2144 viewsBlueBoots

I went to Spain vs Yugoslavia at Euro 2000 - in with the Spain fans as I have family from there. Yugoslavia went 3-2 up after 75 mins - a dad and his young son were sitting behind us, and the pair of them left with a couple of minutes to go...Spain score twice in injury time and win 4-3. 22 years later I'm still wondering whether the son has forgiven his dad yet!

[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 7:59]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Leaving matches early on 08:03 - Aug 12 with 2111 viewsSitfcB

Leaving matches early on 07:28 - Aug 12 by Bluebell

We have only ever left a game early if we are catching a train and the game is running late. That has happened a couple of times.

One other game we did leave early was at Leicester (I think it was when Paul Lambert was first in charge)

We were 5.0 down so decided to go. As we walked away there was a loud cheer. They had got goal number 6!

That was Mick’s 3rd game I think!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leaving matches early on 08:28 - Aug 12 with 2054 viewsFunge

Pablo vs Cov was sublime.

Up the back of the North, they scored, we all swore profusely, many kicked seats, many left.

I stayed, despondent as hell... then a minute later lost my mind. Absolute pandemonium.

Believe the phrase the kids use is 'limbs', all of mine went in separate directions at once

Good times, makes me smile even now.
Leaving matches early on 08:30 - Aug 12 with 2044 viewsITFC_Forever

Leaving matches early on 23:46 - Aug 11 by gainsboroughblue

West Brom away in Lyalls's first season. 1-0 down very late on. Humes equalised on something like 88 mins, then Thommo scored direct from a corner in injury time.

A couple of seasons previous, I wasn't there but we scored 2 goals in the last minute to best Swindon 3-2.

I was at that one.... the goals were at the far end of the stadium from where the Town fans were, and it took a couple of seconds to work out that we had scored what turned out to be the winner.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leaving matches early on 08:32 - Aug 12 with 2029 viewsBluebell

Leaving matches early on 08:03 - Aug 12 by SitfcB

That was Mick’s 3rd game I think!

Was it that long ago? I suppose when you think how long Leicester have been in the Prem you are right.

Memory going in my old age!
Leaving matches early on 08:32 - Aug 12 with 2027 viewsITFC_Forever

Leaving matches early on 01:25 - Aug 12 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Only game I've ever left early was the 9-0 at Old Trafford in 1995. The chants of "we want 10" started at around about the 7th goal and when the 9th went in (which was nearly at the end anyway) I'd had enough. Funny thing is we were doing ok until the first Utd goal, looked like it was going to be a close game. Don't regret leaving that one.

I was at that one too.

Turned to my mate when Utd got to 7 and said this is going to be one of those "I was there days".

Will never forget the roar from the home fans when we kicked off again after the 9th goal as they wanted 10.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024