Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking fines #6,348 13:31 - Oct 5 with 1459 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Last week our 3 year old had an accident at nursery and had to go to A&E, with my wife kindly volunteering to take him as I was on my way to watch us stick 6 past Donny. Fortunately all ok bar some lovely sterile strips being used to pin his head back together

Have had a parking fine through today for the hour and a half in the car park. In the words of my wife ‘I looked at the machine when I went in and it said to pay when you leave if you weren’t sure how long you’d be, then I forgot’, which I certainly won’t be mentioning, but tempted to go with a ‘3 year old had split their head open and was too stressed and in a hurry’ type argument. Chances of appealing successfully?

Charge is from ‘Car Parking Partnership’, if that’s relevant

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Parking fines #6,348 on 13:46 - Oct 5 with 1386 viewsmutters

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4576315/car-parking-partnership-

I know the thread is quite old but it does contain some useful info.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Parking fines #6,348 on 14:11 - Oct 5 with 1314 viewsGeoffSentence

I generally like the car park charging mechanism at Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals, you don't need to guess how long you will be there or worry about going over, but it does have that one massive flaw that it is so easy to forget to pay when you leave, especially in the stressful situation that you described.

I can't for the life of me understand why the can't pick up your registration number on the way out and give you big visual warning that you have forgotten to pay rather than put people through the hassle of dealing with parking fines for what is a simple error.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Parking fines #6,348 on 14:51 - Oct 5 with 1200 viewsEly_Blue

Parking fines #6,348 on 14:11 - Oct 5 by GeoffSentence

I generally like the car park charging mechanism at Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals, you don't need to guess how long you will be there or worry about going over, but it does have that one massive flaw that it is so easy to forget to pay when you leave, especially in the stressful situation that you described.

I can't for the life of me understand why the can't pick up your registration number on the way out and give you big visual warning that you have forgotten to pay rather than put people through the hassle of dealing with parking fines for what is a simple error.

Because if they warned you for not paying in such an easy way then it removes a very lucrative revenue stream that they have for doing nothing

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Parking fines #6,348 on 14:57 - Oct 5 with 1185 viewsSwansea_Blue

What sort of backward country not only charges people for parking in hospitals while they're dealing with the trauma of an sick loved one, but then also harangues them for punitive fines when they not surprisingly forget to get a ticket?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Parking fines #6,348 on 15:06 - Oct 5 with 1143 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Parking fines #6,348 on 13:46 - Oct 5 by mutters

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4576315/car-parking-partnership-

I know the thread is quite old but it does contain some useful info.

Cheers, although most of that looks a bit time consuming for the sake of a £35 charge!! Useful to know there is an authority to appeal to if the company refuse though, and their website suggests a medical emergency as an example of extenuating circumstances so fingers crossed

Parking fines #6,348 on 15:15 - Oct 5 with 1112 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Parking fines #6,348 on 14:57 - Oct 5 by Swansea_Blue

What sort of backward country not only charges people for parking in hospitals while they're dealing with the trauma of an sick loved one, but then also harangues them for punitive fines when they not surprisingly forget to get a ticket?

One that outsources car parking to a third party company is the simple answer there!

FWIW I don’t really have an issue with then charging, to stop people just using the car park for other means and they are pretty flexible where needed, but on principle am reluctant to pay a fine for an emergency visit

Parking fines #6,348 on 15:36 - Oct 5 with 1055 viewsSwansea_Blue

Parking fines #6,348 on 15:15 - Oct 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

One that outsources car parking to a third party company is the simple answer there!

FWIW I don’t really have an issue with then charging, to stop people just using the car park for other means and they are pretty flexible where needed, but on principle am reluctant to pay a fine for an emergency visit

It certainly seems harsh. A right faff to fight though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Parking fines #6,348 on 16:07 - Oct 5 with 993 viewsSaleAway

Parking fines #6,348 on 14:11 - Oct 5 by GeoffSentence

Or do what car parks used to do, and have a barrier.... with a contactless payment system.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

Parking fines #6,348 on 17:22 - Oct 5 with 880 viewsTJS

Parking fines #6,348 on 16:07 - Oct 5 by SaleAway

Or do what car parks used to do, and have a barrier.... with a contactless payment system.

I'm pretty sure the exit barrier at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury won't go up unless you have paid.
Parking fines #6,348 on 17:35 - Oct 5 with 858 viewsZXBlue

Parking fines #6,348 on 16:07 - Oct 5 by SaleAway

Slows things down and causes queues.
Parking fines #6,348 on 18:14 - Oct 5 with 820 viewsfactual_blue

Parking fines #6,348 on 15:15 - Oct 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You're right not to pay.

Make your wife pay it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024