Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson update 10:03 - Jan 28 with 15199 viewsgreyhound

From what I understand...

Tyreece was recalled as he has refused to discuss/sign new contractual terms with town.

He has been moved into the u18s to train. So don't go expecting him to be given match time any time soon.

Understand from source this is a power play/punishment for him refusing to initiay speak with town.

Haven't scanned the board in a few days so this may already be posted and will remove if covered elsewhere
Tyreece Simpson update on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 2123 viewsitfcjoe

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:25 - Jan 29 by Darth_Koont

He might have a chance, certainly. But our budget in League One for players like Bonne and Pigott means he’s always likely to be down the pecking order and probably just loaned out again.

And if we snatch promotion I’ll go out on a limb and say he’s not getting any pitch time at all with us.

For the club, he is valuable as an asset but not particularly usable. And if we progress as we want to over the 2 or 3 years he’ll likely be a little behind what we need, and thus what he needs for his own career progression.

It happens. But I don’t blame the club for looking out for its own interests and ditto for Simpson and his interests.

The last sentence is the key, but players tend to be hung out to dry by supporters of clubs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:52 - Jan 29 with 2079 viewsstrikalite

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:51 - Jan 29 by LeoMuff

Talk about a pedant, they were in the championship which I believe is one level down from the premier league. Simpson being younger and scoring at the same rate or better means premier league clubs could well have made contact.

Thinking about it Pboro would be a good next move for him, got a history of developing this type of player, wouldn't surprise me if Fry isn't sniffing around and talking to his agent..
Tyreece Simpson update on 12:53 - Jan 29 with 2062 viewspointofblue

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:44 - Jan 29 by itfcjoe

The last sentence is the key, but players tend to be hung out to dry by supporters of clubs

Agreed but, as you said earlier in the thread, Town hold the cards at the moment. There will be situations with players where they hold the cards instead.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:53 - Jan 29 with 2060 viewsJ2BLUE

Tyreece Simpson update on 11:48 - Jan 29 by pointofblue

It feels like the club want to take him out of the shop window.

“Right, you’ve had your time in the sun, it’s time for you to show some gratitude and allow us to protect the investment we’ve made in you. Sign the deal and you’ll continue to develop, perhaps we’ll allow you to return to Swindon. Don’t and we’ll see how you progress after 18 months in the U18 squad, or how many teams will even remember you exist”.

That paints the club in a very poor light and is a very harsh take IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:56 - Jan 29 with 2036 viewspointofblue

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:53 - Jan 29 by J2BLUE

That paints the club in a very poor light and is a very harsh take IMO.

I don’t think we’re the cuddly, friendly Ipswich Town anymore. We’re a business and we’re acting as such. Simpson, in the club’s eyes, is not doing what we want them to do so we’re pulling rank on him.

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:00 - Jan 29 with 1993 viewsJ2BLUE

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:56 - Jan 29 by pointofblue

I don’t think we’re the cuddly, friendly Ipswich Town anymore. We’re a business and we’re acting as such. Simpson, in the club’s eyes, is not doing what we want them to do so we’re pulling rank on him.

Of course not but you're suggest we're basically threatening his entire career just because he wants to play football. There is no reason for us to do that and it would be a massive stain on the club and our ability to attract young players. We can look after our interests without making threats.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:09 - Jan 29 with 1961 viewsDarth_Koont

Tyreece Simpson update on 12:56 - Jan 29 by pointofblue

Maybe, but I don’t think it’s just that.

We’re an ambitious upwardly mobile club, which means that now only one or two of our young players could possibly break into the first team each year. And probably only a handful into a squad with these ambitions.

So our youngsters will have pretty much the same chance of starting for us as Prem youngsters have for their teams, but nothing like the wages, loan and career opportunities afterwards.

I think we’re probably going to see wrangling more and more unfortunately. Because we’re not going to be the club a lot of them thought when they joined/looked at their careers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:17 - Jan 29 with 1909 viewsRadlett_blue

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:09 - Jan 29 by Darth_Koont

Maybe, but I don’t think it’s just that.

We’re an ambitious upwardly mobile club, which means that now only one or two of our young players could possibly break into the first team each year. And probably only a handful into a squad with these ambitions.

So our youngsters will have pretty much the same chance of starting for us as Prem youngsters have for their teams, but nothing like the wages, loan and career opportunities afterwards.

I think we’re probably going to see wrangling more and more unfortunately. Because we’re not going to be the club a lot of them thought when they joined/looked at their careers.

Town are at their lowest ebb for over 60 years. It should theoretically be easier for young players to break into the first team than ever before. However, the idea of rebuilding around youth has always been a myth because you rarely get more than a couple of players capable of becoming first team regulars in each crop. This is actually more unlikely to happen now as our best young prospects are enticed away by Premier League clubs.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:23 - Jan 29 with 1889 viewspointofblue

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:00 - Jan 29 by J2BLUE

Of course not but you're suggest we're basically threatening his entire career just because he wants to play football. There is no reason for us to do that and it would be a massive stain on the club and our ability to attract young players. We can look after our interests without making threats.

