Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog silencers 17:30 - Jun 10 with 971 viewsjeera

Do they work?

I mean the type you point at a yapping thing and omits a signal and magically turns it into a nice doggy.

Or a whimpering mess, right now I don't care which.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dog silencers on 17:33 - Jun 10 with 951 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shouldn't this be on the american gun thread?

You could go the other route and buy some noise cancelling headphones. Your dog or someone elses is probably key. If it's your dog, then training the dog is the answer. if it's someone else's, then training the owner is probably better.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dog silencers on 17:35 - Jun 10 with 946 viewsKingsCrossBlue

Is this an actual thing?

Our year old golden retriever has taken to patrolling the public footpath opposite our house and barks like a mentalist every time someone accesses it.

Was going to call that tall northern guy from TV that can talk dog, but this sounds way better.
Dog silencers on 17:40 - Jun 10 with 928 viewsHARRY10

I am not sure if you are talking about a hand held device that admits a very loud sound, that can only be heard by a dog

or an attachment (like a gun silencer) that can be fitted to a dog
Dog silencers on 18:53 - Jun 10 with 838 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 17:33 - Jun 10 by Swansea_Blue

Shouldn't this be on the american gun thread?

You could go the other route and buy some noise cancelling headphones. Your dog or someone elses is probably key. If it's your dog, then training the dog is the answer. if it's someone else's, then training the owner is probably better.

I don't have a dog and when I did they were well trained.

Bloody cheek.

Also the mutt in question is a pug and headphones won't fit on it.

Edited for a bit of context: It's been going on for approx 4 years now Swanners and the owners aren't the most approachable. One neighbour knocked on the door one time and got a stream of abuse from the mad woman who lives there. I tried to mention it to the bloke and all I got was a shrug.

They've had letters from Environmental Protection and polite letters from neighbours. It calms down for a few weeks then goes back to normal. The barking can go on for hours on end and you can't be expected to sit in your own home with headphones on all day every day.

The worst was one summer's Sunday when they went out at 8:45am and got home at 8:30pm that evening. The dogs were shut outside and barely stopped for 12 hours.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 20:44]

Dog silencers on 18:59 - Jun 10 with 821 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 17:35 - Jun 10 by KingsCrossBlue

Is this an actual thing?

Our year old golden retriever has taken to patrolling the public footpath opposite our house and barks like a mentalist every time someone accesses it.

Was going to call that tall northern guy from TV that can talk dog, but this sounds way better.

I was thinking of this sort of thing:

Though not through Amazon.

I found with my own a small water pistol soon stopped unwanted barking. I don't mean half drowning the thing with a supersoaker just a quick spurt to the face. All you get is an indignant look but they soon get the idea.

Preferably try patrolling the area yourself and shoo your dog away each time it comes near. Command that area and make it yours.

Dog silencers on 19:00 - Jun 10 with 818 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 17:40 - Jun 10 by HARRY10

I am not sure if you are talking about a hand held device that admits a very loud sound, that can only be heard by a dog

or an attachment (like a gun silencer) that can be fitted to a dog

Either/or Harry.

Whatever works first and the fastest.

Dog silencers on 19:08 - Jun 10 with 794 viewsKingsCrossBlue

Dog silencers on 18:59 - Jun 10 by jeera

I found with my own a small water pistol soon stopped unwanted barking. I don't mean half drowning the thing with a supersoaker just a quick spurt to the face. All you get is an indignant look but they soon get the idea.

Preferably try patrolling the area yourself and shoo your dog away each time it comes near. Command that area and make it yours.

Thanks mate! That’s a great shout. He’s as good as gold(en) the rest of the time and has the sweetest temperament, but by Christ, he has a bark on him. He seems to be very territorial over this footpath - it’s the only time he barks. Will try a small water pistol and obviously make our way up to water boarding
Dog silencers on 20:00 - Jun 10 with 711 viewsronnyd

If it's someone elses dog, can i squirt them with the water pistol?
Login to get fewer ads

Dog silencers on 20:02 - Jun 10 with 703 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 20:00 - Jun 10 by ronnyd

If it's someone elses dog, can i squirt them with the water pistol?

If I thought for one moment I'd get away with it I'd be out there with the pressure washer.

Dog silencers on 20:32 - Jun 10 with 670 viewsNthQldITFC

F**k me! You'd have thought that they could have come up with something a bit smaller than that! Don't think I'd bother carrying that around with me every time I took Rover out for a walk.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dog silencers on 20:39 - Jun 10 with 654 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 20:32 - Jun 10 by NthQldITFC

F**k me! You'd have thought that they could have come up with something a bit smaller than that! Don't think I'd bother carrying that around with me every time I took Rover out for a walk.

But the dog is suitably intimidated and is sitting quietly.

There are compromises to be made.

You can't have everything.

Dog silencers on 20:41 - Jun 10 with 648 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 20:32 - Jun 10 by NthQldITFC

Or something about the dog being very far away and the device close up.

I'm not taking anything for a walk. I want to hold the thing out of the window and point it at the offending creature.

Like a remote control.

Dog silencers on 21:03 - Jun 10 with 631 viewsHARRY10

Dog silencers on 19:00 - Jun 10 by jeera

Either/or Harry.

Whatever works first and the fastest.

I've found that fitting a dog with a swazzle (what a Punch and Judy man uses) is more effective than a dog silencer, which does require a vet to fit

The dog soon becomes aware of how silly he sounds and, stops excessive barking.

So if you want to stop your dog barking..............

..............that's the way to do it

It is advisable not to let the dog near a string of sausages
Dog silencers on 21:19 - Jun 10 with 619 viewsbobwya

We have a jack russell chihuahua cross which yaps at everybody who walks past the house especially if they are walking another dog We have tried everything to stop it barking including a silencer which has not made the slightest difference!
Dog silencers on 21:22 - Jun 10 with 615 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 21:03 - Jun 10 by HARRY10

I've found that fitting a dog with a swazzle (what a Punch and Judy man uses) is more effective than a dog silencer, which does require a vet to fit

The dog soon becomes aware of how silly he sounds and, stops excessive barking.

So if you want to stop your dog barking..............

..............that's the way to do it

It is advisable not to let the dog near a string of sausages

You're not helping.

Dog silencers on 21:24 - Jun 10 with 614 viewsjeera

Dog silencers on 21:19 - Jun 10 by bobwya

We have a jack russell chihuahua cross which yaps at everybody who walks past the house especially if they are walking another dog We have tried everything to stop it barking including a silencer which has not made the slightest difference!

Cross? He sounds furious.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 21:26]

Dog silencers on 21:36 - Jun 10 with 579 viewsHARRY10

Dog silencers on 21:24 - Jun 10 by jeera

Cross? He sounds furious.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2022 21:26]

dangerous dogs, chihuahuas

one killed our Alsatian

.....................it got stuck in its throat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024