Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs 17:05 - Sep 3 with 7477 viewsDigger77

Glad I won't have to take up that fight with the school now!
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 19:51 - Sep 3 with 1119 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 19:29 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

You're still far more likely tp be extremely unwell with COVID at 12-15 than you are a jab. The OP is being deliberately disingenuous with his Very Real Concerns.

As a by the by, the long covid risk in under 16's is thought to be 10-15%, depending on who you talk to.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01935-7

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:16 - Sep 3 with 1107 viewsGlasgowBlue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:08 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fight with the school? The school would administer them to those students whose parent/guardians had signed their consent forms. How is that a "fight" with the school?

It is noteworthy that the JCVI advise that the small risk of the jabs is possibly worth it for the overall benefit to the vulnerable while the Government's advisers have yet to decide whether to consider the risk to the vulnerable in society as the overwhelming consideration.

EDITED as misrepresented what I had been led to believe the Government's position to be.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 20:22]

I don’t believe your second paragraph is correct.

This is the JCVI report:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/jcvi-statement-august-2021-covid-19-v

“ The margin of benefit, based primarily on a health perspective, is considered too small to support advice on a universal programme of vaccination of otherwise healthy 12 to 15-year-old children at this time.”

Further to that, the health ministers of all four home nations have written to the Chief Medical Officers of each nation asking them to give their advice.

[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 20:20]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:17 - Sep 3 with 1107 viewsNthsuffolkblue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 19:27 - Sep 3 by Digger77

Indeed, I doubt we've heard the last of it. I'll keep the strongly worded email in draft!

As a matter of interest, is this e-mail written to the school, the Government or your children?

If it is to the school, why bother? You could simply not sign the consent and explain your thorough reasoning to your children and why they should consider you more qualified than the experts.

If it is to the Government, why bother? Why would you be so determined to prevent other people's children from being vaccinated? Or are you worried you cannot persuade your own?

If it is to your own children, then fair enough. It explains a lot.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 20:20]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:31 - Sep 3 with 1078 viewsLightworker

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:08 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

Why would you not want to protect your children from an easily preventable disease with a 1 in 10 chance of long-term health problems that include neurological issues, clotting derangement and respiratory impairment and a 1 in a 100 chance of death?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:38]

Sorry but this is simply not true for the age group we are talking about here, where are you getting the 1 in a hundred chance of death figure from? It is closer to 1 in a million for a healthy 12 year old.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

'Of 3,105 deaths from all causes among the 12 million or so people under 18 in England between March 2020 and February 2021, 25 were attributable to COVID-19 – a rate of about 2 for every million people in this age range'

I would also question the 1 in 10 chance of serious health problems for 12 - 15 year olds as the vast majority have only a very mild illness with Covid. Do you have any data to back this up?
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:33 - Sep 3 with 1074 viewsLightworker

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:26 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

The trials were over a year ago now, but let's not bring facts into this.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:52]

Not true again BlueBadger. Phase 3 trials wont be fully completed until 2023 for most of the Covid vaccines.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728?term=NCT04368728&draw=2&
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 13:50]
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:37 - Sep 3 with 1070 viewsLightworker

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:31 - Sep 3 by Pinewoodblue

They have reached the conclusion vaccination isn’t justified solely on medical grounds. When the potential impact on a 12-15 yr old education is taken into account, I suspect it will be decided that they should be vaccinated.

Which seems a reasonable decision to make. It is possible of course that Boris will use his own judgement and vaccinate any way, regardless of the advice.

The ONLY grounds to consider for a medical intervention are medical grounds. If the benefit to the patient does not outweigh the risk then you don't do it. Clearly the JCVI have concluded that is the case. I find it rather strange that people on here seem to think they know better. If Boris overules the JCVI then he is an idiot.
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:37 - Sep 3 with 1070 viewsMoriarty

Why would you not want to protect your children from an easily preventable disease with a 1 in 10 chance of long-term health problems that include neurological issues, clotting derangement and respiratory impairment and a 1 in a 100 chance of death?

Here’s a summary of our approach.

There seems to have been a good take up for 12-15 year olds here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/q-a-vacc

fka omuircheartaigh

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:44 - Sep 3 with 1052 viewsBluefish

Hi Digger, how are the 52% these days?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 1004 viewsNthsuffolkblue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:37 - Sep 3 by Lightworker

The ONLY grounds to consider for a medical intervention are medical grounds. If the benefit to the patient does not outweigh the risk then you don't do it. Clearly the JCVI have concluded that is the case. I find it rather strange that people on here seem to think they know better. If Boris overules the JCVI then he is an idiot.

