Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very useful game 14:33 - Apr 16 with 749 viewsScout38

OK it's not been great but it has at least set a benchmark and we now know we're at least 4 players short of top 2 and probably 8 short of surviving comfortably in the Championship. I think the manager has done a good job with the players available but more spending required in the summer I'm afraid. Mostly it's attacking players required and they're not cheap....
A very useful game on 14:36 - Apr 16 with 712 viewspointofblue

Bull crap. Please let’s stop these pathetic excuses about the squad not being good enough. At the start of the season we had the strongest squad on paper. You’re telling me that other teams don’t have the deficiencies? No, they just tactically adjust to them, something successive managers have failed to do here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A very useful game on 14:39 - Apr 16 with 676 viewsDublinBlue84

A very useful game on 14:36 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Bull crap. Please let’s stop these pathetic excuses about the squad not being good enough. At the start of the season we had the strongest squad on paper. You’re telling me that other teams don’t have the deficiencies? No, they just tactically adjust to them, something successive managers have failed to do here.

Christ, next think you'll be saying is McKenna out.

Get a grip.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

A very useful game on 14:39 - Apr 16 with 674 viewscressi

Football is played on grass not paper truth is we are short of quality in certain areas
A very useful game on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 637 viewspointofblue

A very useful game on 14:39 - Apr 16 by cressi

Football is played on grass not paper truth is we are short of quality in certain areas

And other teams aren’t?

A very useful game on 14:57 - Apr 16 with 622 viewscressi

A very useful game on 14:50 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

And other teams aren’t?

Well if your happy coming ninth or tenth it's absolutely fine personally I want to come first
A very useful game on 14:58 - Apr 16 with 611 viewsFrimleyBlue

funny that, no one thought we needed new attacking players 2 weeks ago.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A very useful game on 14:59 - Apr 16 with 601 viewspointofblue

A very useful game on 14:57 - Apr 16 by cressi

Well if your happy coming ninth or tenth it's absolutely fine personally I want to come first

What I’m saying is saying our squad is not good enough is not really an adequate excuse considering the quality (or lack of) of others in the division.

A very useful game on 15:07 - Apr 16 with 570 viewsWickets

A very useful game on 14:39 - Apr 16 by DublinBlue84

Christ, next think you'll be saying is McKenna out.

Get a grip.

I don't think that is what he is saying and i don't think anyone is saying McKenna out . But its a decade of under achievment at Town and most of us are pretty much fed up with it and rightly so . Last three games we have not turned up second half and lost the half 1-0 simply not good enough and i am sure KM will accept that .
Login to get fewer ads

A very useful game on 15:09 - Apr 16 with 560 viewspointofblue

A very useful game on 15:07 - Apr 16 by Wickets

I don't think that is what he is saying and i don't think anyone is saying McKenna out . But its a decade of under achievment at Town and most of us are pretty much fed up with it and rightly so . Last three games we have not turned up second half and lost the half 1-0 simply not good enough and i am sure KM will accept that .

Exactly. Of course McKenna shouldn’t be sacked but I’m getting sick and tired of having managers who are incapable of changing things when they start going wrong. Sometimes, of course, it isn’t going to work but I can’t remember the last time we started to struggle but recovered to dominate.

A very useful game on 15:11 - Apr 16 with 547 viewskizaitfc

How can we continue to blame managers, Cook is a proven manager at this level and McKenna has received high praise from all over the place with hoe he has us playing.

There are several players in this squad that aren't good enough to be fighting for promotion. Norwood, Bakinson, Thompson, Piggot.

The key issue for me is McKenna is sort of forced to play this formation based on the players he has available. He can't switch to a 442 because he doesn't have 2 wingers good enough. He also has a solid defense playing with 3 at cb so why would he change that. Be interesting to see how it sets up preseason

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

A very useful game on 15:13 - Apr 16 with 533 viewspointofblue

A very useful game on 15:11 - Apr 16 by kizaitfc

How can we continue to blame managers, Cook is a proven manager at this level and McKenna has received high praise from all over the place with hoe he has us playing.

There are several players in this squad that aren't good enough to be fighting for promotion. Norwood, Bakinson, Thompson, Piggot.

The key issue for me is McKenna is sort of forced to play this formation based on the players he has available. He can't switch to a 442 because he doesn't have 2 wingers good enough. He also has a solid defense playing with 3 at cb so why would he change that. Be interesting to see how it sets up preseason

The issue today was Rotherham flooded midfield; the midfield needed more support, an extra body, but instead we stuck with what we had with the first two subs then panicked into a front two when one down.

I understand the concern as Carroll and El Mizouni aren’t exactly the players you’d want to call on at that point but beggars can’t be choosers.

A very useful game on 15:14 - Apr 16 with 530 viewsWickets

A very useful game on 15:09 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Exactly. Of course McKenna shouldn’t be sacked but I’m getting sick and tired of having managers who are incapable of changing things when they start going wrong. Sometimes, of course, it isn’t going to work but I can’t remember the last time we started to struggle but recovered to dominate.

Yes and add to that one goal every three games is not going to win anything . God only knows when was the last time we even looked half likely to score from a set piece . As i said last week we all knew we would lose the second half !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024