Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) 18:07 - Dec 11 with 2865 viewsKeno

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:07 - Dec 11 with 2041 viewshomer_123

Absolutely not.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:08 - Dec 11 with 2011 viewstractorshark

He’d need time and an amazing run of results to prove himself.
I can’t see either happening.
McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:09 - Dec 11 with 2005 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not going to happen. To sack Cook and appoint McGreal would be insane. Evans era level stuff. It's just not going to happen.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:10 - Dec 11 with 1988 viewspositivity

depends on the alternative.

i'd rather have cook or mogga, but i'd take mcgreal over some of the names on the list

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:11 - Dec 11 with 1949 viewschrismakin

Not for me,

now I'm not saying I expect the world, but to go into the game with Donacien at LB, Showed me he didn't learn much from Tuesday, and the fact that he's basically got a free card and he still stuck to a 'normal' midfield, just shows we won't get anything different going forwards.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:11 - Dec 11 with 1955 viewsKeno

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:10 - Dec 11 by positivity

depends on the alternative.

i'd rather have cook or mogga, but i'd take mcgreal over some of the names on the list

That’s about how I feel about it

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:13 - Dec 11 with 1926 viewsChurchman

Given the underwhelming brigade of whose out there/rumoured, there are worse. He and KD would get my support providing the owners we’re fully behind them. Why not? New club, new opportunity.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 18:20]
McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:15 - Dec 11 with 1881 viewsVic

Not me!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:16 - Dec 11 with 1868 viewswkj

If he starts winning games for fun, why not. Overall, we deserved a point today - so, good job.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:18 - Dec 11 with 1836 viewspointofblue

No. Did well today and perfectly happy to have him part of the coaching team but not the manager.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:20 - Dec 11 with 1802 viewsfactual_blue

John McGreal would be, at a guess.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:21 - Dec 11 with 1794 viewsjayessess

you've got to absolute smash it as interim coach to get the full job, and 1 point from 6 isn't that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:23 - Dec 11 with 1770 viewsKeaneish

I thought he made some poor decisions on Tuesday. Today he did better but he needs to have the courage of his convictions and be bolder. There’s no point moving Edmundson to the right, dropping Toto and bringing Burgess in if you’re going to play Donacien at left back - remedying one imbalance bit allowing another doesn’t make sense. It’s not like Edwards is that big a threat to warrant it.

I also thought the balance in the wide areas wasn’t right. Chaplin and Edwards far too square at times and no-one gambling from deep, still.

Two up front was better. Morsy and Evans had more tenacity but it needs more. A good point and some good decisions but I’d need another two or three games to make a call on him.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:23 - Dec 11 with 1757 viewsghostofescobar

I’m not saying “no”, but have there been many caretaker managers who have gone on to smash it with a team?

GhostOfEscobar

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:28 - Dec 11 with 1704 viewswkj

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:23 - Dec 11 by Keaneish

I thought he made some poor decisions on Tuesday. Today he did better but he needs to have the courage of his convictions and be bolder. There’s no point moving Edmundson to the right, dropping Toto and bringing Burgess in if you’re going to play Donacien at left back - remedying one imbalance bit allowing another doesn’t make sense. It’s not like Edwards is that big a threat to warrant it.

I also thought the balance in the wide areas wasn’t right. Chaplin and Edwards far too square at times and no-one gambling from deep, still.

Two up front was better. Morsy and Evans had more tenacity but it needs more. A good point and some good decisions but I’d need another two or three games to make a call on him.

You have to give it to JMG for actually having an experiment though, I mean - he was a defender so he would likely have a lot of ideas on the back line by watching them train.

I really like that he's making this team and system his own whilst he's temporarily in charge, and not just putting the same team and formation out as Cook while we wait for a full time appointment.

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:31 - Dec 11 with 1691 viewsChurchman

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:21 - Dec 11 by jayessess

you've got to absolute smash it as interim coach to get the full job, and 1 point from 6 isn't that.

It’s not his team. He was slung in on the hoof. A draw against two teams better than yours is not so bad. If we are scraping around at the bottom of the heap, as it looks like we are, better him than the pensioners and certain others on the so called list. At least he knows the club, the area, the culture etc. I actually think this stuff is really important for our club.

