Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket prices 10:15 - Feb 15 with 1774 viewsHipsterectomy

With the increase of living costs from everything to energy bills, train fares, food shopping and London transport, is it inevitable there will also be price increases across the whole of football next season?

I saw Norwich have added £20 to some adult season tickets and I assume match day prices will increase for most clubs

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Ticket prices on 10:26 - Feb 15 with 1699 viewsJammyDodgerrr

You'd imagine so, can't see many clubs freezing their prices.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Ticket prices on 10:34 - Feb 15 with 1666 viewsJ2BLUE

£20 is very reasonable to be fair.

I look forward to seeing which Prem club raises prices by 50% and then has to backdown after a backlash.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ticket prices on 10:39 - Feb 15 with 1650 viewsblueasfook

Companies are too quick pass on costs to consumers. How about they absorb some of the increased costs themselves and accept a little less profit for a year or so to help us poor consumers!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ticket prices on 10:44 - Feb 15 with 1630 viewsGuthrum

Ticket prices on 10:39 - Feb 15 by blueasfook

Companies are too quick pass on costs to consumers. How about they absorb some of the increased costs themselves and accept a little less profit for a year or so to help us poor consumers!

Because shareholders would start complaining about the costs being passed onto them. And they have actual clout in being able to vote against the Board (and their remuneration) at AGMs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ticket prices on 10:46 - Feb 15 with 1631 viewshomer_123

Indeed but maybe we, as consumers, could consume less? We don't 'have' to spend money we don't have.

People seem to have forgotten how to cut their cloth. Society says that we should have what we want, now and as cheaply as possible, regardless of whether we can afford it etc.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 11:57]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ticket prices on 10:46 - Feb 15 with 1619 viewsblueasfook

Ticket prices on 10:44 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Because shareholders would start complaining about the costs being passed onto them. And they have actual clout in being able to vote against the Board (and their remuneration) at AGMs.

Sadly, the truth. Got to maximise those dividends

Ticket prices on 10:48 - Feb 15 with 1619 viewsblueasfook

Ticket prices on 10:46 - Feb 15 by homer_123

Indeed but maybe we, as consumers, could consume less? We don't 'have' to spend money we don't have.

People seem to have forgotten how to cut their cloth. Society says that we should have what we want, now and as cheaply as possible, regardless of whether we can afford it etc.

I have cut back on a few things. Not using my car at the moment, not drove it for weeks (but then I am on six week driving ban for speeding at the moment. Ooops!).

I am trying to spend less, but I am looking forward to a nice hol later in the year. That will probably be the one thing I splash out on this year.

Ticket prices on 12:45 - Feb 15 with 1460 viewsChateauWines

Ticket prices on 10:46 - Feb 15 by blueasfook

Sadly, the truth. Got to maximise those dividends

If no dividends or profits, who in their right mind would invest?

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket prices on 13:00 - Feb 15 with 1423 viewsPinewoodblue

Ticket prices on 10:34 - Feb 15 by J2BLUE

I look forward to seeing which Prem club raises prices by 50% and then has to backdown after a backlash.

Not sure that an extra £20 equates to an increase if they get four more home games next season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ticket prices on 13:13 - Feb 15 with 1390 viewsPlums

I'm with this guy. Perspective is everything.

“We could charge more than £104. Let’s say we charged £300. We’d get £2m more in income, but what’s £2m to us?”
“In a transfer discussion, you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk,”

https://www.essentiallysports.com/soccer-news-football-news-fans-are-not-like-co

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Ticket prices on 13:17 - Feb 15 with 1365 viewshype313

It won't be a choice for lots of people before long given the rising costs of everything.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ticket prices on 14:26 - Feb 15 with 1245 viewsblueasfook

Ticket prices on 12:45 - Feb 15 by ChateauWines

If no dividends or profits, who in their right mind would invest?

I am not saying no dividends or profits but how about a little bit less for a year or two?

Ticket prices on 14:29 - Feb 15 with 1246 viewsJ2BLUE

Ticket prices on 14:26 - Feb 15 by blueasfook

I am not saying no dividends or profits but how about a little bit less for a year or two?

I can't see it catching on.

More likely to increase prices and then sack a load of staff claiming they will pass the savings on to the customer before telling the rest of their staff they can't afford pay rises and the staff leaving will not be replaced.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ticket prices on 14:11 - Feb 16 with 1024 viewsChateauWines

Ticket prices on 14:26 - Feb 15 by blueasfook

There have not been dividends last two years

Ticket prices on 14:11 - Feb 16 with 1022 viewsChateauWines

Ticket prices on 14:11 - Feb 16 by ChateauWines

There have not been dividends last two years

Many

Ticket prices on 14:33 - Feb 16 with 999 viewstextbackup

IMO our season tickets are cheap, £30 a month, if that’s raised to £34/36 I see no issue with that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ticket prices on 14:58 - Feb 16 with 949 viewsPinewoodblue

Wouldn’t be surprised to see an innovative approach from Town with the final price being determined by the number of season tickets sold by a set date.

2023 year of destiny

Ticket prices on 15:04 - Feb 16 with 936 viewsrgp1

Ticket prices on 14:33 - Feb 16 by textbackup

IMO our season tickets are cheap, £30 a month, if that’s raised to £34/36 I see no issue with that

Yes relatively so and worth remembering that we get a percentage off owning to the refund of tickets from the season of shutdown. Coincidentally I find it incredible the large number of people who seem surprised that we have to pay for shutting the country down for 2 years.
Ticket prices on 16:23 - Feb 16 with 865 viewsVeggie

Would be a very Spursy thing to do
Ticket prices on 16:24 - Feb 16 with 863 viewsVeggie

It’s hard to cut down on food and heating though
Ticket prices on 16:57 - Feb 16 with 836 viewsPinewoodblue

Ticket prices on 16:24 - Feb 16 by Veggie

It’s hard to cut down on food and heating though

A forced diet might do many a world of good.

2023 year of destiny

Ticket prices on 17:12 - Feb 16 with 821 viewsVeggie

Ticket prices on 16:57 - Feb 16 by Pinewoodblue

A forced diet might do many a world of good.

Like in Ethiopia in the 80s?
Ticket prices on 17:14 - Feb 16 with 818 viewsclive_baker

Because it isn't sustainable for a lot of them. There's companies that have done that for the past 5-10 years and now are feeling the pinch so much that the only choice is to pass on the increases to consumers.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ticket prices on 18:52 - Feb 16 with 733 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Ticket prices on 17:14 - Feb 16 by clive_baker

Because it isn't sustainable for a lot of them. There's companies that have done that for the past 5-10 years and now are feeling the pinch so much that the only choice is to pass on the increases to consumers.

Indeed most companies are also impacted by the increased cost of goods and commodities and operated on slim margins - see the energy suppliers who have gone bust. With exception of course the MN oil and gas companies and banks.

Tough times unfortunately. Football sadly is a luxury and some people will have to choose between that and heating :-(
Ticket prices on 20:06 - Feb 16 with 696 viewsBluedanW

Times must be hard at man utd, charging boro fans £46 in the fa cup. Whereas Newcastle charged Cambridge £10
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024