Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? 14:17 - Aug 3 with 2217 viewsDebsyAngel

I have tried calling the club several times and keep being cut off!

I have emailed them, but not sure if will get a response by Saturday.

Just want to know would it be allowed to bring in soft drinks or a flask of tea/coffee as opposed to queuing at a crowded bar before the match/half time? I need to have a drink as my throat gets very dry indeed!

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:31 - Aug 3 with 2163 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Plenty of people take a flask regularly and I have never seen a steward have an issue with it. I would imagine a can would be fine.

Plastic bottles they used to take the lid off the reason being that you cannot lob an empty bottle anything like as far if it has no lid on it. Again, in most areas of the ground people take them in without an issue but technically a steward could ask you for the lid.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:35 - Aug 3 with 2153 viewsDebsyAngel

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:31 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Plenty of people take a flask regularly and I have never seen a steward have an issue with it. I would imagine a can would be fine.

Plastic bottles they used to take the lid off the reason being that you cannot lob an empty bottle anything like as far if it has no lid on it. Again, in most areas of the ground people take them in without an issue but technically a steward could ask you for the lid.

I would be fine with that. And take my litter home with me too! Seems funny that you get bottles of water in the goody bags outside the ground and they are allowed!
Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:41 - Aug 3 with 2126 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:35 - Aug 3 by DebsyAngel

I would be fine with that. And take my litter home with me too! Seems funny that you get bottles of water in the goody bags outside the ground and they are allowed!

The answer to your problem is to buy a goody bag outside the ground. That will give you a drink and snacks.
Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:42 - Aug 3 with 2122 viewsTractorCam

Unless you're strolling in with a bargain bucket in your hand, you're always able to bring snacks. I'm not sure on drinks, but flasks is definitely one.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:54 - Aug 3 with 2063 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:35 - Aug 3 by DebsyAngel

Take a spare lid so if they confiscate one you've still got one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:55 - Aug 3 with 2050 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:54 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Take a spare lid so if they confiscate one you've still got one.

Top tip!

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:19 - Aug 3 with 1990 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:32 - Aug 3 with 1959 viewsSteve_M

It's no issue getting into PR with a bottle of water, not always the case as an away fan. Flasks are ok too but think you need to go in Churchmans and bring an accompanying rug for that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:36 - Aug 3 with 1942 viewsBasuco

I always take a flask and snack for half time never had a problem, hip flask and you will get a tap on the shoulder.
Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:42 - Aug 3 with 1914 viewsBLUEBEAT

Plenty of people stroll in with their quid bag of newspaper, crisps, sweets and bottle of water.

Poll: W or W

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 16:09 - Aug 3 with 1842 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:36 - Aug 3 by Basuco

I always take a flask and snack for half time never had a problem, hip flask and you will get a tap on the shoulder.

Tell them to fook off and get their own

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 16:16 - Aug 3 with 1808 viewsnoggin

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:19 - Aug 3 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

At Ipswich it's a bottle of coke, at Millwall it's a gram.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 16:25 - Aug 3 with 1770 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 14:31 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Keep a spare lid in your pocket.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 17:36 - Aug 3 with 1670 viewsHipsterectomy

wasn't there controversy a few years back with people bringing hot food they bought from the outside food stalls into the stadium?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:15 - Aug 3 with 1615 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 17:36 - Aug 3 by Hipsterectomy

wasn't there controversy a few years back with people bringing hot food they bought from the outside food stalls into the stadium?

in the Cobbold stand, the stewards used to let you go across the road to the chip van at half time. Those Were The Days.

Poll: would you rather

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:19 - Aug 3 with 1599 viewstextbackup

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 15:32 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

It's no issue getting into PR with a bottle of water, not always the case as an away fan. Flasks are ok too but think you need to go in Churchmans and bring an accompanying rug for that.

Forest away some years back i walked in, after being searched, with 3 cans of lager in coat pockets, that i honestly had forgot were in there from the train journey..... unsure that excuse would have washed if they'd found them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:23 - Aug 3 with 1577 viewsSteve_M

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:19 - Aug 3 by textbackup

Forest away some years back i walked in, after being searched, with 3 cans of lager in coat pockets, that i honestly had forgot were in there from the train journey..... unsure that excuse would have washed if they'd found them

Not that long ago I bought a can at Liverpool Street for the train to Ipswich, then decided to wait for the pub forgetting I had a beer in my bag until I got to the turnstile. I'll let you work out if the stewards noticed it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:25 - Aug 3 with 1570 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:19 - Aug 3 by textbackup

The stewards at Forest away are absolute c*ckends too. Worst in the country by a mile.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:31 - Aug 3 with 1541 viewstextbackup

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:25 - Aug 3 by The_Romford_Blue

The stewards at Forest away are absolute c*ckends too. Worst in the country by a mile.

i've since read that multiple times.... but that day for me, they were wonderful

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:35 - Aug 3 with 1526 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:31 - Aug 3 by textbackup

i've since read that multiple times.... but that day for me, they were wonderful

The head steward hated that we were standing and wanted everyone to be sitting in the away end. We had the whole end sold out so there was no chance anyone not in the front row would be seated. At one point, he literally picked someone at random and told them to sit down in the hope it would make everyone else around him sit down. Neither happened and the guy was kicked out. Bonkers.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anyone got an idea about bringing in refreshments for matchdays? on 18:55 - Aug 3 with 1475 viewsGlasgowBlue

I always take a lid with me. Not so I can lob a bottle onto the pitch but because I may not want to swig it down in one go and don't want it to go flat.

Also less risk of spillage if it's under my seat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024