Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inauspicious debuts 20:42 - Jul 30 with 2800 viewsGeoffSentence

For players who went on to be really good.

I recall Gaardsoe playing like a headless chicken in his frst game, but was really annoyed when we sold him for cheap to WBA as he as excellent after that.

Hopefully Davis progresses in a similar fashion.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Inauspicious debuts on 20:43 - Jul 30 with 2539 viewsVeggie

Aluko was widely ridiculed after his debut.

Conversely, Harper was seen as the messiah.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 20:44]
Inauspicious debuts on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 2509 viewsLord_Lucan

Muhren jumps to my mind immediately.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Inauspicious debuts on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 2507 viewsMullet

Treacle

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Inauspicious debuts on 20:48 - Jul 30 with 2483 viewsLord_Lucan

Inauspicious debuts on 20:45 - Jul 30 by Mullet

Treacle

I was gonna say him as well but I can’t remember his debut - all I can remember was that he was supposedly the lightweight signing of the two when we signed him and Paz.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Inauspicious debuts on 20:49 - Jul 30 with 2452 viewsMullet

Inauspicious debuts on 20:48 - Jul 30 by Lord_Lucan

I was gonna say him as well but I can’t remember his debut - all I can remember was that he was supposedly the lightweight signing of the two when we signed him and Paz.

Think it was so bad we didn't see him for a year. He was certainly billed as the other guy to translate for the star that was meant to be Paz

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Inauspicious debuts on 21:06 - Jul 30 with 2329 viewsernie

Inauspicious debuts on 20:49 - Jul 30 by Mullet

Think it was so bad we didn't see him for a year. He was certainly billed as the other guy to translate for the star that was meant to be Paz

Also vs. Bolton as it happens
Inauspicious debuts on 21:21 - Jul 30 with 2266 viewsCoastalblue

Inauspicious debuts on 21:06 - Jul 30 by ernie

Also vs. Bolton as it happens

and it was probably the worst debut ever. Think we lost 3-0? Never expected to see him in a Town shirt again.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Inauspicious debuts on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 2238 viewsTrumptonBlue

Taricco was no worse than anyone else that night imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Inauspicious debuts on 21:30 - Jul 30 with 2211 viewsRegencyBlue

I was surprised Davis started today.

He only got back from Australia last weekend, had all the signing hoops to go through at the start of the week and can’t have had much time training with the team before today. Given what we’ve spent on him he’s obviously going to get the left back spot but today was too early for him in my humble opinion.
Inauspicious debuts on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 2174 viewsCuffy81

Inauspicious debuts on 21:30 - Jul 30 by RegencyBlue

He only got back from Australia last weekend, had all the signing hoops to go through at the start of the week and can’t have had much time training with the team before today. Given what we’ve spent on him he’s obviously going to get the left back spot but today was too early for him in my humble opinion.

Agreed

I don't blame Davis, he was so far from being match ready, McK has to take responsibility for getting that one wrong.
Inauspicious debuts on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 2169 viewsVeggie

Yeah. A bit harsh on Leigh as well who has had a good pre-season (and actually played very well when he replaced Davis today).
Inauspicious debuts on 21:36 - Jul 30 with 2138 viewsPJH

Inauspicious debuts on 20:45 - Jul 30 by Lord_Lucan

Muhren jumps to my mind immediately.

Not entirely his fault though because the ball was very rarely on the ground in his vicinity that night.
Inauspicious debuts on 22:11 - Jul 30 with 2023 viewsPendejo

Didn't Mowbray have an awful debut? (v Wolves?)

Mark Fish.... What do you he didn't go on to have a great career at town?

Treacle

Walton?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 22:13]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Inauspicious debuts on 23:18 - Jul 30 with 1894 viewsExiled2Surrey

Inauspicious debuts on 22:11 - Jul 30 by Pendejo

Didn't Mowbray have an awful debut? (v Wolves?)

Mark Fish.... What do you he didn't go on to have a great career at town?

Treacle

Walton?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 22:13]

I was going to say Walton (again against Bolton) and didn’t Edmundson also make his debut in that game?
Inauspicious debuts on 03:50 - Jul 31 with 1598 viewsTractorTom5

He’s had all pre season with Leeds
IMO he is a raw talent and no better than Leigh or Penney
Time will tell but not impressed
Inauspicious debuts on 04:02 - Jul 31 with 1587 viewsTractorTom5

Very naive from Leif for that penalty
What a debut
Inauspicious debuts on 06:21 - Jul 31 with 1509 viewsElephantintheRoom

David Best

Nightmare debut - but went on to be by far the best goalie Ipswich ever had.

Mick Mills had a nightmare England debut against two things that no longer exist - Yugoslavia and a tricky winger. He wasn’t picked again for years.

He went on to captain England in the World Cup - the only player to do that unbeaten apart from Bobby Moore.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Inauspicious debuts on 07:29 - Jul 31 with 1441 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Delaney didn't have a great debut against Coventry but went on to do well. Coventry had pretty much wrapped up the game after 25 minutes that day.
Inauspicious debuts on 09:43 - Jul 31 with 1312 viewsPioneerBlue

Walton and Edmundson. Didn’t they debut in the Bolton debacle last season?!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Inauspicious debuts on 10:01 - Jul 31 with 1274 viewspointofblue

One thing in defence of Davis, is that the whole XI was a shambles for the first 20-25 minutes - even those who are bedded in at the club. Errors, mis-placed passes, wanting too long in possession, no attacking threat. And Bolton’s press was top notch, pinning us back with no time to breathe. By the time Leigh came on, Bolton were tiring; we had more space to play and time on the ball.

Same can be said with the comparison between Harness and John-Jules.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Inauspicious debuts on 10:03 - Jul 31 with 1262 viewstextbackup

Inauspicious debuts on 09:43 - Jul 31 by PioneerBlue

Walton and Edmundson. Didn’t they debut in the Bolton debacle last season?!

yep

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Inauspicious debuts on 10:18 - Jul 31 with 1224 viewsEly_Blue

Thinking back to the same fixture last season……… Waltons debut, I was thinking “what is all the hype” how short peoples memories are

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Inauspicious debuts on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 1209 viewspointofblue

Inauspicious debuts on 10:18 - Jul 31 by Ely_Blue

Thinking back to the same fixture last season……… Waltons debut, I was thinking “what is all the hype” how short peoples memories are

I was the same with Edmundson. We bought him in to strengthen the defence then conceded five, with him looking unimpressive. Why did we do it? And then…

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Inauspicious debuts on 10:29 - Jul 31 with 1194 viewsMookamoo

Daniel Karbassiyoon - came on and was way too small with a way too big shirt so his number was tucked into his shorts. The whole stand just looked at each other and there was a collective 'hmmm... nope.'
Inauspicious debuts on 12:12 - Jul 31 with 1116 viewsTractorTom5

Inauspicious debuts on 10:01 - Jul 31 by pointofblue

One thing in defence of Davis, is that the whole XI was a shambles for the first 20-25 minutes - even those who are bedded in at the club. Errors, mis-placed passes, wanting too long in possession, no attacking threat. And Bolton’s press was top notch, pinning us back with no time to breathe. By the time Leigh came on, Bolton were tiring; we had more space to play and time on the ball.

Same can be said with the comparison between Harness and John-Jules.

Very true the first 30 mins was rocky but if Penney had have done that he’d have been publicly stoned.
I personally prefer Leigh and Penney to Leif ( and having mates that are Leeds fans I think Leif will take a good while to adjust)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024