Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First league game back 17:54 - Jul 18 with 4045 viewstownman1986

What crowd will we get with no restrictions
First league game back on 19:11 - Jul 18 with 1066 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

6. They can form a clique.
First league game back on 19:15 - Jul 18 with 1058 viewsNthsuffolkblue

First league game back on 19:10 - Jul 18 by Mullet

There will definitely be another lockdown etc without a massive change or slice of luck. I suspect it’ll be winter and see Gove take over as party leader as the tax exiles need a new fall guy.

Gove, Rees-Mogg, Patel, Hunt and plenty of others to choose from after that too ... what a choice!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

First league game back on 19:16 - Jul 18 with 1059 viewswkj

First league game back on 19:07 - Jul 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

This a million times.

I have attended every first home match of a season for as long as I can remember and taken my children to them recently too. I would love to go but it is going to take a lot of trust in the club to overcome the arrogant dangerous attitude of people like some on here and make me go.

To be honest, I am expecting things to be so catastrophic judging from the prevalence of these attitudes that the freedom for any of us to attend will be taken away from us.

I do know where I sat, a lot of people used to still be doing their holidays and it was pretty spotty until September.

I will be on holiday for the start of the season but will be driving up to Dundee (10th-20th) But am hoping to get tickets for Cheltenham and Burton while I am driving through the areas.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

First league game back on 19:16 - Jul 18 with 1054 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

First league game back on 19:18 - Jul 18 with 1046 viewsSitfcB

First league game back on 18:55 - Jul 18 by MerseyBlue

Your first and last points are decent, the middle one must be trolling.

Honestly no, surely being double masked would help someone feel more comfortable?

If not then I apologise.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 19:18]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

First league game back on 19:45 - Jul 18 with 989 viewsgtsb1966

First league game back on 19:01 - Jul 18 by MerseyBlue

Because we can't be roughly 18 months into a pandemic and you not understand that the mask is there to protect others. It relies on other people wearing a mask. If you tell someone who is concerned about transmission to wear a mask, then you either haven't grasped that we need everyone who can wear a mask to wear one for it to be mutually beneficial, rather than just benefitting those who choose not to, or you are trolling.

Ok. I'll bow down to the oracle.
First league game back on 19:59 - Jul 18 with 962 viewsMerseyBlue

First league game back on 19:18 - Jul 18 by SitfcB

Honestly no, surely being double masked would help someone feel more comfortable?

If not then I apologise.

See the previous reply about how masks work and which party they benefit. It's the same thing that has been said on here every single time masks have come up of late.

Don't know the scientific benefits or consequences of double masking to be honest, but not the solution to the problem discussed. On a lighter note they used to say not to wear two condoms at the same time as they were more likely to break, although limited studies have shown that they are actually less likely to break.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

First league game back on 20:00 - Jul 18 with 957 viewsMerseyBlue

First league game back on 19:45 - Jul 18 by gtsb1966

Ok. I'll bow down to the oracle.

Not the oracle, just pointing out something that has been discussed here, there and everywhere for what seems like forever at this point.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Login to get fewer ads

First league game back on 20:05 - Jul 18 with 945 viewsgtsb1966

First league game back on 20:00 - Jul 18 by MerseyBlue

Not the oracle, just pointing out something that has been discussed here, there and everywhere for what seems like forever at this point.

I'm double jabbed. Government says I can go to football. When does being double jabbed become acceptable for me to do what I want. Tomorrow, three months time, next year.
First league game back on 20:08 - Jul 18 with 931 viewsNthsuffolkblue

First league game back on 20:05 - Jul 18 by gtsb1966

I'm double jabbed. Government says I can go to football. When does being double jabbed become acceptable for me to do what I want. Tomorrow, three months time, next year.

"When does being double jabbed become acceptable for me to do what I want?"

When does having a driving licence become acceptable for me to ignore all the laws of driving on the road?

