Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Room 101 moan of the day 09:35 - Jun 22 with 2940 viewsunbelievablue

People who assume a lift will be empty when they are waiting for it, and start to enter. Does my head in. How hard is it to wait for the door to open to check it's empty? Twice today already in my building.

The worst offenders are those who then seem affronted that someone might, god forbid, leave a lift you're trying to enter, and harumph about having to let you out.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 604 viewssolemio

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:47 - Jun 22 by PrideOfTheEast

That and public transport certainly brings the worst out in people. Similarly, I lose count of the amount of times I hold doors open for people, or let them by whilst walking down the street without any acknowledgement.

My response to that is as follows:

Quite all right. Don't mention it.

Oh, you didn't.
Room 101 moan of the day on 10:58 - Jun 22 with 595 viewsNthQldITFC

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:47 - Jun 22 by PrideOfTheEast

That and public transport certainly brings the worst out in people. Similarly, I lose count of the amount of times I hold doors open for people, or let them by whilst walking down the street without any acknowledgement.

The trick with that one, if it's a modern building with big clean glare-free glass doors and a regular non-acknowledging offender, is to stand outside at 90 degrees to the door, holding an eight foot piece of aluminium extrusion vertically, with a big welcoming smile on your face, and watch the fecker do an inverse Marcel Marceau at full-ahead, maximum importance speed. Starbucks front bath as an added bonus if you're lucky.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:00 - Jun 22 with 587 viewsCotty

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:48 - Jun 22 by Marcus

Putin.

Amazing avatar!
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:03 - Jun 22 with 573 viewsGeoffSentence

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:21 - Jun 22 by STYG

Your moan has facilitated my moan now that, and I am going to go caps. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO CROSS THE FEEECKING ROAD ANYMORE!

I am used to turning into my road, just after a bus stop and seeing a teenager with headphones in just walk across the road as I am turning without even stopping at the kerb or looking up. I appreciate they can't hear, but they don't even look. Luckily I am aware of their presence even if they are not aware of mine, so I will have to break mid-turn to allow them to continue oblivious to the fact I could easily have run them down. It's fine. I also have a duty to look for them and when any pedestrian is close to crossing I will expect them to be idiots.

But now even adults have started since lockdown. 20's, 30's and even people in their 40's and upwards. One guy yesterday with headphones in just stepped out from my left as i was driving along a straight road with a narrow pavement, just decided to step out when it looked as if he was walking straight along the pavement, decided the opposite side of the road that he could see was clear and stepped out right into my path with me doing 30mph and being a few feet away. He didn't glance over his shoulder or at any time look like he was stepping out.

I did an emergency stop. Braced myself in case the car behind was travelling too close and the guy looks up and gives me evils as if to ask what I am doing in the road in my car. No hand up. No oh sh*t I nearly died. Just a look of disgust.

Absolutely my whole 101 at the moment and can't believe others haven't also noticed this.

Regarding your first point, the recent highway code changes mean that drivers turning into a road are supposed to give way to pedestrians crossing it. He does have right of way there.

He's still a blithering idiot though, right of way or not it is stupid not to check that you aren't going to get run over before crossing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:05 - Jun 22 with 564 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:39 - Jun 22 by DanTheMan

Very similar, people who try to get on to public transport whilst other people are trying to get off it.

Infuriating.

I have been told that the way to ensure your path is clear to exit public transport is to exclaim loudly, "Excuse me! I'm going to be sick!"

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:05 - Jun 22 with 563 viewsGeoffSentence

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:29 - Jun 22 by BrianTablet

People who take their watches off in exams, and put them on the desk.
Why? Is it so much effort to turn your wrist over?
Kuh! Tut! Pah!

Watch strap hid all the revision notes written on the wrist?

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:06 - Jun 22 with 560 viewsKeno

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:29 - Jun 22 by BrianTablet

People who take their watches off in exams, and put them on the desk.
Why? Is it so much effort to turn your wrist over?
Kuh! Tut! Pah!

