Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Saturday games on iFollow this season 13:59 - Aug 3 with 3809 viewsGlasgowBlue

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 16:46 - Aug 3 with 454 viewsSwansea_Blue

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 16:21 - Aug 3 by MattinLondon

But those who live far away probably won’t go anyway.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:22]

Well quite. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can't get there for whatever reason but who'd take the opportunity to watch on stream if it was available. And conversely I can't imagine an avid attendee suddenly thinking 'I know what, I'll watch it on a wobbly stream today instead'.

The argument that it threatens attendances doesn't make sense to me, but then I assume there's some data behind this to back up their decision.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 16:52 - Aug 3 with 440 viewsMattinLondon

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 16:46 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

Well quite. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can't get there for whatever reason but who'd take the opportunity to watch on stream if it was available. And conversely I can't imagine an avid attendee suddenly thinking 'I know what, I'll watch it on a wobbly stream today instead'.

The argument that it threatens attendances doesn't make sense to me, but then I assume there's some data behind this to back up their decision.

You may well be giving the EFL too much credit.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 17:28 - Aug 3 with 401 viewsjayessess

Hard to prove something which is mostly hypothetical, but...
Since we've had iFollow for non-Saturday games there's been little noticeable effect on league attendances. The last couple of seasons pre-iFollow (2016-17 and 2017-18) our attendances on a week day were down 8-10% on weekend games. The last two seasons with iFollow (2018/19 and 2019/20), our weekday attendances have been much closer to our weekend gates (just 5% down for 2018-19 and 1.5% down for 2019-20). It's a very small data set (5-6 fixtures a year), confounded by a bunch of dramatic changes and variables (opposition quality, league position etc.) but there's certainly nothing to suggest dramatic numbers of people were being diverted from match attendance.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 17:40 - Aug 3 with 391 viewsHipsterectomy

Should we go back into regional or national lockdown restrictions, especially as we head towards winter, they will go back to begging people to buy the passes for matches again

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 17:49 - Aug 3 with 382 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Exactly my situation, it's a 700 mile round trip to Portman Road, which given work and family commitments just isn't practical. Being able to watch on IFollow has allowed me to connect with the club again and feel more involved, while also financially benefitting the club too. I've been able to see with my own eyes how sh1t we've been rather than hearing it from a third party.

I would have bought most matches this season given the good feeling surrounding the club, obviously this is going to be greatly reduced now. Oh, and I'd just like to add ...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 18:05 - Aug 3 with 370 viewsMatt_Netherlands

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:22 - Aug 3 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, we don't need more reasons for people not to go to PR.

People having to self isolate.
Potential regional lockdowns again in winter.
People feeling uneasy travelling long distances in public transport.
People potentially being out of work due to the pandemic and unable to afford expensive trips to Suffolk.
Travel bans and quarantining.
A shortage of Portman pies due to supply chain issues.

None of these reasons existed 18 months ago, and all show why this is such a short sighted move from the powers that be. Like others hVe said, a majority who live local will still go, but for fans further afield this is a kick in the teeth.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 18:12 - Aug 3 with 358 viewsJ2BLUE

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 18:05 - Aug 3 by Matt_Netherlands

People having to self isolate.
Potential regional lockdowns again in winter.
People feeling uneasy travelling long distances in public transport.
People potentially being out of work due to the pandemic and unable to afford expensive trips to Suffolk.
Travel bans and quarantining.
A shortage of Portman pies due to supply chain issues.

None of these reasons existed 18 months ago, and all show why this is such a short sighted move from the powers that be. Like others hVe said, a majority who live local will still go, but for fans further afield this is a kick in the teeth.

Agree but there is no perfect answer. In this day and age it's stream to all or stream to no one.

Rightly or wrongly there are no official restrictions in place so it's back to 2019 in terms of attending matches and streaming. Maybe there could be an American style system where coverage depends on tickets sold.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 18:14 - Aug 3 with 353 viewstextbackup

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 18:12 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Agree but there is no perfect answer. In this day and age it's stream to all or stream to no one.

Rightly or wrongly there are no official restrictions in place so it's back to 2019 in terms of attending matches and streaming. Maybe there could be an American style system where coverage depends on tickets sold.

or, just go to games and crack on with it.

if you cant attend, watch on ceefax

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024