Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing Moment 11:21 - Jan 29 with 2138 viewsButterbing

I just walked the dog and saw a neighbour I vaguely know called Tom. "Hi Butterbing" he said. To which I loudly and clearly replied "Hi Butterbing, how are you?" I can't stop cringing and repeating his confused face in my head. I just walked past and quickly disappeared down an alleyway rather than going straight to my house which might have made it worse.(Names changed for internet anonymity, both he and I used my actual name which sounds nothing like Tom).

Anyway, it's not that embarrassing but I get the feeling it's one of those moments that will keep me awake in the night for years to come.

It's Saturday and the game is not for ages. Somebody give me a worse story to cheer me up. Please.
Embarrassing Moment on 11:26 - Jan 29 with 2074 viewsCheltenham_Blue

When you see him next just say, "I hope you didn't think I was being rude yesterday, Tom, I hear voices and I wasn't replying to you"

Your standing in the community will instantly be restored.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Embarrassing Moment on 11:34 - Jan 29 with 2030 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Once at a free festival I drunkenly wandered into a northern field next to the site with my shovel for a much needed poo in the afternoon sun. Such was my relief after the event that I promptly passed out on my back, bum in hole, trousers around ankles and woke when it was getting dark. Nobody ever spoke of it....hope you feel better now.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Embarrassing Moment on 11:37 - Jan 29 with 2012 viewsWarkystache

One of the regular dog walkers I see on my morning strolls once stopped to have a quick chat. We'd run out of chat and were in that awkward bit where we were about to go our separate ways when his dog suddenly appeared near us and started squatting.

We both stood there watching it, when for some unknown and embarrassing reason, I started commentating on his dog having a sh*t. As it strained and the turtle's head appeared, I said "Ah, here it comes". He gave me a look of bemused puzzlement and quickly made his excuses and left, rather hurriedly, lest the dogs*t fixated weirdo he'd been talking to suddenly went crazy and attacked. Fortunately, I've never seen him since.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Embarrassing Moment on 11:38 - Jan 29 with 1985 viewsSitfcB

Embarrassing Moment on 11:37 - Jan 29 by Warkystache

One of the regular dog walkers I see on my morning strolls once stopped to have a quick chat. We'd run out of chat and were in that awkward bit where we were about to go our separate ways when his dog suddenly appeared near us and started squatting.

We both stood there watching it, when for some unknown and embarrassing reason, I started commentating on his dog having a sh*t. As it strained and the turtle's head appeared, I said "Ah, here it comes". He gave me a look of bemused puzzlement and quickly made his excuses and left, rather hurriedly, lest the dogs*t fixated weirdo he'd been talking to suddenly went crazy and attacked. Fortunately, I've never seen him since.

Why were there no reports for Accrington and Wimbledon? :(

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Embarrassing Moment on 11:40 - Jan 29 with 1963 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Embarrassing Moment on 11:38 - Jan 29 by SitfcB

Don't scare him away again Sitters....my misses has been bending my ear for days!

Embarrassing Moment on 11:41 - Jan 29 with 1962 viewsWarkystache

Embarrassing Moment on 11:38 - Jan 29 by SitfcB

Sorry. Too busy watching dogs have a sh*t.

Nah. I'll make up for it tomorrow. Bumper edition. Trains weren't running last week so my journey in and home were a nightmare.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Embarrassing Moment on 11:45 - Jan 29 with 1920 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Embarrassing Moment on 11:41 - Jan 29 by Warkystache

Sorry. Too busy watching dogs have a sh*t.

Nah. I'll make up for it tomorrow. Bumper edition. Trains weren't running last week so my journey in and home were a nightmare.

No time for shagging either then I would imagine!

Embarrassing Moment on 12:46 - Jan 29 with 1725 viewsJ2BLUE

I wouldn't worry about it. One of my neighbours has called me Stuart for the last 8 years.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing Moment on 12:52 - Jan 29 with 1690 viewsPendejo

Embarrassing Moment on 12:46 - Jan 29 by J2BLUE

I wouldn't worry about it. One of my neighbours has called me Stuart for the last 8 years.

I know your neighbour

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Embarrassing Moment on 13:18 - Jan 29 with 1609 viewsKievthegreat

My wife once met Ricky Tomlinson. He was a guest at their book club and was talking about one of the books that helped him get through solitary confinement when he was imprisoned in the 70s for his union activities.

Anyway at the end of the meeting, she needs to go and so she says thanks for coming and telling us your story, etc... but finishes with "I've got to go now, I've been a pleasure". She walks down the corridor, too horrified to look back in case she sees his bemused face.
Embarrassing Moment on 13:30 - Jan 29 with 1570 viewsBugs

I accidently flashed my todger to a middle aged women at a pub B&B I was working at in the 90's and had to serve her breakfast the next morning.
Embarrassing Moment on 13:39 - Jan 29 with 1512 viewsRocky

Embarrassing Moment on 13:30 - Jan 29 by Bugs

I accidently flashed my todger to a middle aged women at a pub B&B I was working at in the 90's and had to serve her breakfast the next morning.

Dis she order a chipolata?
Embarrassing Moment on 13:52 - Jan 29 with 1455 viewshandslikeplates

Yeah, I’ve been called Ian down my street nearing 10 years (not my name), confusing for the kids for awhile until they started calling me Ian too.
Embarrassing Moment on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 1170 viewsfactual_blue

This'll be your neighbour then.

Fact of the day - in real life the late Roger Lloyd-Pack was the uncle of Sandi Toksvig's children.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Embarrassing Moment on 19:39 - Jan 29 with 1083 viewsRadlett_blue

I removed washing from the machine & realised I should put the wet towels in the tumble drier. An hour later, I wondered why I could hear the washing machine spinning & I discovered I'd put the towels back in the washing machine, without washing powder but with a dryer sheet.
Please don't tell Mrs Radlett!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Embarrassing Moment on 19:56 - Jan 29 with 1028 viewsbazza

Embarrassing Moment on 11:37 - Jan 29 by Warkystache

That made me LOL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024