Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgruntled fans 13:55 - Jul 17 with 2052 viewsSir_Bob

There has been lots of posts recently from 'disgruntled fans'

They don't like the London away day lads
They don't like Stone Island
They don't like the C word
They don't like drunkenness
Don't like lads abusing failure
etc etc

Do these away day lads, fight? Use racism chants? Use homophobic chants? etc.. No they don't (I've not heard / seen them if they do).
They go and have a good day out following their team, who they love, in they way they enjoy. If they like to have a few beers and use the C-word and sing on the train, who are they hurting? Especially nowadays, people need a release on a Saturday.

The North Stand used to be a great place to go on a Saturday afternoon, now it's full of old woman and wet wipes who want to be in there, because it's the North stand, but don't want any of the old antics. We now even have to have a 'separate section' to sing because so many don't bother anymore. It never used to be like that, the whole stand used to sing!!

Disgruntled fans on 13:59 - Jul 17 with 2015 viewsBlueBadger

Nothing wrong with getting your 'release'. Just don't be a cock about it. Don't sing racist songs. Don't do homophobic chanting. Don't be a drunken pain in the arse.

Plus, we had a well publicised case here no so long ago of 'away day lads' being extremely homophobic and making fellow supporters' trips worse as a result.

https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/ipswich/sport/two-men-arrested-in-connection-with-

I respectfully suggest, that if you're feeling the need to get defensive about your behaviour on an away trip, it's not the 'disgruntled fans' who need to take a look at themselves.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 14:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disgruntled fans on 14:07 - Jul 17 with 1930 viewsWhos_blue

I wouldn't consider myself in any way a disgruntled fan.
I am a bit confused by this post though.
You mention everything that away day lads don't do, yet bemoan the fact the old antics have gone from the north stand.
What were the old antics?
The racism, homophobia and fighting, or is it just the singing?
Not looking for a row, just genuinely interested as a 25 yr veteran of the north stand.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Disgruntled fans on 14:09 - Jul 17 with 1898 viewsSwailsey

Zzzzzz

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Disgruntled fans on 14:10 - Jul 17 with 1888 viewsJ2BLUE

Disgruntled fans on 14:07 - Jul 17 by Whos_blue

I wouldn't consider myself in any way a disgruntled fan.
I am a bit confused by this post though.
You mention everything that away day lads don't do, yet bemoan the fact the old antics have gone from the north stand.
What were the old antics?
The racism, homophobia and fighting, or is it just the singing?
Not looking for a row, just genuinely interested as a 25 yr veteran of the north stand.

The singing point is fair enough.

The rest, not so much.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Disgruntled fans on 15:46 - Jul 17 with 1670 viewsIllinoisblue

“Lots of posts” really? Seen one in the last week.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Disgruntled fans on 15:58 - Jul 17 with 1644 viewsPlums

Disgruntled fans on 14:10 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

The singing point is fair enough.

The rest, not so much.

Is it though? The old North had a low roof and lots of singing but there was a sizeable part of the left hand side of the stand that rarely made a sound. As today, most of the noise came from a few hundred lads on the right hand side and middle with the sound amplified by that roof.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Disgruntled fans on 16:34 - Jul 17 with 1553 viewsSTYG

Yeah.

After a long stressful week at work, I do love to get beered up and scream the c word amongst innocent women and children on the train. Makes me feel hard and proud to be British.

Idiot.

I don’t think any fans have an issue with any other fans unless they are acting like the very word you seem to think is perfectly acceptable.

So maybe what you miss is c***s not being called out for being c***s? Which speaks for itself.
Disgruntled fans on 16:44 - Jul 17 with 1504 viewsKropotkin123

A group of "lads" were convicted and I believe banned from the club for homophobic chants which were posted by a "disgruntled fan" on here. So yes, they do use homophobic chants.

I like London away days. I like a rowdy atmosphere. You can bring that same energy without shouting the c word, JF, Delia, and spoiling for a fight with the opposition fans.

Maybe more people would join in if you stopped singing songs that people don't want to join in with.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Disgruntled fans on 16:55 - Jul 17 with 1439 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Times change. I can remember the North Stand and J block as a kid in the 90s and it was lively, 95% was male 18-30 and certain behavior was considered normal on terraces across the country. Britpop laddish culture was all the fashion. It seemed acceptable to be boozed up, exchange the odd coin throwing match with the A Block and say/sing what you wanted. I was young but witnessed plenty of it, that was just a societal thing, I guess?

