Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap 20:12 - Nov 27 with 3593 viewsCokeIsKey

Isn't it funny that Leam Richardson's Wigan is taking almost exactly the same path as every previous 'Paul Cook' team, while we're festering in 13th.

Almost like Cook's completely lost without him. Giving a lost manager time won't achieve much.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:19 - Nov 27 with 861 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:17 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

He was in charge last year when they started a season with no money and losing all their players so did a good job to steady ship

That is a fair point, but my overall point stands, that LR is still in the early stages of management rather than the current position indicating he was the brains behind PC's previous success. From what I gather the way things worked was that it was very much PC's show rather than a Joe Royle-Willie Donachie type situation.
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:32 - Nov 27 with 814 viewsSitfcB

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:19 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

That is a fair point, but my overall point stands, that LR is still in the early stages of management rather than the current position indicating he was the brains behind PC's previous success. From what I gather the way things worked was that it was very much PC's show rather than a Joe Royle-Willie Donachie type situation.

Welcome to the sticking up for Paul Cook club, I think ha.

What’s your view on him at the minute, got to stick with him for a bit longer haven’t we. How is he towards your and the press?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:32 - Nov 27 with 807 viewsKeaneish

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 20:20 - Nov 27 by chrismakin

0?

Sligo rovers finished 6th and won an Irish league Cup. Max capacity of 5k so comparison in league to English? League 2?

Took over Accrington from Leam and kept leam on as assistant. Then left to go to Chesterfield and took leam with him then went to pompy and took leam and then Wigan and took leam
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 20:23]

3 cups and 3 European qualifications without Richardson. This chat about Richardson being the real brains behind Cook’s success is paper thin.

A bad, disappointing week and we’re in melt down again scraping around trying to piece things together to look for a reason to blame. I see the no formation and no plan B shout is also doing the rounds. Just watching the Clough documentary where they’ve all stated that the great Forest side never even had a Plan A!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:34 - Nov 27 with 823 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:32 - Nov 27 by SitfcB

What’s your view on him at the minute, got to stick with him for a bit longer haven’t we. How is he towards your and the press?

Fine, certainly rather less difficult to deal with than one or two other recent managers! The not answering questions about injuries is a bit frustrating but you can see why he does it, even he does take it to the nth degree.

He's obviously got to get things moving and more consistent soon, but I think it's rather easy - and a little unlikely - to suggest that his assistant was really behind his success elsewhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 23:20 - Nov 27 with 752 viewsGarv

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:10 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

Probably, I was a big fan. Proper footballer.

Do you think injuries were the reason we didn't give him a new deal?

He wasn't bad for us. We used to smash balls at his head and wonder why he didn't do much.

Surprised he's stayed so fit for Wigan, not surprised he's scored the goals he has.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 23:42 - Nov 27 with 732 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 23:20 - Nov 27 by Garv

Do you think injuries were the reason we didn't give him a new deal?

He wasn't bad for us. We used to smash balls at his head and wonder why he didn't do much.

Surprised he's stayed so fit for Wigan, not surprised he's scored the goals he has.

That and the pandemic.
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 23:42 - Nov 27 with 734 viewsGodzilla

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:32 - Nov 27 by SitfcB

In any work there is often the actual boss and the 'we all know who the real boss is' person, sometimes this is even acknowledged by the actual boss. Been there, it's not a healthy situation. I like Cook and hope he stays , but I think he needs a younger, forward thinking assistant to help him make progress and take the reins in the future,
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 23:58 - Nov 27 with 715 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 21:34 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

Fine, certainly rather less difficult to deal with than one or two other recent managers! The not answering questions about injuries is a bit frustrating but you can see why he does it, even he does take it to the nth degree.

He's obviously got to get things moving and more consistent soon, but I think it's rather easy - and a little unlikely - to suggest that his assistant was really behind his success elsewhere.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sadly think Cook needs serious consistency and wins as soon as possible. There are some fans who’d be unhappy even if we were in the play offs, having never connected with Cook after last seasons legacy player shenanigans. But I’m afraid a much much larger section of the fan base are about to turn, which is fair enough given the league position.

I don’t think Cook has become a terrible manager, I think the assistant manager discussion may be a red herring. You may find Reid was just as important.

But I think Cook is struggling and he needs his players to back him with some big performances, and follow the instructions to the letter. I think the amount of change was too ambitious, could he not have rehabilitated Downes, Wilson kept.

I think Town will click into a run, but of the play offs don’t get closer the clamour and negativity will be a crescendo, a shame with the packoutPR having been so successful.

Losing tomorrow is unthinkable, hence the pressure is all on us.

And town have been crap in any pressure game for as long as I can remember.

Anyway time break out the thermals for tomorrow!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 11:16 - Nov 28 with 611 viewsbackwaywhen

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 20:16 - Nov 27 by Keaneish

Explain Cook’s success without Leam Richardson.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 21:26]

Minimal at best , majority was with him .
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 11:23 - Nov 28 with 604 viewsleitrimblue

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 20:20 - Nov 27 by chrismakin

0?

Sligo rovers finished 6th and won an Irish league Cup. Max capacity of 5k so comparison in league to English? League 2?

Took over Accrington from Leam and kept leam on as assistant. Then left to go to Chesterfield and took leam with him then went to pompy and took leam and then Wigan and took leam
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 20:23]

Cook as clearly trained Leam well, I think he may go on to be a good manager. Tell us more about Cooks time at Sligo Chris
Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 12:01 - Nov 28 with 563 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 11:23 - Nov 28 by leitrimblue

Cook as clearly trained Leam well, I think he may go on to be a good manager. Tell us more about Cooks time at Sligo Chris

Difficult to know to much really, not really a great league is it.

Has it changed over the years?

Currently has 10 teams in it.
Known as on the field bottom league 1 standard. Off the field.. conference standard.

Euro qualification even finishing 4th out if 10 teams if that's right.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 15:34 - Nov 29 with 466 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 20:58 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

Cook made his name with Sligo Rovers in Ireland before he linked-up with Richardson. And, as per Joe's post, if Culverhouse was such a genius he wouldn't be working at the team 22nd in the National League!

Actually no longer the manager of the National League's 22nd-placed club.

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 15:42 - Nov 29 with 444 viewsHerbivore

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 15:34 - Nov 29 by PhilTWTD

Actually no longer the manager of the National League's 22nd-placed club.

That's Cook's replacement sorted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 15:51 - Nov 29 with 417 viewspositivity

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 15:42 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

That's Cook's replacement sorted.

presumably with lambert as assistant?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 17:49 - Nov 29 with 368 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 20:27 - Nov 27 by OriginalMarkyP

The only thing Paul Cook can do successfully without LR is make a cup of tea.

He should be good then

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Cook's assistant widens the gap on 17:54 - Nov 29 with 360 viewsSwansea_Blue

It would be peak Evans to have picked the wrong one of the pair, it really would (whatever their relationship when working together).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024