Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, did relegation save our club? 14:40 - Aug 5 with 3927 viewschfsittingbell

We've seen it numerous times. Supporters saying "getting relegated would be the best thing for us!. We can get rid of the deadwood, start again and come back stronger."

Unfortunately, our relegation didn't trigger the new dawn that was so craved. The mediocrity and lack of desire to win stayed. The lack of standards within the club were clear to see. Players and staff who were going through the motions, the dirty and unwelcoming stadium. The lack of investment both on and off the pitch, excuses at the ready from those at the top but never a tangible and realistic plan to reestablish ourselves and move forward.

In my opinion its probably the best thing that could of happened to us. If the regime had of done a half decent job and not let the club decline we would not have been such an attractive proposition for the new set up. The very reasons we had become so disillusioned with Ipswich Town Football Club was what made us so attractive to others. A couple of months in and we're already seeing standards being set. Obviously Rome wasn't built in a day but its clear to see those now in charge have a desire to succeed and are not scared to put the hard work in along with the cash. I expect a lot of clubs around the country are envious of our new ownership and board. Passion, decency, a commitment to the community along with a big wallet, what else could we ask for?

So i will nod my head in recognition of Marcus Evans, Paul Hurst, Paul Lambert (and many others) who without their inadequacy's and failures we would not now be on the cusp of an exciting new era in our clubs history. Its not going to be easy and a lot of hard work is needed. However we now have people at the club who not only will but WANT to put that work in.

So, did relegation save our club? In my opinion......... Yes it did!

COYB!
No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 19:51 - Aug 5 with 577 viewsChurchman

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 19:26 - Aug 5 by textbackup

i might sound a prick here, but even going up from L1 wont massively excite me. (unless of course its 3/4/5-0 wins weekly)
until we become a team pushing for more than boring mid/lower champ finishes ill probably remain the same in that regard

I actually agree wholeheartedly. I’ll feel a sense of relief to be out of this tinpot league and have a feeling that it’s just a first step.

When one day we are pushing for promotion from the Championship with a decent team, that’ll be a different story!
No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 19:57 - Aug 5 with 577 viewsWicksy

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 18:45 - Aug 5 by Bloots

....it's as if our fans have forgotten that.

We are still in the 3rd Division.

The last two years have been dreadful and despite all the "razzmatazz" getting promoted this year is by no means certain.

There is a sense of optimism right now, but it's just optimism and nothing more. Now isn't the time to think we have achieved anything.

You're right of course - nothing has been achieved yet.

But with Evans still in charge we'd be more likely to be in Div 4 in a couple of years. So just be glad he's gone and there's at least the possibility of things improving!

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

So, did relegation save our club? on 19:59 - Aug 5 with 570 viewsJakeITFC

So, did relegation save our club? on 18:27 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep. Many were calling it a disaster and I got pelters for suggesting otherwise. Even sensible posters like Somethingblue.

Still a long way to go, but clearly we have a chance now that we wouldn't have had plodding along (at best) under Evans.

It was and is a disaster - this is the lowest the club has ever been.

You're effectively celebrating falling down the stairs, finding a quid on the floor and buying a winning lottery ticket with it and telling people after the fact that they should think about chucking themselves over bannisters.
Not everything is about you..... on 20:03 - Aug 5 with 556 viewsBloots

So, did relegation save our club? on 18:27 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep. Many were calling it a disaster and I got pelters for suggesting otherwise. Even sensible posters like Somethingblue.

Still a long way to go, but clearly we have a chance now that we wouldn't have had plodding along (at best) under Evans.

.....you massive narcissist.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 20:13 - Aug 5 with 540 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The last two years have been dreadful and despite all the "razzmatazz" getting promoted this year is by no means certain.

There is a sense of optimism right now, but it's just optimism and nothing more. Now isn't the time to think we have achieved anything.

You need to look at the bigger picture young Bloots.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 20:40 - Aug 5 with 519 viewsHighgateBlue

And we wouldn't be if we'd kept Mick. But some people prefer the Third Division. Isn't it wonderful how all of us are different? Let's respect each other's differences. Personally, I prefer being in a higher division, but horses for courses. Some on here are ecstatic that we are beginning our third (is it third, I lose count...) season in the Third Division. We have our club back, apparently...
No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 21:09 - Aug 5 with 506 viewsLeoMuff

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 20:40 - Aug 5 by HighgateBlue

And we wouldn't be if we'd kept Mick. But some people prefer the Third Division. Isn't it wonderful how all of us are different? Let's respect each other's differences. Personally, I prefer being in a higher division, but horses for courses. Some on here are ecstatic that we are beginning our third (is it third, I lose count...) season in the Third Division. We have our club back, apparently...

There are those on this thread that moaned like feck about Mick and finishing 7th in the championship.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 21:18 - Aug 5 with 496 viewsCoastalblue

No, we are in the 3rd Division..... on 20:40 - Aug 5 by HighgateBlue

I think even if Mick were still here we'd be in the third division by now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

So, did relegation save our club? on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 495 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So, did relegation save our club? on 19:59 - Aug 5 by JakeITFC

It was and is a disaster - this is the lowest the club has ever been.

You're effectively celebrating falling down the stairs, finding a quid on the floor and buying a winning lottery ticket with it and telling people after the fact that they should think about chucking themselves over bannisters.

haha, nice analogy, but no, you're wrong. That would be like I was suggesting relegation was a good thing, which is very different from saying it's not a disaster. A disaster would've been turning into Bolton, or worse going out of business.

As Phil and others have said above, it has enabled us to get new owners and a bright new future with way more possibilities than we had stagnating (at best) under Evans.

You need to look at the bigger picture. Relegation was a low point, but not the end of the world.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So, did relegation save our club? on 21:21 - Aug 5 with 490 viewsLeoMuff

So, did relegation save our club? on 21:19 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

haha, nice analogy, but no, you're wrong. That would be like I was suggesting relegation was a good thing, which is very different from saying it's not a disaster. A disaster would've been turning into Bolton, or worse going out of business.

As Phil and others have said above, it has enabled us to get new owners and a bright new future with way more possibilities than we had stagnating (at best) under Evans.

You need to look at the bigger picture. Relegation was a low point, but not the end of the world.

It all looks very promising but I’m not getting too excited without on the pitch results, it also looked very promising when ME turned up in 2008 as well.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So, did relegation save our club? on 23:32 - Aug 5 with 437 viewstimothyeo

So, did relegation save our club? on 14:47 - Aug 5 by chicoazul

Why does so much of TWTD regard failure as a form of success.

I dont know, its some weird desperation thing. The OP has basically said our club has been saved by some owners whove not really delivered anything yet, just promising the same stuff Evans promised when he came in.

Why we have to set ourselves up to look incredibly silly I have no idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024