I don’t necessarily think Simpson’s (or his agent’s) approach is down to him wanting to play football - I think it’s because another club has cone sniffing, possibly higher level, offering a larger wage packet. Perhaps I’m just cynical like that.

I don’t think I’m necessarily doing the club a disservice though. We’ve got an extension clause in his contract; we could just enforce that and allow him to continue playing for Swindon.

Tyreece Simpson update on 16:06 - Jan 30 with 1665 viewsParisBlue

Linked to various clubs today

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17483311/ipswich-simpson-transfer-cardif

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:33 - Jan 30 with 1534 viewsDavoIPB

Tyreece Simpson update on 16:06 - Jan 30 by ParisBlue

Linked to various clubs today

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17483311/ipswich-simpson-transfer-cardif

Am I missing something. Why would a championship side want Simpson. He looks okay in league 2 but that's because it is a really poor level. He is nowhere near as good as the strikers we have here and some of them are barely league 1 level. Would have thought a loan or sale to league 2 side would have been a more realistic prospect.
Tyreece Simpson update on 17:33 - Jan 30 with 1528 viewsKeno

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:33 - Jan 30 by DavoIPB

Am I missing something. Why would a championship side want Simpson. He looks okay in league 2 but that's because it is a really poor level. He is nowhere near as good as the strikers we have here and some of them are barely league 1 level. Would have thought a loan or sale to league 2 side would have been a more realistic prospect.

It’s prob his agent trying to up the Town offer

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:50 - Jan 30 with 1462 viewsjayessess

Because he's 19?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:52 - Jan 30 with 1451 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:33 - Jan 30 by Keno

It’s prob his agent trying to up the Town offer

But that could easily backfire….where is Benyu now?

He’d be mad not to take a new deal. He’d still have the ability to go out on loan if he doesn’t get game time with us. He will still be in the shop window if a bigger club comes sniffing

Poll: Our final position

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:53 - Jan 30 with 1443 viewstractorboy1978

Because he's only 19, has all the raw attributes to be a top centre forward and is potentially available for a small fee if he won't agree a longer deal here. They'd probably loan him out to a L1 club next season and hope he can continue developing. It's very low risk and with a chance of a high reward.
Tyreece Simpson update (n/t) on 18:04 - Jan 30 with 1398 viewsmarchy

Tyreece Simpson update on 13:00 - Jan 29 by J2BLUE

It's not quite that, is it. By the sound of the reports, the club's not putting a gun to his head over a new deal - he's not even affording us the courtesy of a conversation about one. Ultimately, he's contracted to us, and if he's going to be that disrespectful, we're under no obligation to allow him to spend the rest of his contract doing what he enjoys. It's the grown-up world, and he should behave like a grown-up.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 18:07]
Tyreece Simpson update on 19:31 - Jan 30 with 1297 viewsRadlett_blue

Tyreece Simpson update on 17:53 - Jan 30 by tractorboy1978

Because he's only 19, has all the raw attributes to be a top centre forward and is potentially available for a small fee if he won't agree a longer deal here. They'd probably loan him out to a L1 club next season and hope he can continue developing. It's very low risk and with a chance of a high reward.

Indeed, many Championship clubs take cheap punts on players they think might make something. Simpson clearly comes into that category. We did the same with Kieffer Moore, plus several others which didn't work out.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tyreece Simpson update on 19:41 - Jan 30 with 1271 viewsjayessess

Tyreece Simpson update on 19:31 - Jan 30 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, many Championship clubs take cheap punts on players they think might make something. Simpson clearly comes into that category. We did the same with Kieffer Moore, plus several others which didn't work out.

That said, Simpson's got 18 months on his deal, would cost a fee at tribunal anyway and has done the business in L2. He'd probably be quite a pricey punt if anyone fancies taking him off our hands.

Norwich paid £500k or so for Liam Gibbs and he'd played 64 (not very good) minutes for us. His agent is very much getting ahead of themself if they think the clubs quoted are going to spend a good 6-figure fee on someone of Simpson's profile.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 19:46]

Tyreece Simpson update on 20:23 - Jan 30 with 1182 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not read the whole thread, sorry. But I’d be surprised if this was the case. Surely it would be in breach of employment law and possibly human rights law. You can’t force someone to sign a contract.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tyreece Simpson update on 20:32 - Jan 30 with 1142 viewsjayessess

Tyreece Simpson update on 20:23 - Jan 30 by Swansea_Blue

Not read the whole thread, sorry. But I’d be surprised if this was the case. Surely it would be in breach of employment law and possibly human rights law. You can’t force someone to sign a contract.

It would not. There's nothing in employment law (or international human rights law, lol!) that obliges the club to have Simpson train with the first team squad or the u23s.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 20:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024