When I did exams doing that was part of my 'ritual' at the start of the exam.

to be it was part of 'getting into the exam zone' and being focused on what I was there to do. It also meant I could just look at the time to check my progress answering questions

ir was a routine that got me through HNC Business studies (6 exams), ACiB (8), ACBSi (6), APFS (6), G60 (1)

I wouldnt recommend it when you do your driving test tho cos your watch tends to fall off the dashboard and the examiner doesnt like if to try to retrieve it while still driving

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:09 - Jun 22 with 554 viewsGeoffSentence

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:49 - Jun 22 by BlueBadger

In a similar vein, joggers on the road with headphones in.

Or, as I call them, 'organ donors '.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 10:51]

In particular those ones jogging, or walking, with their back to the oncoming traffic so they can't see what the idiot heading right at them is about to do

Login to get fewer ads

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:09 - Jun 22 with 539 viewsVaughan8

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:21 - Jun 22 by STYG

Your moan has facilitated my moan now that, and I am going to go caps. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO CROSS THE FEEECKING ROAD ANYMORE!

I am used to turning into my road, just after a bus stop and seeing a teenager with headphones in just walk across the road as I am turning without even stopping at the kerb or looking up. I appreciate they can't hear, but they don't even look. Luckily I am aware of their presence even if they are not aware of mine, so I will have to break mid-turn to allow them to continue oblivious to the fact I could easily have run them down. It's fine. I also have a duty to look for them and when any pedestrian is close to crossing I will expect them to be idiots.

But now even adults have started since lockdown. 20's, 30's and even people in their 40's and upwards. One guy yesterday with headphones in just stepped out from my left as i was driving along a straight road with a narrow pavement, just decided to step out when it looked as if he was walking straight along the pavement, decided the opposite side of the road that he could see was clear and stepped out right into my path with me doing 30mph and being a few feet away. He didn't glance over his shoulder or at any time look like he was stepping out.

I did an emergency stop. Braced myself in case the car behind was travelling too close and the guy looks up and gives me evils as if to ask what I am doing in the road in my car. No hand up. No oh sh*t I nearly died. Just a look of disgust.

Absolutely my whole 101 at the moment and can't believe others haven't also noticed this.

On road crossing, my recent gripe is people letting us cross when there are no other cars around.

We are tryying to teach our son how to cross the road, look right left etc. then a car comes and stops, no other car on the road, causes confusion whether we should cross or not and I cross out of embarrassment really haha

Not a bad thing, these people are trying to be nice, but if it isn't a massively busy road, or isn't busy at that time, they don't need to stop!

On the OP, the lift thing happened nearly everytime when we were on holiday recently.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:12 - Jun 22 with 539 viewsunbelievablue

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:09 - Jun 22 by Vaughan8

On road crossing, my recent gripe is people letting us cross when there are no other cars around.

We are tryying to teach our son how to cross the road, look right left etc. then a car comes and stops, no other car on the road, causes confusion whether we should cross or not and I cross out of embarrassment really haha

Not a bad thing, these people are trying to be nice, but if it isn't a massively busy road, or isn't busy at that time, they don't need to stop!

On the OP, the lift thing happened nearly everytime when we were on holiday recently.

Yeah, real lack of common sense there. Similarly, cars letting other cars out of junctions when there is no queue behind them. Just drive on and let them go when it's clear.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:14 - Jun 22 with 537 viewsGeoffSentence

In a similar vein, when you are waiting to exit from a junction and car coming the other way stops to let you out.

Nice thought I know, but if it is the only car in sight and not allowing you out in busy traffic it can just cause confusion, or worse it could be a scammer waiting for you to emerge and then collide with you.