First league game back on 20:09 - Jul 18 with 926 viewsMullet

Probably when people start realising the death toll has been linked to them doing what they want….

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

First league game back on 20:10 - Jul 18 with 916 viewsMerseyBlue

Being double jabbed doesn't make you invincible, nor does it mean you are incapable of harming anyone else. I do understand the frustrations of the last year and a half but by and large, we are able to do what we want. I don't think it's much of an ask to make some of the small changes that are being suggested for the cause of public health. We've all missed out on things, but at a time when cases are climbing, it seems pretty short sighted to relax things in quite the fashion that tomorrow will bring. Your opinion clearly differs, which is fine. I'm only challenging you on the science aspect, not on your opinions of what represents an imposition on your freedoms, and what represents one on mine.

First league game back on 20:12 - Jul 18 with 911 viewsgtsb1966

First league game back on 20:08 - Jul 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

"When does being double jabbed become acceptable for me to do what I want?"

When does having a driving licence become acceptable for me to ignore all the laws of driving on the road?

Covid will still be here this time next year. When do accept we have to live with it. Not a great scenario I know but one we have to accept.
First league game back on 20:15 - Jul 18 with 897 viewsMullet

First league game back on 20:12 - Jul 18 by gtsb1966

Covid will still be here this time next year. When do accept we have to live with it. Not a great scenario I know but one we have to accept.

But you are the one not wanting to live with it. Wearing a mask and washing your hands is not a gritty life in some post apocalyptic future. The amount of people making such a fuss and babying over it is unreal.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

First league game back on 20:17 - Jul 18 with 892 viewswkj

First league game back on 20:12 - Jul 18 by gtsb1966

Though next year the bulk of the Uk will be vacinated. As it stands, a good number of the 30-40 brackets are still without their second shot.

When a lockdown is lifted, the last part of this year should be met with caution and a clear and safe plan forward. No one is saying people should be stuck at home in a fallout shelter, but to air on the side of caution for the next few months while the remaining adults (who sensibly opt-in) get double dosed.

Edit: The figures are about 53% of the UK has had their second dose. That is a lot of people who are going to be in a risky position come tomorrow if they don't go about things with the utmost of caution, and just as important, the people around them.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=GBR
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 20:23]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

First league game back on 20:17 - Jul 18 with 889 viewsgtsb1966

First league game back on 20:10 - Jul 18 by MerseyBlue

Being double jabbed doesn't make you invincible, nor does it mean you are incapable of harming anyone else. I do understand the frustrations of the last year and a half but by and large, we are able to do what we want. I don't think it's much of an ask to make some of the small changes that are being suggested for the cause of public health. We've all missed out on things, but at a time when cases are climbing, it seems pretty short sighted to relax things in quite the fashion that tomorrow will bring. Your opinion clearly differs, which is fine. I'm only challenging you on the science aspect, not on your opinions of what represents an imposition on your freedoms, and what represents one on mine.

I can honestly say , apart from my annual holiday with mates I've missed out on nothing. I would wear a mask for another year if the government told me too. If everyone is double jabbed though where do we go from there.
First league game back on 20:41 - Jul 18 with 834 viewsMerseyBlue

First league game back on 20:17 - Jul 18 by gtsb1966

I can honestly say , apart from my annual holiday with mates I've missed out on nothing. I would wear a mask for another year if the government told me too. If everyone is double jabbed though where do we go from there.

What about the scientists? The government have made their decisions based on money and popularity, the scientists have spoken against what the government are suggesting. The thing I come back to with the masks is that the Japanese have developed a culture of mask-wearing over a number of years, these things take time to cultivate, and Japanese culture is very different to our own, but why can't we learn to do the same for the benefit of public health, covid or otherwise? I take your point about where does it end, I can't tell you that, but I think that based on the data and the prevalence of new strains, the time isn't now. We could well be back to where we were a couple of months ago in the next month. My opinion is that this cycle could go on for some years yet, but maintaining the basic measures will allow us to live a relatively normal life, despite the fact that things could yet get a lot worse.

