Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k 14:31 - Jan 28 with 5879 viewsJackPITFC

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11065/12476234/transfer-centre-live
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:07 - Jan 28 with 1543 viewsjp_itfc

If he was to sign, would it be an Ashton signing?
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:08 - Jan 28 with 1530 viewsJDB23

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 14:35 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Not true, I'm told.

Defund TWTD.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:10 - Jan 28 with 1509 viewsThe_Realist_09

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:00 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Assume came from an agent trying to drum up interest. Can only speculate though.

Could definitely see it being an agent thing.

Although could easily see Fraser out Matete in too.

That would also mean Fraser departure would have to be further along than reported though I guess.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:10 - Jan 28 with 1502 viewsHighgateBlue

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 14:34 - Jan 28 by tonybied

Fraser out Matete in, I would be happy about that bit of business!

Absolutely, even if it's a £250k difference as is being reported.

I understand that TWTD says there's been no bid, but it's possible that there have been discussions but not yet a formal bid. Let's just see...
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:11 - Jan 28 with 1498 viewsfooters

Phil did also say that Cook was going nowhere to me days before he was defenestrated... Just sayin'

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:21 - Jan 28 with 1402 viewshoppy

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:11 - Jan 28 by footers

Phil did also say that Cook was going nowhere to me days before he was defenestrated... Just sayin'

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:32 - Jan 28 with 1338 viewsFightingEssex

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 14:34 - Jan 28 by tonybied

Fraser out Matete in, I would be happy about that bit of business!

Am I missing something… he’s a midfielder (we have tons) who hasn’t started 10 games all season for Fleetwood? Why are we paying 600 grand for him?

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:33 - Jan 28 with 1325 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:32 - Jan 28 by FightingEssex

Am I missing something… he’s a midfielder (we have tons) who hasn’t started 10 games all season for Fleetwood? Why are we paying 600 grand for him?

Were you at the fixture against Fleetwood earlier in the season?
Login to get fewer ads

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:35 - Jan 28 with 1319 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 14:53 - Jan 28 by FrimleyBlue

KM let slip that we had sorted 2 perm moves this window....
Slip of the tongue.........or just error in reference to Bonne loan extension...
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 14:55]

Think just an error when speaking about Walton and Bonne. He went on to speak about Bonne.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:36 - Jan 28 with 1317 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:10 - Jan 28 by The_Realist_09

Could definitely see it being an agent thing.

Although could easily see Fraser out Matete in too.

That would also mean Fraser departure would have to be further along than reported though I guess.

As it stands I don't think Town have been tempted by what's been offered, which sounds like a pittance compared with what we paid for him. Will all depend on whether KM sees him in his plans and whether Charlton offer enough to be interesting.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:39 - Jan 28 with 1260 viewshype313

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:36 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

As it stands I don't think Town have been tempted by what's been offered, which sounds like a pittance compared with what we paid for him. Will all depend on whether KM sees him in his plans and whether Charlton offer enough to be interesting.

Phil, what is your avatar, everytime I look at it, I think it's Highbury being bulldozed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:41 - Jan 28 with 1238 viewshoppy

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:39 - Jan 28 by hype313

Phil, what is your avatar, everytime I look at it, I think it's Highbury being bulldozed.

Could be an elephant? Could be an AT-AT?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:41 - Jan 28 with 1240 viewsN2_Blue

I'm sure Phil is right. I can't see us going for Matete at all with the midfield options we have.

He was fantastic against us as is well reported but how how much has he actually shown since?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:41 - Jan 28 with 1240 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:11 - Jan 28 by footers

Did I? Would surprise me if it was a few days. A couple of weeks before that maybe, and it still came as a surprise to everyone, I think, but I had wondered whether we might be getting into that sort of territory.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:49 - Jan 28 with 1176 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:39 - Jan 28 by hype313

It's the glass elephant hotel in Hamm, Germany.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:50 - Jan 28 with 1168 viewsEwan_Oozami

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:41 - Jan 28 by hoppy

Could be an elephant? Could be an AT-AT?

A white elephant, not sure what Phil could be referring to there though...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:51 - Jan 28 with 1152 viewsTomTheWriter

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:41 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Did I? Would surprise me if it was a few days. A couple of weeks before that maybe, and it still came as a surprise to everyone, I think, but I had wondered whether we might be getting into that sort of territory.

Been wondering Phil, did you learn about the Thompson loan deal at the same time the fan base did on Twitter, or was it something given to you before the announcement but told not to release anything?

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:51 - Jan 28 with 1151 viewsfarkenhell

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:36 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

The problem is Charlton have form for picking up our players for a pittance. Bent, Hreidarsson, Holland... Someone needs to tell them that we're not in administration any more!
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:52 - Jan 28 with 1154 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:41 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Actually just had a look back and the comment you're probably referring to was after the Crewe game in response to someone suggesting he could be gone in 24 hours, which I said wasn't on the cards.

Looking back at the threads in that week, it is interesting how the first real questions on PC's future started to come up and then by the weekend he was gone.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:53 - Jan 28 with 1138 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:51 - Jan 28 by TomTheWriter

Been wondering Phil, did you learn about the Thompson loan deal at the same time the fan base did on Twitter, or was it something given to you before the announcement but told not to release anything?

I worked it out from the questions like everyone else, I would imagine!
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:04 - Jan 28 with 1070 viewsfooters

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 15:52 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Actually just had a look back and the comment you're probably referring to was after the Crewe game in response to someone suggesting he could be gone in 24 hours, which I said wasn't on the cards.

Looking back at the threads in that week, it is interesting how the first real questions on PC's future started to come up and then by the weekend he was gone.

In fairness, I think it was a full 10 days before he was given the old heave-ho... although is that a long or a short time in football or politics these days?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:10 - Jan 28 with 1037 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:04 - Jan 28 by footers

In fairness, I think it was a full 10 days before he was given the old heave-ho... although is that a long or a short time in football or politics these days?

Indeed, I think the narrative was moved on fairly significantly by the Arsenal U21s and Barrow results and even then I think the change came earlier than anyone expected.
Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:12 - Jan 28 with 1020 viewswkj

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:10 - Jan 28 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I think the narrative was moved on fairly significantly by the Arsenal U21s and Barrow results and even then I think the change came earlier than anyone expected.

Though in hindsight it came much later than it needed to.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:42 - Jan 28 with 878 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boo. Ashton forcing McKenna to not sign someone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:45 - Jan 28 with 878 viewsPhilTWTD

Fleetwood midfielder Jay Matete bid £650k on 16:12 - Jan 28 by wkj

Though in hindsight it came much later than it needed to.

We've obviously done well since the change, although still early days, of course, but I'd still have expected PC to get things right eventually. Having said that, I think KM is a better fit into the structure around him at the club and I'm not sure cracks wouldn't have appeared the longer things had gone on given PC's comments after his departure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024