Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
August 09:57 - Aug 1 with 1175 viewsjayessess

Usual monthly what will get/what do we need thread. Month of August, 5 league games:
Forest Green (A)
MK Dons (H)
Burton (A)
Shrewsbury (A)
Barnsley (H)

Minimum: Important early season to keep above 1.5 points per game as a minimum - so that's 8 points from these fixtures.

Prediction: Reckon we'll stuff up an away game and a draw one, win one of the tricky home games. 10 points.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 10:33]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

August on 10:00 - Aug 1 with 1150 viewsMetal_Hacker

Forest Green (A) Win
MK Dons (H) Draw
Burton (A) Win
Shrewsbury (A) Win
Barnsley (H) Win

Poll: If it were one or the other

August on 10:01 - Aug 1 with 1142 viewsSitfcB

Forest Green (A) WIN
MK Dons (H) DRAW
Burton (A) WIN
Shrewsbury (A) Draw
Barnsley (H) WIN
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 10:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

August on 10:13 - Aug 1 with 1072 viewsDMDC

August on 10:00 - Aug 1 by Metal_Hacker

Forest Green (A) Win
MK Dons (H) Draw
Burton (A) Win
Shrewsbury (A) Win
Barnsley (H) Win

ld like to think your outcome is correct, but Burton away wont be any cake walk and Barnsley will definitely give us a game. Mk dons is never easy so a draw would be about right there though.
August on 10:25 - Aug 1 with 1036 viewsMetal_Hacker

August on 10:13 - Aug 1 by DMDC

ld like to think your outcome is correct, but Burton away wont be any cake walk and Barnsley will definitely give us a game. Mk dons is never easy so a draw would be about right there though.

My theory with Barnsley being that they will be one of the teams that don't visit PR and shut up shop which makes me think the footballing side will win the game

Burton , we should have enough let's be fair

Last year's fixture was a mare in terms of where we were as a squad / starting XI

Poll: If it were one or the other

August on 10:31 - Aug 1 with 1019 viewsLankHenners

Interesting month of fixtures - two home games against expected promotion candidates, FGR first home game at this level so could lift their performance levels a bit, Burton the plainest case for 3 points and I think Shrewsbury will be a very awkward team this season, will be well organised and have made some decent additions.

Snap judgement on those five is we'll win at FGR and Burton, win one of the home games and draw against Shrewsbury and the other team at home so 11 points.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

August on 10:38 - Aug 1 with 957 viewsjayessess

August on 10:13 - Aug 1 by DMDC

Matchday One is often a bit of a red herring, but worth noting that MK Dons were pretty deservedly beaten at Cambridge. Barnsley also coughed up a lot of chances in being soundly beaten at Plymouth.

No guarantees that either shows up at Portman Road as anything like promotion contenders...

August on 10:39 - Aug 1 with 943 viewsJDB23

Anything less than 8 would be a bit of a disaster.

Forest Green (A) - Win
MK Dons (H) - Draw
Burton (A) - Win
Shrewsbury (A) - Draw
Barnsley (H) - Win
August on 11:29 - Aug 1 with 865 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We 100% need to be in the Top 6 at the end of August.

We haven't spent a single day in the playoffs under the current ownership, and need to get that monkey off our back.

Hoping for a win v Forest Green, and then put the same team out v Colchester to try to get some momentum going.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

August on 11:33 - Aug 1 with 848 viewsVaughan8

We shouldn't be losing any of these. Its just a matter of how many we end up drawing (or problem last season).

The home games seem to be the harder ones, but we have to be good at home to get anywhere so even if we draw 3 and win 2, thats 9 points, so that would be my minimum.
August on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 790 viewsJ2BLUE

Forest Green W
MK Dons D
Burton W
Shrewsbury W
Barnsley D

To be honest, I think we should be winning a minimum of 4 of those and there's an argument to be made that we should be winning all of them so I feel like i'm being generous saying dropping 4 points would be acceptable.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

August on 12:06 - Aug 1 with 741 viewsunstableblue

I stated in a below thread:

Bolton (h) - 1 point
Forest Green (a) - 3 point
Mk Dons (h) - 3 point
Burton (a) - 3 point
Shrews (a) - 3 point
Barnsley (h) - 1 point

A very ambitious 14! with the home 3 points perhaps coming either against Barnsley or MK

But its a 12 minimum for me. Shrews away might be tricky.

But would be great to be high up the table come the end of the month whilst the likes of Peterborough have a tough set of August fixtures (albeit they'll have 6 points come 5pm Saturday)

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

August on 08:31 - Sep 2 with 433 viewsjayessess

Well that went better than expected!
Hats off to Unstable Blue for exactly predicting the month of August...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024