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:14 - Jun 22 with 537 viewsfabian_illness

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:42 - Jun 22 by Keno

also why are condoms made so small

You don't have to pull them over your balls too.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:19 - Jun 22 with 522 viewsMattinLondon

To cater for you.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:20 - Jun 22 with 514 viewsSTYG

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:03 - Jun 22 by GeoffSentence

Regarding your first point, the recent highway code changes mean that drivers turning into a road are supposed to give way to pedestrians crossing it. He does have right of way there.

He's still a blithering idiot though, right of way or not it is stupid not to check that you aren't going to get run over before crossing.

Have clarified since.

He walked towards the junction I was turning into, then turned himself as if to walk down my road and as I then began to turn, changed his mind and crossed without looking.

Anyone walking towards the pavement there I wait and give way, but you can't sit there all day when people aren't looking to cross and suddenly change their mind as you're about to pass them.

What surprised me from speaking to colleagues at work is that only about 3 out of 6 of us knew about the new changes in law, so half the people in my position wouldn't have stopped and run the idiot over anyway.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:20 - Jun 22 with 513 viewsnoggin

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:39 - Jun 22 by DanTheMan

Very similar, people who try to get on to public transport whilst other people are trying to get off it.

Infuriating.

Norwegians I think they're called.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:22 - Jun 22 with 506 viewsMattinLondon

People who drive big tank like cars.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:23 - Jun 22 with 506 viewsSTYG

Yeah, annoys me too.

If I see a parent with kids or an elderly person waiting to cross I will check behind me and if several cars I will let them cross, but when there is nothing behind me it's taking longer for me to slow down, signal to them to cross, for them to hesitate and then cross and we've both been delayed then as simply driving and passing them and allowing them to cross the clear road would have been quicker all round.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:27 - Jun 22 with 491 viewssolemio

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:23 - Jun 22 by STYG

Yeah, annoys me too.

If I see a parent with kids or an elderly person waiting to cross I will check behind me and if several cars I will let them cross, but when there is nothing behind me it's taking longer for me to slow down, signal to them to cross, for them to hesitate and then cross and we've both been delayed then as simply driving and passing them and allowing them to cross the clear road would have been quicker all round.

I just wish more people had the sense to see this.
Room 101 moan of the day on 11:29 - Jun 22 with 489 viewsGeoffSentence

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:20 - Jun 22 by STYG

Have clarified since.

He walked towards the junction I was turning into, then turned himself as if to walk down my road and as I then began to turn, changed his mind and crossed without looking.

Anyone walking towards the pavement there I wait and give way, but you can't sit there all day when people aren't looking to cross and suddenly change their mind as you're about to pass them.

What surprised me from speaking to colleagues at work is that only about 3 out of 6 of us knew about the new changes in law, so half the people in my position wouldn't have stopped and run the idiot over anyway.

The new law change is confusing. Particularly in cases like that. I think the gist of it though, is if you knock someone over in your car when turning into a side road, legally it will be your fault regardless of what the other person was doing.

It could be a field day for people who like trying for insurance pay outs by throwing themselves in front of vehicles.

Room 101 moan of the day on 11:40 - Jun 22 with 482 viewshoppy

Or are they just far away?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 450 viewsLord_Lucan

Backpack people.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:10 - Jun 22 with 436 viewsIllinoisblue

People at the self-checkout with 67 items. Technically there are no rules against it but they know they’re wrong, we know they’re wrong.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 434 viewsGeoffSentence

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:10 - Jun 22 by Illinoisblue

People at the self-checkout with 67 items. Technically there are no rules against it but they know they’re wrong, we know they’re wrong.

I thought you might have gone with 'people with automatic weapons shooting up schools', but the check out thing is pretty bad too.

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:17 - Jun 22 with 416 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:06 - Jun 22 by Lord_Lucan

Backpack people.

How do you expect me to carry all my stuff?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:23 - Jun 22 with 408 viewsGeoffSentence

Room 101 moan of the day on 12:17 - Jun 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

How do you expect me to carry all my stuff?!

Personally, I had you down as a manbag kind of guy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024