Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving forward 21:58 - Aug 5 with 586 viewsCoastalblue

I think it's plain to see by most, if not all on here that the ambition immediately is to assemble a side capable of getting us up quickly and then form the backbone of a Championship squad.

Currently recruitment seems to along the lines of buying players to fit into a Cook team, and if we want a quick impact then that's the way it's likely to be, but what do we think happens when/if, no when we go up?

With a large team here now, and strategies for the club being put in place across the board do we think we'll continue to recruit to the manager's desires, at the very least while Cook is with us, or longer term do we think that there will be more of a club ethos and model that managers will need to work within?

Being mischeveous I might also suggest that has crept in a bit already, Cook wasn't a gamechanger appointment, and while I believe he has their 100% backing, and is getting players provided that he's asking for, I wonder if the fact we haven't seen his trademark formations and styles being drilled in preseason friendlies is because he's being asked to adapt his was to something closer to what may become a longer term Club way of playing.

I don't think it will happen, but if we had a disaster this season and Cook went at the end of it, then any new manager then has to roll with players hand picked for Cook's style, or we start again recruiting for a slight variation.

So while it seems we're running with Cook's methods for now, do we think that longer term we'll start to look to have an identity that managers will need to work toward and with?

Sorry, very long day, very, very tired, lots and lots of words, not even convinced myself how much sense they make.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Moving forward on 22:09 - Aug 5 with 512 viewsArnieM

I would suggest Cook is his own man and I doubt he’d have taken the job if he was not allowed to manager the team god he sees fit . However our owners whilst being very supportive , WILL expect results . A fact that will not be lost on Cook. This brings its own internal pressures …. Even the Club Moto of “running towards adversity “, in itself brings a pressure within the Club. It’s an American way , and quite refreshing tbh. This Club will be totally driven and as Ashton has already alluded too, “ Character “ is everything . It explains why the previous squad was all but totally dismantled - those individuals simply don’t have the character and moral fibre for the “ new era”.
COYB’s 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024