Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson situation 12:45 - Jul 25 with 7742 viewsringwoodblue

Surprisingly still no news on Simpson departing and no sign of a U-turn from McKenna to give him a go in our first team.

Is he really going to spend yet another season languishing in our U23s? Surely a L2 or lower L1 side could give him an opportunity in their first team?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Simpson situation on 12:50 - Jul 25 with 4943 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna isn't the one who needs to u-turn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Simpson situation on 12:58 - Jul 25 with 4838 viewsIpswichRising

I do wonder if teams are worried about his attitude having seen how he has reacted at Ipswich, also, I would not even play him in the U23's and let him train on his own, he will be yesterdays news come the end of the season.
Simpson situation on 13:03 - Jul 25 with 4770 viewsParky

If he doesn’t want to sign a contract, or a club doesn’t match our valuation then what else can the club do?

We’ll get compensation if he does just rot in the reserves for another season. Brutal, but I like it, shows that no youngster can bully us into getting what he wants.
Simpson situation on 13:04 - Jul 25 with 4747 viewsITFCBlues

Simpson situation on 12:58 - Jul 25 by IpswichRising

I do wonder if teams are worried about his attitude having seen how he has reacted at Ipswich, also, I would not even play him in the U23's and let him train on his own, he will be yesterdays news come the end of the season.

I think it's more to do with the fact we want a substantial fee for him!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Simpson situation on 13:12 - Jul 25 with 4644 viewsArnieM

The player and his agent have made his bed , so now he can go and lie on it. No player is bigger or better than this Club, and certainly not an unproven U23. The player clearly feels he is bigger and better than this Club, do we will get the best price for h8m before he goes off to rot in someone else’s reserves.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Simpson situation on 13:15 - Jul 25 with 4605 viewsMookamoo

It would be an interesting twist if he were to sign a new contract.

Not sure many could resolve the desire for another striker such as Hurst and also give Simpson a fair crack.

You have to assume they're looking for someone to compete with Ladapo and I'm not sure people actually want that person to be Simpson despite all the fluff about letting our youngsters go.
Simpson situation on 13:16 - Jul 25 with 4594 viewsBig_Jase

Simpson situation on 13:12 - Jul 25 by ArnieM

The player and his agent have made his bed , so now he can go and lie on it. No player is bigger or better than this Club, and certainly not an unproven U23. The player clearly feels he is bigger and better than this Club, do we will get the best price for h8m before he goes off to rot in someone else’s reserves.

Why are people so bitter about stuff like this, why do you want a young player to go and rot in someone’s reserves. He feels the club has messed him about and doesn’t want to sign a new deal, by all accounts and what people have said I don’t believe he was after a substantial increase. The attitude people have to players who want a move to either better themselves financially or in a football sense is so bizarre, do you feel the same towards people who move on at your workplace?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Simpson situation on 13:20 - Jul 25 with 4556 viewsArnieM

Simpson situation on 13:16 - Jul 25 by Big_Jase

Why are people so bitter about stuff like this, why do you want a young player to go and rot in someone’s reserves. He feels the club has messed him about and doesn’t want to sign a new deal, by all accounts and what people have said I don’t believe he was after a substantial increase. The attitude people have to players who want a move to either better themselves financially or in a football sense is so bizarre, do you feel the same towards people who move on at your workplace?

It’s about players being PROFESSIONAL. Fine to want a move, but be bloody professional. I understand his agent was trying to negotiate a deal with Swindon whilst he was on loan there . It’s Unprofessional. The club has spent a lot of money getting player to the level that they are and They deserve to get a return on that investment. As soon as players don’t get what they want, they throw their toys out of the pram and down tools. It’s unprofessional. They’d soon be telling all and sundry that they are a professional footballer. Well f lucking act like one then !
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 13:22]

Login to get fewer ads

Simpson situation on 13:23 - Jul 25 with 4488 viewsBig_Jase

Simpson situation on 13:20 - Jul 25 by ArnieM

It’s about players being PROFESSIONAL. Fine to want a move, but be bloody professional. I understand his agent was trying to negotiate a deal with Swindon whilst he was on loan there . It’s Unprofessional. The club has spent a lot of money getting player to the level that they are and They deserve to get a return on that investment. As soon as players don’t get what they want, they throw their toys out of the pram and down tools. It’s unprofessional. They’d soon be telling all and sundry that they are a professional footballer. Well f lucking act like one then !
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 13:22]

Christ you really are a bitter old fool aren’t you.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Simpson situation on 13:23 - Jul 25 with 4492 viewsclive_baker

If there's a stalemate between player / agent and club then there's not a huge amount that can be done without some willingness to bend. He won't sign what he's been offered by way of new contract, which is absolutely his prerogative, it's his life. The club won't offer him what he wants. Again that's entirely Ashton's prerogative given it's his budget to control, and he's perhaps keen to show a tough stance.

From what I understand both parties are expecting him to move on. Now it's a case of whether any club will be forthcoming with an offer that meets our valuation. I dare say if someone came in with a few hundred grand he would be gone tomorrow, but I presume, for all the talk of interest in him, they haven't. I'm sure from the clubs perspective they're quite happy to let him stay a year and it go to a tribunal given the numbers involved.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Simpson situation on 13:34 - Jul 25 with 4366 viewsArnieM

Simpson situation on 13:23 - Jul 25 by Big_Jase

Christ you really are a bitter old fool aren’t you.

Not at all. You don’t appear to have any standards or professionalism. It just decency. Of course if he wants to go. That’s fine,, but don’t expect the club just to roll over and say oh ok you can demand what you like and here it is . As Clive states the club has a budget for all its playing staff . He’s more important is he? So if he won’t sign the contract offered. ( which I’m sure is half decent), then he should expect wait until our valuation is met , or close to it. The clubs don’t appear to be lining up down PR do they!

