Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predictions for first line up of season 10:54 - Jun 24 with 1445 viewsHackneyblueboy

5 weeks tomorrow until the season starts. What does everyone think will be our line up on the first day of the season. I'm going for:

Walton
Donacien Fridge Woolf
Burns Morsy Evans Leigh
Chaplin Lapado Jackson

Aluko, Humphreys, Ball, GK, Ndaba, KVY, John Jules

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:09 - Jun 24 with 1381 viewswrightsrightglove

I’d make two changes to that I think (although I still think there’ll be two more in the door before the start of the season AM and Striker)

––––––––––-Walton
–––––-JD–––––LW––––-GE
–Burns––––––––––––––––-Leigh
––––––––Ball––––-Morsy
–––––Chaplin–––––––Aluko
––––––––––-Ladapo
Predictions for first line up of season on 11:14 - Jun 24 with 1364 viewsMoisha

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:09 - Jun 24 by wrightsrightglove

I’d make two changes to that I think (although I still think there’ll be two more in the door before the start of the season AM and Striker)

––––––––––-Walton
–––––-JD–––––LW––––-GE
––––––––Ball––––-Morsy
–––––Chaplin–––––––Aluko
––––––––––-Ladapo

Aren’t Ball and Morsy similar players?

I’d like to see Jackson and Ladapo, with Chaplin behind
Predictions for first line up of season on 11:23 - Jun 24 with 1328 viewsclive_baker

I'll play the percentages and stick with the back 3 / 5 but I'm not convinced we're as wedded to it as people think. Deffo Wolf in the middle of the 3 for me. Ball in for Evans. I'll go Celina, I think he'll probably come back later in the window if there's no interest from elsewhere.

Walton
Donacien Woolf Edmundson (if fit, otherwise Burgess)
Burns Morsy Ball Leigh
Chaplin Celina
Ladapo

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:26 - Jun 24 with 1312 viewsclive_baker

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:14 - Jun 24 by Moisha

Towards the end of last season Morsy was getting much further forward, more advanced of the 2 with Bakinson sitting. I think Ball is very much that sort of enforcer, so his presence might unlock Morsy to push on. Not sure where it would leave Evans, unless he plays all 3 in there with Chaplin. Would certainly bring a lot of energy.

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:34 - Jun 24 with 1266 viewsfinidi_whooah

Walton
JD Woolf Edmundson
Burns Evans Ball Leigh
Morsy
Chaplin Jackson
Ladapo
Predictions for first line up of season on 11:40 - Jun 24 with 1242 viewsSamuelowen88

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:34 - Jun 24 by finidi_whooah

Walton
JD Woolf Edmundson
Burns Evans Ball Leigh
Morsy
Chaplin Jackson
Ladapo

That line up would certainly give us an advantage

Poll: England v Wales Score

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:41 - Jun 24 with 1241 viewscatch74

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:34 - Jun 24 by finidi_whooah

Walton
JD Woolf Edmundson
Burns Evans Ball Leigh
Morsy
Chaplin Jackson
Ladapo

That would be nice if no one notices.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:42 - Jun 24 with 1232 viewscatch74

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:40 - Jun 24 by Samuelowen88

That line up would certainly give us an advantage

Best me to it.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Predictions for first line up of season on 12:20 - Jun 24 with 1135 viewsdirtyboy

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:14 - Jun 24 by Moisha

Ball strikes me as a direct replacement for Bakinson.

With wide players likely to play very advanced, you need those types of player.

The more I look at it, I think our transfers are done unless players move on and we replace.
Predictions for first line up of season on 13:07 - Jun 24 with 1043 viewsmkbobby

Walton
woolf/donacien woolf/ edmundsen burgess/new centre half leigh

evans morsy ball

burns jackson / ladapo / new striker edwards/chaplin

think we will revert to a 4-3-3 formation
Predictions for first line up of season on 13:27 - Jun 24 with 974 viewsEly_Blue

Predictions for first line up of season on 11:23 - Jun 24 by clive_baker

I'll play the percentages and stick with the back 3 / 5 but I'm not convinced we're as wedded to it as people think. Deffo Wolf in the middle of the 3 for me. Ball in for Evans. I'll go Celina, I think he'll probably come back later in the window if there's no interest from elsewhere.

Walton
Donacien Woolf Edmundson (if fit, otherwise Burgess)
Burns Morsy Ball Leigh
Chaplin Celina
Ladapo

Celina isn’t coming back, the sooner people realise that then we can all move on

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Predictions for first line up of season on 13:30 - Jun 24 with 962 viewsstopmoaning

––––––––––-Walton
–––––-JD–––––LW––––-GE
––––––––Ball––––-Morsy
–––––Chaplin–––––––Aluko
––––––––––-Ladapo

I think this looks right.
I think the Ball and Evans selection is going to be interesting on 13:40 - Jun 24 with 928 viewsunstableblue

Ball was very vocal recently about how much being left out at QPR effected and his relationship with a manager he had a good relationship with

I didn’t sense that Ball thinks he’s coming in to be a standby for Evans!

But perhaps Evans offers more distribution wise. Still wish ball, Morsy and Evans had more pace…. I personally El Miz has really put a foot wrong in games he’s played for MCKenna…. And he does have a little more speed… but is probably surplus and will be moved on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Predictions for first line up of season on 13:46 - Jun 24 with 899 viewsclive_baker

Predictions for first line up of season on 13:27 - Jun 24 by Ely_Blue

Celina isn’t coming back, the sooner people realise that then we can all move on

I wouldn't be sure about that, it'll depend on circumstances. We've not recruited a #10 as yet, so that's definitely where the gap is, unless you think we'll start the season with Chaplin and Aluko, the latter I actually see a little deeper as he gets a little older anyway. If we bring in an attacking midfielder then that would suggest we've moved on from Celina.

If Dijon don't get any interest in him I wouldn't rule out him coming back. KM rates him, but he is on big money.

Predictions for first line up of season on 14:58 - Jun 24 with 814 viewsSonOfSpock

––––––––––-Walton
–––––-JD–––––LW––––-GE
––––––––Ball––––-Morsy
–––––Chaplin–––––––Aluko
––––––––––-Ladapo

My only change to this one would be to have 2 up top (Ladapo and john-Jules) and leave Aluko on the bench.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024