Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Saturday games on iFollow this season 13:59 - Aug 3 with 3780 viewsGlasgowBlue

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 1956 viewsZXBlue

Incredibly short sighted.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 1958 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Nay bother.

Be interesting to see how they are going to geo block the UK IP ranges. I guess this wont be on a manual basis so mistakes will undoubtedly be made.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:05 - Aug 3 with 1944 viewsDanTheMan

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:02 - Aug 3 by BlueBlueBluex2

Nay bother.

Be interesting to see how they are going to geo block the UK IP ranges. I guess this wont be on a manual basis so mistakes will undoubtedly be made.

They were doing this before the pandemic. So probably reverting to that.

Nothing a VPN can't get around anyway.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:09 - Aug 3 with 1909 viewsReuser_is_God

Good.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:11 - Aug 3 with 1888 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:05 - Aug 3 by DanTheMan

I don't think they were. It was a blanket UK IP ban.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:12 - Aug 3 with 1882 viewsjayessess

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:05 - Aug 3 by DanTheMan

Don't think you can actually?
For games unavailable in the UK you have to pay with a credit/debit card registered to an overseas address (found this out whilst on holiday in Greece a few years back).
It also seems to recognise my VPN provider (NordVPN) because whenever I forgot to switch it off last season it blocked access to iFollow conent.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:15 - Aug 3 with 1873 viewsMatt_Netherlands

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:09 - Aug 3 by Reuser_is_God

Good.

Is it?
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:16 - Aug 3 with 1876 viewsBlueBadger

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:15 - Aug 3 by Matt_Netherlands

Is it?

It is if you're the sort of gatekeeping elitist superfan who thinks that excluding people from overseas/long distance, the disabled and elderly from watching Town is a good thing.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 14:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:18 - Aug 3 with 1856 viewsGavTWTD

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:20 - Aug 3 with 1840 viewsDanTheMan

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:12 - Aug 3 by jayessess

For games unavailable in the UK you have to pay with a credit/debit card registered to an overseas address (found this out whilst on holiday in Greece a few years back).
It also seems to recognise my VPN provider (NordVPN) because whenever I forgot to switch it off last season it blocked access to iFollow conent.

Really? I've never had an issue.

It certainly does recognise some of the more popular VPNs, but not all.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:22 - Aug 3 with 1830 viewsReuser_is_God

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:16 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

It is if you're the sort of gatekeeping elitist superfan who thinks that excluding people from overseas/long distance, the disabled and elderly from watching Town is a good thing.

Overseas fans can still stream.

Disabled & elderly went to PR before the pandemic, no reason why they can't go now.

Evans out

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:22 - Aug 3 with 1827 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Nope.

UK card, made up overseas address. I picked a random hotel in Greece for mine.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:22 - Aug 3 with 1820 viewsReuser_is_God

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:15 - Aug 3 by Matt_Netherlands

Is it?

Yes, we don't need more reasons for people not to go to PR.

Evans out

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:23 - Aug 3 with 1813 viewsSwansea_Blue

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:18 - Aug 3 by GavTWTD

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

^this

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:23 - Aug 3 with 1811 viewsMattinLondon

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:16 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

Plus those of us who live hundreds of miles away and can’t make it for every home game - I know, can’t claim to be a super fan if I’m not spending hours travelling or spending a lot of money for every game. Me bad.
No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:25 - Aug 3 with 1783 viewsBlueBadger

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:22 - Aug 3 by Reuser_is_God

Disabled & elderly went to PR before the pandemic, no reason why they can't go now.

Other that the whole 'potential major risks to their health' thing, for example.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:25 - Aug 3 with 1774 viewsbelgablue

Yikes! I paid with a UK card this year and I'm based overseas!!

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:27 - Aug 3 with 1740 viewsBlueBadger

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:23 - Aug 3 by MattinLondon

Plus those of us who live hundreds of miles away and can’t make it for every home game - I know, can’t claim to be a super fan if I’m not spending hours travelling or spending a lot of money for every game. Me bad.

I saw more games than I normally would last season(early doors, anyway. I gave up sending the club my money fairly quickly when it became apparent how dreadful we were) as it meant I could take in games before a night shift, for example.

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:27 - Aug 3 with 1750 viewsReuser_is_God

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:23 - Aug 3 by MattinLondon

Yes but the only reason Saturday games were streamed before was because of no fans.

We can now have fans back at 100% capacity so why should games still be streamed?

Evans out

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:28 - Aug 3 with 1739 viewsReuser_is_God

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:27 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

I saw more games than I normally would last season(early doors, anyway. I gave up sending the club my money fairly quickly when it became apparent how dreadful we were) as it meant I could take in games before a night shift, for example.

So you watched one game then?

Evans out

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:28 - Aug 3 with 1729 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, we don't need more reasons for people not to go to PR.

Very few people who can afford and are able to do both will choose iFollow over going in person.

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:29 - Aug 3 with 1721 viewsBlueBadger

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:28 - Aug 3 by Reuser_is_God

So you watched one game then?

About 27 minutes, tbh.

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:29 - Aug 3 with 1716 viewsjayessess

Because of the pandemic?

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:30 - Aug 3 with 1721 viewsBlueBadger

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:27 - Aug 3 by Reuser_is_God

Yes but the only reason Saturday games were streamed before was because of no fans.

We can now have fans back at 100% capacity so why should games still be streamed?

Many of our disabled and elderly fans will still want to watch us play but will have genuine concerns about mixing with large crowds during an ongoing global pandemic, particularly going into Autumn and winter.

The odd Sky game has very little impact on our attendance, I very much doubt this would.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 14:42]

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:32 - Aug 3 with 1690 viewsjayessess

No Saturday games on iFollow this season on 14:25 - Aug 3 by belgablue

Yikes! I paid with a UK card this year and I'm based overseas!!

Presumably this year it wasn't a problem because they were allowed to broadcast in the UK anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024