Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diving is trending on twitter... 22:46 - Jul 7 with 3461 viewswkj

Comical really... VAR + Ref were in agreement.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 22:48]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Diving is trending on twitter... on 09:41 - Jul 8 with 501 viewsjayessess

Diving is trending on twitter... on 09:30 - Jul 8 by PhilTWTD

I agree with the latter, but I think it would have been a free-kick elsewhere on the pitch, although without too much certainty with last night's referee who was very hit and miss on his decision-making, and denied England an earlier penalty which looked pretty much as obvious as they come to me. Thought the Italy-Spain referee was far superior.

Given how hard the refs have tried to keep the game flowing in this tournament to find a ref with seemingly unlimited tolerance for tactical fouls was pretty odd.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 10:55]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Diving is trending on twitter... on 09:45 - Jul 8 with 490 viewsSteve_M

Diving is trending on twitter... on 09:33 - Jul 8 by wkj

Had Kane been given a Penalty earlier, I doubt that one would have been called.

However, the ref was lazer focussed on the play. He had a view that none of us did while watching on TV.

Yep, I did think that at the time. He was very close to the incident.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:00 - Jul 8 with 478 viewsPhilTWTD

Diving is trending on twitter... on 09:41 - Jul 8 by jayessess

Given how hard the refs have tried to keep the game flowing in this tournament to find a ref with seemingly unlimited tolerance for tactical fouls was pretty odd.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 10:55]

Yes, cards should have come out much earlier, seemed bizarre that the same players kept getting away with it time and again. Except Wass who got booked for his first involvement.
Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:03 - Jul 8 with 461 viewsKropotkin123

Diving is trending on twitter... on 07:58 - Jul 8 by wkj

True, which is why I also enjoyed the ref on the ITV panel saying he'd give it too.

I really like when they go to the ref for the big decisions. Great to get a professional opinion that follows the rules, not an emotional or bias one.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:06 - Jul 8 with 457 viewsKropotkin123

Diving is trending on twitter... on 08:36 - Jul 8 by PassionNotAnger

Judging by your user name are you aspiring to one of those edgey "shock-jocks" that constantly try to be controversial to get some attention (possibly because you aren't getting any at home as your Mum is too busy with her new bit of rough??)

If someone is going down and they get punched in the face, it doesn't mean they weren't punched in the face. He was fouled, whether he was going down or not.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:10 - Jul 8 with 453 viewsradiogaga

Given some of the farcical decisions that have gone against us in huge games over the years, we are owed that one last night.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:14 - Jul 8 with 449 viewsm14_blue

Diving is trending on twitter... on 08:34 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

Delaney must have had 5 - the foul on Kane for the FK should have been a yellow, then a minute later he did a cynical one - 2 more in the second half and then went off injured.

A mate had a bet builder and last part for it to come in for a few quid was Delaney getting booked so he was getting very frustrated!

Absolutely incredible that he wasn't booked.

Denmark were pretty cynical throughout, and were allowed to be.
Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:50 - Jul 8 with 426 viewsStewart27

Diving is trending on twitter... on 23:13 - Jul 7 by wkj

I would say Maguire's yellow was the biggest balls up of the night.

I am not entirely convinced the freekick they scored from was a good call either.

This

Soft free kick. Soft penalty.
Login to get fewer ads

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:59 - Jul 8 with 414 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diving is trending on twitter... on 09:33 - Jul 8 by wkj

Had Kane been given a Penalty earlier, I doubt that one would have been called.

However, the ref was lazer focussed on the play. He had a view that none of us did while watching on TV.

That'd make a sneaky Spot The Ball competition

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:01 - Jul 8 with 406 viewsBiGDonnie

Diving is trending on twitter... on 22:54 - Jul 7 by wkj

Oh well, I still wasn't happy that Kane didn't get a penalty earlier for a much clearer tangle - Karma came full circle in the end.

TBF though, we've been fk'd over enough in our lifetime by s*it referees decisions in the big Tournos... so if it was soft - we were owed one.

This 100000000000000 times.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:02 - Jul 8 with 404 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:14 - Jul 8 by m14_blue

Absolutely incredible that he wasn't booked.

Denmark were pretty cynical throughout, and were allowed to be.

Poulson was another, didn't get booked, but he did at least three "cynical" fouls that i can recall. The one on Maguire's shirt was a definite yellow considering what Maguire got booked for.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:21 - Jul 8 with 386 viewsThe_Last_Baron

When the replay of the dive was shown on TV while VAR was looking at it, everyone watching it where I was said no penalty. Both the commentator and co-commentator said no penalty. I said this is where we find out a lot about VAR...despite it being an obvious wrong award, in my mind I expected the original decision to stand. Had the ref watched it on the monitor it would have been impossible for him to not change his mind.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 11:25]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:24 - Jul 8 with 381 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Diving is trending on twitter... on 10:50 - Jul 8 by Stewart27

This

Soft free kick. Soft penalty.

Free kick which led to the Denmark goal was a good decision.

Denmark made a lot of tactical fouls which they got away with for a long time due to it being a semi-final. Yellow cards should have been dished out earlkier.

I expect tactical fouls galore from Italy, who I expect will grind their way to a 1-0 win.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:31 - Jul 8 with 374 viewsm14_blue

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:21 - Jul 8 by The_Last_Baron

When the replay of the dive was shown on TV while VAR was looking at it, everyone watching it where I was said no penalty. Both the commentator and co-commentator said no penalty. I said this is where we find out a lot about VAR...despite it being an obvious wrong award, in my mind I expected the original decision to stand. Had the ref watched it on the monitor it would have been impossible for him to not change his mind.

I don't agree, I think the reason VAR has been 10000x better in this tournament than in the PL is that they've actually followed the 'clear and obvious error' mantra.

I didn't think it was a penalty, and I thought the Kane one probably was, but neither of them were obvious so just get on with the game.

If that was PL match we'd have been sitting round for 5 minutes.
Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:34 - Jul 8 with 370 viewsBiGDonnie

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:24 - Jul 8 by The_Last_Baron

Denmark made a lot of tactical fouls which they got away with for a long time due to it being a semi-final. Yellow cards should have been dished out earlkier.

I expect tactical fouls galore from Italy, who I expect will grind their way to a 1-0 win.

I reckon you'll be surprised on Sunday lad!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:45 - Jul 8 with 354 viewsSamWhiteUK

All this talk about Sterling going down easily, but no one seems to mention the fact that the Denmark player who won the free kick somehow ended up on the floor, despite the foul (whether it was one or not, probably was) involved both him and Shaw standing upright, with Shaw holding him a little. All of a sudden, he's on the ground. Which part of the challenge caused that then?
Diving is trending on twitter... on 12:55 - Jul 8 with 321 viewsRadlett_blue

Diving is trending on twitter... on 11:21 - Jul 8 by The_Last_Baron

There wasn't much obvious contact with Sterling but equally it wasn't an obvious dive so VAR protocol was used correctly. The penalty was one of those 50-50 decisions that we'd have been blue in the face about if it had been an opposition penalty, but that's football. England deserved to win anyway.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Diving is trending on twitter... on 13:31 - Jul 8 with 298 viewswkj

I see you're back to being a contrarian with the sole intent and purpose to troll once more. I hope you had a decent holiday into the realms of normality for the few weeks it lasted.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024