If you decide to leave you r job because your demands for a pay rise are not met. That your right. But would you expect to leave the next day! Or would you expect to work your notice as per the terms of your contract. It’s the same for Simpson. He’s under contract. So perhaps you’re being the fool here! And I’ll thank you not to be agest. That’s discrimination btw!

Simpson situation on 13:55 - Jul 25 with 4201 viewsitfcsuth

A situation that helps nobody really.

Simpson wants out, we want a good fee. Feel the longer it goes on the more it hinders both sides. As his contract runs down we will get a lower fee in Jan, or he will leave on a free next year. Additionally Simpson likely to stagnate his career for a year, and his stock possible suitors likely to limit as well.

Signing a new deal and another loan would have been perfect, but if we can't meet on the finances so be it.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 13:55]
Simpson situation on 13:55 - Jul 25 with 4192 viewstopguy

Wasnt the media reports of loads of clubs interested in him, that might be true on a free or a low fee but hes contracted like it or not we have our value and those loads of clubs are not keen enough to come close, seems like his agent spun him a yarn based on a false prospectus, im afraid i see a year with no football and if hes lucky in 12 months prob end up in non league or at best L2 after being told CS are interested agents have a lot to answer for.
Simpson situation on 14:00 - Jul 25 with 4131 viewsBlueBlood90

Why should McKenna make a U-turn when Simpson himself hasn't? It sets a bad precedent if the club allows him to move on the cheap now.

If no one matches our valuation it's up to Simpson to play in the U23s (as he's paid to do) or commit to the club long term and work his way into McKenna's thinking.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Simpson situation on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 3942 viewsCoastalblue

Simpson situation on 13:55 - Jul 25 by itfcsuth

A situation that helps nobody really.

Simpson wants out, we want a good fee. Feel the longer it goes on the more it hinders both sides. As his contract runs down we will get a lower fee in Jan, or he will leave on a free next year. Additionally Simpson likely to stagnate his career for a year, and his stock possible suitors likely to limit as well.

Signing a new deal and another loan would have been perfect, but if we can't meet on the finances so be it.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 13:55]

Will he leave on a free or will it be compo assuming we've offered a contract?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Simpson situation on 14:24 - Jul 25 with 3939 viewshomer_123

Simpson situation on 13:16 - Jul 25 by Big_Jase

There are two sides to each story with the truth being somewhere between the two.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 14:25]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Simpson situation on 14:33 - Jul 25 with 3874 viewsjayessess

I expect we'll keep trying to extract a fee for him right up until the window shuts. If that doesn't transpire then we might revisit it (there's no suggestion he ever refused to train or play for us?) but even if we did, I can't really envisage any scenario where's he's anywhere near the top of the pecking order, nor would it be worth us giving him any game time in our development teams.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Simpson situation on 14:33 - Jul 25 with 3859 viewsitfcsuth

Simpson situation on 14:23 - Jul 25 by Coastalblue

Will he leave on a free or will it be compo assuming we've offered a contract?

I believe we would be due compensation on the assumption we have offered him a contract - which I believe we have.

How it is worked out and what level of compensation we'd receive I don't know - far too complex for me to get my head around.
Simpson situation on 14:34 - Jul 25 with 3847 viewsBluearmy71

Simpson situation on 12:50 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

McKenna isn't the one who needs to u-turn.

Pretty much what J2 has implied here, for me there is a big hole that can be filled by Simpson this season, stop listening to his agent, get out there and grab the chance and enjoy playing again!!
Simpson situation on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 3765 viewsjayessess

Simpson situation on 14:33 - Jul 25 by itfcsuth

I believe we would be due compensation on the assumption we have offered him a contract - which I believe we have.

How it is worked out and what level of compensation we'd receive I don't know - far too complex for me to get my head around.

If we can't agree a fee with the other club it goes to the Professional Football Compensation Committee.

The award given is supposed to be compensation for training, rather than a valuation of the player, although this explanation heavily implies that ability weighs in the decision:

https://level.law/news/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Simpson situation on 14:50 - Jul 25 with 3757 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure it has much to do with KMc. The impasse is between the club and Simpson. He's said he wants to go, Town have said he can when someone offers enough money. There seems little prospect of the contract situation being revisited. If he stays it would be a surprise if he features in the U23s, hasn't so far in pre-season and didn't at the end of last year.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Simpson situation on 15:14 - Jul 25 with 3597 viewsXYZ

Simpson situation on 14:24 - Jul 25 by homer_123

There are two sides to each story with the truth being somewhere between the two.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 14:25]

Such logic got Nigel Lawson a slot on the BBC talking bllocks about the climate crisis ...
Simpson situation on 19:12 - Jul 25 with 3251 viewsTexacoCup

Simpson situation on 14:50 - Jul 25 by PhilTWTD

Not sure it has much to do with KMc. The impasse is between the club and Simpson. He's said he wants to go, Town have said he can when someone offers enough money. There seems little prospect of the contract situation being revisited. If he stays it would be a surprise if he features in the U23s, hasn't so far in pre-season and didn't at the end of last year.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Is he training? If he stays and doesn't play for u23s what will he do, spend a year not playing?
Simpson situation on 19:34 - Jul 25 with 3185 viewsVeggie

Fair play to Ashton on this. He said the club would not be held hostage by players or agents. Looks like he’s using Simpson as an example to anyone else trying to do the same thing.
Simpson situation on 19:44 - Jul 25 with 3129 viewsPhilTWTD

Simpson situation on 19:12 - Jul 25 by TexacoCup

Is he training? If he stays and doesn't play for u23s what will he do, spend a year not playing?

I'm sure it won't come to that but I don't see him playing games with any side unless there's a big change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024