First league game back on 20:45 - Jul 18 with 834 viewsEwan_Oozami

First league game back on 19:18 - Jul 18 by SitfcB

If not then I apologise.

Just a quick genuine question - I was at the Burton game last Dec as I think you were too - I wore a mask the entire time I was in the vicinity of PR including in my socially distanced seat.

Did you wear a mask all the time inside PR?

Or did anyone else on this board wear a mask the entire time they were in PR?

From what I can see, the circumstances under which matches are going to be played in August aren't much different from that December game, so why would/should anyone's behaviour change just because the Govt have declared some kind of "Freedom Day"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

First league game back on 20:46 - Jul 18 with 824 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

First league game back on 20:48 - Jul 18 with 819 viewsgtsb1966

First league game back on 20:41 - Jul 18 by MerseyBlue

What about the scientists? The government have made their decisions based on money and popularity, the scientists have spoken against what the government are suggesting. The thing I come back to with the masks is that the Japanese have developed a culture of mask-wearing over a number of years, these things take time to cultivate, and Japanese culture is very different to our own, but why can't we learn to do the same for the benefit of public health, covid or otherwise? I take your point about where does it end, I can't tell you that, but I think that based on the data and the prevalence of new strains, the time isn't now. We could well be back to where we were a couple of months ago in the next month. My opinion is that this cycle could go on for some years yet, but maintaining the basic measures will allow us to live a relatively normal life, despite the fact that things could yet get a lot worse.

I'll continue to wear a mask tomorrow in the shops. I'll wait to see the figures in three weeks time before I decide my next move. Good post from you I might add.
First league game back on 20:52 - Jul 18 with 817 viewsBlue_Order

First league game back on 18:00 - Jul 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Any reason?

I would love to be there for the first home match but I do not intend to go if there are no safety precautions at all.

Nah, I was just being daft agreeing with an exact number.

I don’t think it’ll be much more than that though - be a fair few staying away for a while I reckon, and others like yourself, depending on precautions etc.
I wore a mask at that game..... on 20:52 - Jul 18 with 814 viewsBloots

First league game back on 20:45 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Just a quick genuine question - I was at the Burton game last Dec as I think you were too - I wore a mask the entire time I was in the vicinity of PR including in my socially distanced seat.

From what I can see, the circumstances under which matches are going to be played in August aren't much different from that December game, so why would/should anyone's behaviour change just because the Govt have declared some kind of "Freedom Day"?

....on entry and for the duration of the game.

I think the obvious difference between now and then is the vaccine, plus the ability to get tested easily and quickly.

I won't wear a mask in my seat this season, unless specifically asked to do so.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

First league game back on 20:57 - Jul 18 with 799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

First league game back on 20:52 - Jul 18 by Blue_Order

Nah, I was just being daft agreeing with an exact number.

I don’t think it’ll be much more than that though - be a fair few staying away for a while I reckon, and others like yourself, depending on precautions etc.

Fair enough. I thought I was missing some significance about the number.

I wore a mask at that game..... on 20:59 - Jul 18 with 794 viewsEwan_Oozami

I wore a mask at that game..... on 20:52 - Jul 18 by Bloots

....on entry and for the duration of the game.

I think the obvious difference between now and then is the vaccine, plus the ability to get tested easily and quickly.

I won't wear a mask in my seat this season, unless specifically asked to do so.

That's fair enough - I had very roughly equated the presence of the vaccine with the social distancing measures in place at the time - not very scientific but as has been pointed out many times, the vaccine doesn't completely stop you getting or passing on Covid, it just reduces the impact on if you do get it - personally I'll be doing the same as I did for the Burton game....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

First league game back on 21:07 - Jul 18 with 779 viewsSitfcB

First league game back on 20:45 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

I wore a mask apart from when I was in my seat, as I did at Wembley the other week.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024