Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coulson 20:20 - Jan 27 with 2785 viewsKungfuBlue

So with Thompson signing, Penney close to return and KVY able to play on the left when available would you keep Coulson on the books too? His injury record for me would give reason to send him back now we have other cover and cancel the loan
Coulson on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 2689 viewsITFCBlues

Who says we can send him back and cancel the loan? Maybe we're stuck with him

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Coulson on 20:31 - Jan 27 with 2643 viewsDavoIPB

In my opinion KVY is bottom of the list. He has been very poor, especially defensively. Penney is better defensively but no end product going forward. Edwards would be ahead of both of them in my book. Then it would be coulson and who knows about the most recent signing.
Coulson on 20:32 - Jan 27 with 2623 viewsBloomBlue

Don't all three, both clubs and player, have to agree on the cancellation of a loan?
Coulson on 20:40 - Jan 27 with 2558 viewsIllinoisblue

Coulson on 20:31 - Jan 27 by DavoIPB

In my opinion KVY is bottom of the list. He has been very poor, especially defensively. Penney is better defensively but no end product going forward. Edwards would be ahead of both of them in my book. Then it would be coulson and who knows about the most recent signing.

KVY, sadly, does not look the same player. Fear injuries have caught up with him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Coulson on 20:46 - Jan 27 with 2504 viewsSheffordBlue

Looks like both Thomson and Coulson could also play as the left sided CB in a back three. Edmundson has done okay there but is more suited to being on his other foot

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Coulson on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 2406 viewsjeera

But his injuries weren't related were they?

I can't remember where but it's discussed on a thread somewhere that his more recent one was from being clobbered, so it's not like it's an injury-prone thing.

There's still a chunk of the season to go and surely the club are responsible for him whilst he's out anyway so...

Plus the left isn't KVY's preferred side and he may still be needed elsewhere.

Doesn't seem to be any rush on making a decision there as things stand atm.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Coulson on 21:04 - Jan 27 with 2344 viewsDarth_Koont

Coulson on 20:55 - Jan 27 by jeera

But his injuries weren't related were they?

I can't remember where but it's discussed on a thread somewhere that his more recent one was from being clobbered, so it's not like it's an injury-prone thing.

There's still a chunk of the season to go and surely the club are responsible for him whilst he's out anyway so...

Plus the left isn't KVY's preferred side and he may still be needed elsewhere.

Doesn't seem to be any rush on making a decision there as things stand atm.

Indeed.

KVY is primarily back up on the right if Burns breaks down. I know Donacien could do a good job there but he’s excellent at RCB too.

Thompson to start at LWB with Penney as cover. And then we’ll see with Coulson – if he gets back to fitness he’s cover and competition for a couple of positions. Or maybe we just call it quits and let him get back to playing somewhere else.

Pronouns: He/Him

Coulson on 21:18 - Jan 27 with 2216 viewsGarv

Edwards isn't a left wing back.

Very harsh to say Penney has no end product.

I agree KVY is bottom of the list. He's just unnatural on that side (obviously) and frankly awkward to watch. Should be battling Burns for the right side role, not that he's likely to win that battle anytime soon.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Coulson on 03:17 - Jan 28 with 1693 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Ever seen Edwards tackle anyone? Thought not.

Poll: would you rather

Coulson on 07:39 - Jan 28 with 1460 viewsDavoIPB

Coulson on 03:17 - Jan 28 by LegendofthePhoenix

Ever seen Edwards tackle anyone? Thought not.

Yes. Actually quite good defensively. Tracks back well. Have you been watching the games he has played?
Coulson on 07:41 - Jan 28 with 1446 viewstextbackup

Absolutely pointless him being here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Coulson on 08:12 - Jan 28 with 1304 viewsChurchman

If it was possible to send Coulson back. It’s been a waste of a loan, but these things happen.
Coulson on 08:13 - Jan 28 with 1290 viewsWestcountryblue

I would be very happy to keep Coulson. Dynamic, quick, carries the ball well and likely to be an asset for us during the all important run in.

It also allows us to move KVY to the right side, so we have quality back up for Wes Burns.

Coulson & Thompson / KVY & Burns - real quality in depth there.
Coulson on 08:20 - Jan 28 with 1274 viewsitfcjoe

I think if we could send him back we would have by now - just can't be relied upon to stay fit this season which is a shame as he looked decent when he played.

Think we have a decent amount of depth in the full back role now though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Coulson on 08:21 - Jan 28 with 1272 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Coulson on 07:39 - Jan 28 by DavoIPB

Yes. Actually quite good defensively. Tracks back well. Have you been watching the games he has played?

seen about half the games he's played - but can't recall seeing him put a tackle in. Tracking back, fair enough, but I've yet to see Edwards make the best of his undoubted ability - quick and tricky but not enough end product so far.

I think what is really interesting is that with Coulson and Penney both almost but not quite ready to come back, we have still gone ahead and brought in Thompson. To me that says that the Sheff Weds game is seen as absolutely crucial, and we have to field a really strong team even if it means we are carrying some surplus players for the rest of the season. He could've put Clements or Burgess (or Edwards) in there, but has gone ahead and brought in Thompson. Real statement of intent.

Poll: would you rather

Coulson on 10:01 - Jan 28 with 1059 viewsArnieM

Coulson on 20:27 - Jan 27 by ITFCBlues

Who says we can send him back and cancel the loan? Maybe we're stuck with him

I think he is the player that we can’t send back out if all the loaners we took on. But he has to be one of the most useless / expensive loans we’ve probably ever had . Wasn’t he injured even b4 we signed him , and that we “ waited for him” to get fit b4 the deal was signed off ? Ridiculous really given how tight financial restrictions are now in league one. A complete waste of a loan space in the squad in my view.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Coulson on 10:54 - Jan 28 with 953 viewsfranz_tyson

So if we’re unable to offload any more players during this window - who drops out of the senior outfield squad? Bakinson is over 21 so he’s a senior. I assume Thompson doesn’t count as he was 20 on Jan 1 2021.

We were at full capacity and we couldn’t include Kenlock. Nolan is the obvious one not to be included.

So if we were to bring, say, a CB in, we’d have to bring in an under 21 player or offload/not include a senior player from the squad.
Coulson on 11:59 - Jan 28 with 854 viewsRobTheMonk

If Coulson stays, will he be one of these John O'Shea types that fills in here there and everywhere? Could be a good energetic sub to bring on if needed to sure things up.
Coulson on 12:07 - Jan 28 with 829 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would it be fair to say this is the likely order of them all (only going on what people have said about Thompson and his one game against us).

Thompson
Coulson
KVY
Penney

I'd be more than happy to have Thompson and Coulson alone to fill that one slot.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024