Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Room 101 moan of the day 09:35 - Jun 22 with 2925 viewsunbelievablue

People who assume a lift will be empty when they are waiting for it, and start to enter. Does my head in. How hard is it to wait for the door to open to check it's empty? Twice today already in my building.

The worst offenders are those who then seem affronted that someone might, god forbid, leave a lift you're trying to enter, and harumph about having to let you out.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:39 - Jun 22 with 1603 viewsDanTheMan

Very similar, people who try to get on to public transport whilst other people are trying to get off it.

Infuriating.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:41 - Jun 22 with 1589 viewsunbelievablue

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:39 - Jun 22 by DanTheMan

Very similar, people who try to get on to public transport whilst other people are trying to get off it.

Infuriating.

In my more boisterous younger years I admit to having physically pushed someone back on to the platform who was barging on and knocked over an elderly chap in doing so. Does my head in.

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:43 - Jun 22 with 1575 viewstextbackup

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:39 - Jun 22 by DanTheMan

Infuriating.

my mum gave me an absolute bo11ocking for doing that when i was about 6. the old girls on the bus all "tutting" at me for jumping straight on....

never done it since

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:47 - Jun 22 with 1563 viewsPrideOfTheEast

That and public transport certainly brings the worst out in people. Similarly, I lose count of the amount of times I hold doors open for people, or let them by whilst walking down the street without any acknowledgement.
Room 101 moan of the day on 09:50 - Jun 22 with 1542 viewsRobTheMonk

Getting on a bus / train and everyone is sat on a double seat by themselves (fine), but they all have the bag on the second seat so you can't sit down. They then proceed to avoid eye contact and don't remove the bag to let you sit down until you either ask or awkwardly hover.
Room 101 moan of the day on 09:51 - Jun 22 with 1526 viewsBiGDonnie

People who smoke and then use the lift making it stink.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:51 - Jun 22 with 1532 viewsunbelievablue

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:50 - Jun 22 by RobTheMonk

Getting on a bus / train and everyone is sat on a double seat by themselves (fine), but they all have the bag on the second seat so you can't sit down. They then proceed to avoid eye contact and don't remove the bag to let you sit down until you either ask or awkwardly hover.

Yeah, annoying. Although now I just bowl to them, smiling, and ask for the seat in a friendly/loud enough manner that they hear.

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:56 - Jun 22 with 1515 viewsCotty

Uber drivers parking in the bike lane.

Actually I'll update that to simply: Uber drivers
Login to get fewer ads

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:14 - Jun 22 with 1456 viewsFtnfwest

people who get on a tube, don't hang on to anything and then look stunned when the train moves off and they fall over
Room 101 moan of the day on 10:21 - Jun 22 with 1444 viewsSTYG

Your moan has facilitated my moan now that, and I am going to go caps. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO CROSS THE FEEECKING ROAD ANYMORE!

I am used to turning into my road, just after a bus stop and seeing a teenager with headphones in just walk across the road as I am turning without even stopping at the kerb or looking up. I appreciate they can't hear, but they don't even look. Luckily I am aware of their presence even if they are not aware of mine, so I will have to break mid-turn to allow them to continue oblivious to the fact I could easily have run them down. It's fine. I also have a duty to look for them and when any pedestrian is close to crossing I will expect them to be idiots.

But now even adults have started since lockdown. 20's, 30's and even people in their 40's and upwards. One guy yesterday with headphones in just stepped out from my left as i was driving along a straight road with a narrow pavement, just decided to step out when it looked as if he was walking straight along the pavement, decided the opposite side of the road that he could see was clear and stepped out right into my path with me doing 30mph and being a few feet away. He didn't glance over his shoulder or at any time look like he was stepping out.

I did an emergency stop. Braced myself in case the car behind was travelling too close and the guy looks up and gives me evils as if to ask what I am doing in the road in my car. No hand up. No oh sh*t I nearly died. Just a look of disgust.

Absolutely my whole 101 at the moment and can't believe others haven't also noticed this.
Room 101 moan of the day on 10:26 - Jun 22 with 1419 viewsCotty

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:21 - Jun 22 by STYG

Your moan has facilitated my moan now that, and I am going to go caps. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO CROSS THE FEEECKING ROAD ANYMORE!

I am used to turning into my road, just after a bus stop and seeing a teenager with headphones in just walk across the road as I am turning without even stopping at the kerb or looking up. I appreciate they can't hear, but they don't even look. Luckily I am aware of their presence even if they are not aware of mine, so I will have to break mid-turn to allow them to continue oblivious to the fact I could easily have run them down. It's fine. I also have a duty to look for them and when any pedestrian is close to crossing I will expect them to be idiots.

But now even adults have started since lockdown. 20's, 30's and even people in their 40's and upwards. One guy yesterday with headphones in just stepped out from my left as i was driving along a straight road with a narrow pavement, just decided to step out when it looked as if he was walking straight along the pavement, decided the opposite side of the road that he could see was clear and stepped out right into my path with me doing 30mph and being a few feet away. He didn't glance over his shoulder or at any time look like he was stepping out.

I did an emergency stop. Braced myself in case the car behind was travelling too close and the guy looks up and gives me evils as if to ask what I am doing in the road in my car. No hand up. No oh sh*t I nearly died. Just a look of disgust.

Absolutely my whole 101 at the moment and can't believe others haven't also noticed this.