Hopefully they’re setting their sights a little higher, but if we are not, I think we could do worse than JMcG/Kieron.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 18:33]
McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:33 - Dec 11 with 1672 viewsSwailsey

No. I like JMG, but if he hadn’t played for us, he wouldn’t remotely be in contention.

Great guy and excellent coach by all accounts, but not qualified.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:34 - Dec 11 with 1655 viewswkj

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:31 - Dec 11 by Churchman

It’s not his team. He was slung in on the hoof. A draw against two teams better than yours is not so bad. If we are scraping around at the bottom of the heap, as it looks like we are, better him than the pensioners and certain others on the so called list. At least he knows the club, the area, the culture etc. I actually think this stuff is really important for our club.

Hopefully they’re setting their sights a little higher, but if we are not, I think we could do worse than JMcG/Kieron.

I think JMG will be an Okay manager, but I don't think he'll see much of the Championship to be honest - not on his previous history as a manager at least. That said, he may well just need longer to learn the management game - however, I don't think he's the right man for the Town job, unless he goes on a spree in his remaining games.

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:37 - Dec 11 with 1636 viewsTractorWood

He's needs two transfer windows at least to prove he is awful!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:38 - Dec 11 with 1623 viewsFightingEssex

I’d take McGreal over Harris, Neil, Lennon and half the other sh1t still sniffing about.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:48 - Dec 11 with 1583 viewsTractorFrog

I’d actually like to see him given maybe until the end of December, given the lack of obvious replacements. We get to have a good look at him and see if he is worth a permanent job as manager. So far he has had one good game and one awful one, but let’s give him some time.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:51 - Dec 11 with 1559 viewsChurchman

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:34 - Dec 11 by wkj

I think JMG will be an Okay manager, but I don't think he'll see much of the Championship to be honest - not on his previous history as a manager at least. That said, he may well just need longer to learn the management game - however, I don't think he's the right man for the Town job, unless he goes on a spree in his remaining games.

He’s managed a while, seems fairly astute. Compared to Harris, is he a worse option? At least he has played at a higher level and knows what that looks like.

Edit: GB got the job with zippo experience. He did ok, not least due to the reasons I gave in the earlier post
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 18:53]
McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:53 - Dec 11 with 1539 viewsjayessess

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:31 - Dec 11 by Churchman

I think you judge the caretaker's CV against everyone else's on merit, unless they do something that forces you do otherwise.

McGreal's CV is pretty meagre, even compared to a lot of bosses no-one is very excited about and I don't think he's done enough to force that to be overlooked.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:56 - Dec 11 with 1494 viewsChurchman

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:53 - Dec 11 by jayessess

I think you judge the caretaker's CV against everyone else's on merit, unless they do something that forces you do otherwise.

McGreal's CV is pretty meagre, even compared to a lot of bosses no-one is very excited about and I don't think he's done enough to force that to be overlooked.

GBs didn’t even make meagre. Neither did Robson’s and Alf didn’t have one.

I’m only throwing this in the air against what we’ve had and the dregs being proposed. Devils advocate, so don’t be too hard on me.
McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:58 - Dec 11 with 1478 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McGreal - who’d be ok if he got the job? (n/t) on 18:11 - Dec 11 by chrismakin

Not for me,

now I'm not saying I expect the world, but to go into the game with Donacien at LB, Showed me he didn't learn much from Tuesday, and the fact that he's basically got a free card and he still stuck to a 'normal' midfield, just shows we won't get anything different going forwards.

I think he is trying not to change too much because the new man is likely to want something different anyway so why change it only for it to be changed again? However, why (especially in that context) he has stuck Donacien at LB beats me. I guess he played a lot better there today as I would expect Wigan to have comfortably beaten us had he played how he did last match.

I would be disappointed if we appointed him. Difficult to tell at the moment whether he would be an improvement on Cook but I expect not and the point of sacking Cook was to get someone who can and will do better. There are better options on the lists that have been discussed and I suspect there are other names that have not been mentioned being considered too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024