That is not true. Vaccination programmes have persisted until the eradication of many diseases and not stopped at the point at which the disease prevalence is lower than the possible effect of side-effects.

The JCVI have also provided wider context to their marginal call that direct benefit is no higher than the potential risk.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:32 - Sep 3 with 999 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

1 in 100 12 to 15 year old are dying once infected!....goodness me!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 21:46]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:37 - Sep 3 with 993 viewsSwansea_Blue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:33 - Sep 3 by Lightworker

Not true again BlueBadger. Phase 3 trials wont be fully completed until 2023 for most of the Covid vaccines.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728?term=NCT04368728&draw=2&
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 13:50]

Not my area of expertise, but it takes 2 minutes to find results from phase III trials for different vaccines being published since the end of 2020. They were needed for approvals for use.

Also there’s an explainer here on why monitoring is ongoing (specifically referencing the US trial you quote, although I’m not sure what the relevance is to us when we’ve also undertaken our own trials): https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-monitoring-idUSKBN2AC2G3.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:39 - Sep 3 with 986 viewsNthsuffolkblue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:37 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

Not my area of expertise, but it takes 2 minutes to find results from phase III trials for different vaccines being published since the end of 2020. They were needed for approvals for use.

Also there’s an explainer here on why monitoring is ongoing (specifically referencing the US trial you quote, although I’m not sure what the relevance is to us when we’ve also undertaken our own trials): https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-vaccine-monitoring-idUSKBN2AC2G3.

1 out of 3 of his corrections being correct is ... oh well.

Must admit I am not sure where Badger gets his 1 in 100 death rate from. Possibly among hospital admissions rather than infections.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:45 - Sep 3 with 975 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:44 - Sep 3 by Bluefish

Seeing their wages go up perhaps!

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:55 - Sep 3 with 956 viewsBluefish

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:45 - Sep 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Seeing their wages go up perhaps!

The dole pays more than their jobs?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 22:00 - Sep 3 with 947 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:55 - Sep 3 by Bluefish

The dole pays more than their jobs?

Did that sound clever in your 48 percent mind before you committed it to text?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 22:01 - Sep 3 with 939 viewsBluefish

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 22:00 - Sep 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Did that sound clever in your 48 percent mind before you committed it to text?

Yep

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 22:09 - Sep 3 with 906 viewstextbackup

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:20 - Sep 3 by J2BLUE

You've posted that purely to try and get a reaction which is a bit odd.

Leveraging your kids to score points on the internet. Nice.

He’s cruncher, isn’t he

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 23:42 - Sep 3 with 832 viewsBasingstokeBlue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:44 - Sep 3 by Bluefish

Come back when you’re sober, Blubbers.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:12 - Sep 4 with 805 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 22:09 - Sep 3 by textbackup

He’s cruncher, isn’t he

Nah, he appears to be at least functionally literate. Whilst this is definitely a returning edgelord, it's not that one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:14 - Sep 4 with 800 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:32 - Sep 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

1 in 100 12 to 15 year old are dying once infected!....goodness me!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 21:46]

I dunno about you Banksy, but I wouldn't put my kids on a flight that said 'this plan ca only land if we shoot one of your kids in the head and another ten in both knees'.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:14 - Sep 4 with 801 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 21:39 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

1 out of 3 of his corrections being correct is ... oh well.

Must admit I am not sure where Badger gets his 1 in 100 death rate from. Possibly among hospital admissions rather than infections.

1 in 100? Deaths? Whaaaat?
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:15 - Sep 4 with 800 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 23:42 - Sep 3 by BasingstokeBlue

Come back when you’re sober, Blubbers.

A venn diagram of people who voted leave and people who are covid sceptic is basically a circle.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:21 - Sep 4 with 780 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 20:37 - Sep 3 by Lightworker

Anyone who thinks that 'less vaccination is an answer' with regards to infection prevention is f**king idiot.

I learnt that in first year nursing school.

20+ years ago.

Boris is still an idiot, though.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:56 - Sep 4 with 762 viewsRyorry

Whole thread (incl 6 from her) needs to be read, not just the first.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 0:58]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 01:44 - Sep 4 with 725 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 00:56 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Whole thread (incl 6 from her) needs to be read, not just the first.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 0:58]

Ah, we are Following The Science again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024