I've noticed a lot of people just simply walking down the middle of the road instead of the pavement a lot recently. Even on busy roads. What the hell is that about?

See also cyclists cycling in the bike lane on the wrong side of the road. WTF?
Room 101 moan of the day on 10:26 - Jun 22 with 1418 viewshoppy

Room 101 moan of the day on 09:47 - Jun 22 by PrideOfTheEast

That and public transport certainly brings the worst out in people. Similarly, I lose count of the amount of times I hold doors open for people, or let them by whilst walking down the street without any acknowledgement.

What about those that get off an escalator, or out of a train door, and stop immediately to put their briefcase on wheels down, to extend the handle, before moving away from the exit point for others, causing congestion/stopping others from being able to get off. Is it THAT heavy that you can't take a few steps to the side out of the way before doing it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:29 - Jun 22 with 1408 viewsBrianTablet

People who take their watches off in exams, and put them on the desk.
Why? Is it so much effort to turn your wrist over?
Kuh! Tut! Pah!

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:30 - Jun 22 with 1403 viewshoppy

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:26 - Jun 22 by Cotty

I've noticed a lot of people just simply walking down the middle of the road instead of the pavement a lot recently. Even on busy roads. What the hell is that about?

You could've also shortened that to "Cyclists"

<<Facters mode off>>

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:30 - Jun 22 with 1396 viewsSTYG

Yep, definitely seen people randomly wandering around in the road suddenly although yet to see a cyclist coming the wrong way, but only a matter of time there to I guess.

People driving their cars with headphones in as well. Just ridiculous. I appreciate you may not have wifi in your car to play Spotify but the difference between the radio being on at a sensible level and being aware of surroundings and noises still and headphones in where you can completely lose yourself is ridiculous. Sure, some of them may have the volume right down and able to hear cars but I wouldn't have faith in that.

Saw one complete tool a few months back with headphones in driving that held up an Ambulance for a good 30-40 seconds ignoring both the deafening siren and flashing lights which was quite impressive. Shame it wasn't a Police car.
Room 101 moan of the day on 10:31 - Jun 22 with 1390 viewshoppy

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:29 - Jun 22 by BrianTablet

People who take their watches off in exams, and put them on the desk.
Why? Is it so much effort to turn your wrist over?
Kuh! Tut! Pah!

A lot of those doing the exams possibly have reason to give their wrists a rest?

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:33 - Jun 22 with 1377 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:26 - Jun 22 by hoppy

What about those that get off an escalator, or out of a train door, and stop immediately to put their briefcase on wheels down, to extend the handle, before moving away from the exit point for others, causing congestion/stopping others from being able to get off. Is it THAT heavy that you can't take a few steps to the side out of the way before doing it?

And also people who fumble around in their bag for their Oyster/contactless RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BARRIER so everyone else has to wait for them. Selfish and underprepared cunits.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:33 - Jun 22 with 1375 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a guy lives near me who literally walks down the middle of the road. Not crossing it, actually walking down the length of the road as if he's not got a care in the world. A bit odd.

I wonder if a lot of the crossers have been emboldened by the new highway code change that say you have to give way to pedestrians who are crossing a side road if you turn into it? It's a very specific setting, but there's definitely an increase in people just stepping out lately. Or maybe they're just headphone zombies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 1361 viewsBlueBadger

I generally do 2 or 3 critical care transfers a week at work. A 100+kg bed plus passenger and kit soon gets people out the way when you're exiting a lift.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:37 - Jun 22 with 1353 viewsKeno

Norwich City fans

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:40 - Jun 22 with 1340 viewsSTYG

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:33 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

There's a guy lives near me who literally walks down the middle of the road. Not crossing it, actually walking down the length of the road as if he's not got a care in the world. A bit odd.

I wonder if a lot of the crossers have been emboldened by the new highway code change that say you have to give way to pedestrians who are crossing a side road if you turn into it? It's a very specific setting, but there's definitely an increase in people just stepping out lately. Or maybe they're just headphone zombies.

The thing is, and I may be alone here, LOOK!

I'm a pedestrian crossing a side road, I now have right of way, look at me. I am still checking the car driver got the memo, is paying attention and isn't going to kill me. See also traffic lights where people just walk out without looking when the green man appears without checking some person doing 30mph has seen the lights and isn't about to plough them down.

Just seems ridiculous that people are prepared to die or suffer life changing injuries by trusting that car drivers are on it the whole time. Some people drive like d*cks which everyone should know about by now.

To clarify my earlier comment, I turned slowly into my road with this bloke not looking like he was intending to cross the road. He changed direction by 90 degrees without looking as I was committed to the turn. Again, look!
Room 101 moan of the day on 10:42 - Jun 22 with 1330 viewsKeno

also why are condoms made so small

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:48 - Jun 22 with 1317 viewsMarcus

Putin.

Poll: Who should be the next permanent Ipswich manager?
Blog: Far East Anglians

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:49 - Jun 22 with 1309 viewsBlueBadger

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:21 - Jun 22 by STYG

In a similar vein, joggers on the road with headphones in.

Or, as I call them, 'organ donors '.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 10:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:54 - Jun 22 with 1277 viewsKeno

Room 101 moan of the day on 10:49 - Jun 22 by BlueBadger

In a similar vein, joggers on the road with headphones in.

Or, as I call them, 'organ donors '.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 10:51]

to be honest you take the first 4 words. leave the next word, and remove the rest of that line
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 10:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024