In the generation before that it was likely the norm to fight your way out of the back of the stand. Anyone who is actually trying to be like that is just a bad imitation of what it used to be like anyway and bringing unwanted attention to themselves.

The 2000s still had a bit of that in the early prem days but it’s dead now.

I like a good cauldron like atmosphere, Portman Road doesn’t have that anymore but less than ten years ago you can see what it might be like (Norwich Semi Final) if we got good again. Even that’s along time ago now though and everyone I know from back in the day that still goes just has a couple of beers and stays out of the way.

In short everyone’s got older and behaves themselves, not really a bad thing. It’s good to have an atmosphere where people can be comfortable to bring their kids etc. The youngsters trying to make noise in the side of the stand, fair play to them but maybe they could have a little education about some better old school chants.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 16:57]
Disgruntled fans on 17:58 - Jul 17 with 1298 viewsSwansea_Blue

Disgruntled fans on 13:59 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Nothing wrong with getting your 'release'. Just don't be a cock about it. Don't sing racist songs. Don't do homophobic chanting. Don't be a drunken pain in the arse.

Plus, we had a well publicised case here no so long ago of 'away day lads' being extremely homophobic and making fellow supporters' trips worse as a result.

https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/ipswich/sport/two-men-arrested-in-connection-with-

I respectfully suggest, that if you're feeling the need to get defensive about your behaviour on an away trip, it's not the 'disgruntled fans' who need to take a look at themselves.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 14:02]

But being a cock about it is so in vogue. Unless you've manhandled Walton you've not really had the away day experience!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Disgruntled fans on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 1253 viewsjeera

"There has been lots of posts recently from 'disgruntled fans'".

No there hasn't.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Disgruntled fans on 18:17 - Jul 17 with 1227 viewsBlueBadger

Disgruntled fans on 15:46 - Jul 17 by Illinoisblue

“Lots of posts” really? Seen one in the last week.

'Not a fan of racism, homophobia or death wishes in chants' is quite a SPECIFIC definition of 'disgruntled'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Disgruntled fans on 19:16 - Jul 17 with 1118 viewsKropotkin123

Disgruntled fans on 18:17 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

'Not a fan of racism, homophobia or death wishes in chants' is quite a SPECIFIC definition of 'disgruntled'.

Yeah, but they've never seen it, so it doesn't happen, apparently.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Disgruntled fans on 19:34 - Jul 17 with 1082 viewsMullet

This is quite the blub. Sun got to you or have you been saving this up for a while?

You pretty much give away what you know to be impossible to defend.

"People need a release" is the cherry though. Beautiful.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Disgruntled fans on 19:49 - Jul 17 with 1040 viewsBlueBadger

Disgruntled fans on 19:34 - Jul 17 by Mullet

This is quite the blub. Sun got to you or have you been saving this up for a while?

You pretty much give away what you know to be impossible to defend.

"People need a release" is the cherry though. Beautiful.

I enjoyed the irony of his username coupled to his defence of the worst kinds of ungentlemanly behaviour.

Disgruntled fans on 21:07 - Jul 17 with 923 viewsVaughan8

Maybe when you grow up you might realise.

Going to games with children, to have constant f words, c words coming out is hardly a great place.to take them. Personally the odd one OK, but some people constantly saying stuff.

Ok the north stand lower you need to be 18 but it still happens in other areas and away games.

Also drink people who need the toilet every 5 mins is just as irritating as them mumbling obscenities.
I get it, Ipswich are rubbish and you need to be drink to what them.......but them what's the point haha
Disgruntled fans on 21:21 - Jul 17 with 871 viewsjontysnut

Disgruntled fans on 16:44 - Jul 17 by Kropotkin123

A group of "lads" were convicted and I believe banned from the club for homophobic chants which were posted by a "disgruntled fan" on here. So yes, they do use homophobic chants.

I like London away days. I like a rowdy atmosphere. You can bring that same energy without shouting the c word, JF, Delia, and spoiling for a fight with the opposition fans.

Maybe more people would join in if you stopped singing songs that people don't want to join in with.

I love a football day out on the train no matter who I'm going to see. I enjoy some breakfast beers and enjoy the crack. What I don't like doing is making other passengers' trip a misery. I've been on some trains where I've been embarrassed to be a football fan. And it's not just football. See also racing. And the very worst train I've ever been on involved middle aged Leicester rugby fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024